Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Yes, but with debuffs made.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Iggleboz

Aug 30, 2016
Neutral Bay
www.youtube.com
The Update Aquatic is on its way very soon and the trident might be a good item to eggwars, or not. It could be 64 diamonds on normal difficulty, either 64 or 32 on op, and on hardcore. As the trident won't have Loyalty, , if you throw it at someone, they'll just pick it up themselves, or, if you throw it at someone who's over the void, you'll lose it forever. Either way, it'll be a one time use thing if you throw it, meaning that the short cooldown and 9 attack damage from the melee would be the reason to get this. What do you think?

precisi0n

Aug 2, 2017
well, you expect everyone that wants to play eggwars on 1.9+ pvp join on 1.13? until at least optifine (and most other popular mods) become compatible, this won’t happen (and I doubt it will ever be, since eggwars is one of the most popular minigames on cubecraft).

I mean, tridents are a cool idea but you will have to make sure everyone plays on 1.13.

Riptide can only be used in the water, and there is no water in ANY eggwars map.
Moreover, Riptide bonus attack damage is only applied to water creatures, and a player isn’t one of them. On the other hand, with plugins you can even make eggs stack in 64 so maybe it’s still realisable.

Reactions: Iggleboz

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
well, you expect everyone that wants to play eggwars on 1.9+ pvp join on 1.13? until at least optifine (and most other popular mods) become compatible, this won’t happen (and I doubt it will ever be, since eggwars is one of the most popular minigames on cubecraft).
I do believe all popular mods (like optifine) will be updated by the time cube updates to 1.13. We would need to do a full network update, and that would take quite some time.

Im not sure how well a trident would work, but I’m sure there are quite a few balances that could happen so it could be implemented.

Reactions: Iggleboz

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Maybe if the durability was quite low, or you got slowness when using it?
or how about you stop treating it like it's an absolutely godly weapon. Miss someone once with it and boom there go your 64 diamonds. On the contrary you can shoot someone as much as you want with a devastating bow for just 25 diamonds or less.

If it's 64 diamonds it's not viable and once players realize this nobody is gonna buy it.

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
Tridents have the power of a diamond axe with a slightly faster cooldown. The cooldown isnt fast enough for you to your combos either to the same extent as swords.

Riptude enchantment is really strong. I suggest that they add something called a “waterlogged fence” into the eggwars shop. If broken the water disappears along with it. The water doesnt flow either.

You could use this to take advantage of riptide in a balanced manner.

Trident - 16 diamonds
Riptide 2 - 30diamonds
Riptide 3 - 40
Loyalty 3 - 25 diamonds

Reactions: CommunistCactus

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant

I mean, tridents are a cool idea but you will have to make sure everyone plays on 1.13.

Moreover, Riptide bonus attack damage is only applied to water creatures, and a player isn’t one of them. On the other hand, with plugins you can even make eggs stack in 64 so maybe it’s still realisable.
you’re wrong. Riptide does absolutely no bonus damage. It is the impaling enchantment that does the extra damage to aquatic creatures.

Oh, also mods and resourcepacks are trivial. The server will update completely. Im sure at least a few of them will upgrade anyway, including Optifine.

precisi0n

Aug 2, 2017
you’re wrong. Riptide does absolutely no bonus damage. It is the impaling enchantment that does the extra damage to aquatic creatures.

Oh, also mods and resourcepacks are trivial. The server will update completely. Im sure at least a few of them will upgrade anyway, including Optifine.
Yeah, apologises, I confused those two. Still, my point stands (Afaik you cannot apply Sharpness or any usual sword enchantments to a trident). Also I believe tridents with loyalty (regardless of level) sold at a price of 40 diamonds would be a nice addition.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
64 diamonds for a one-time hit that you could possibly miss?
Nobody would ever buy it.
30 maximum.
Compare it with a bow, just 8 diamonds, or a punch bow for 25.
If it's that expensive what's the point of having it in-game? Nobody is gonna buy it that way.
It's for attacking melee of course, 64 for a weapon with 9 attack damage seems balanced in my opinion (in normal). It was already said in the first message:
Either way, it'll be a one time use thing if you throw it, meaning that the short cooldown and 9 attack damage from the melee would be the reason to get this.

Reactions: God.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Reactions: General Kenobi
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom