🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
logo.png

Hi there!

So you're interested in solving some puzzles?
Well you're at the right place!

This map features ten unique puzzles, good for an hour of gameplay!
Teleport the armor stand around the map, launch it with slime blocks,
activate pressure plates with custom functions and much more!

You can play alone or with up to ten friends!
If you'd play with two or more players, everyone needs to finish the level in order to get to the next one.

The amount of times you had to try the map will be shown in your experience bar!

Swap your hands with different dyes to run a specific order!

Any feedback would be appreciated!

The map was made for Minecraft 1.14.2.

Trailer

Download links
Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/file/e2bb2wwfpyiloed/Tp+To+Me+v1.0.zip
Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15_lrK31r7IzMuzjGJNyw7jFrruay59WZ/

Pictures
2.png

3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png

Thanks for beta-testing the map,

@Kloska - @Elenahh - @Dutudy

Last edited:

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Gonna try it tomorrow. I’ll let you what I think about the map.
Thank you! If you do, try to “glitch” as much as possible, I’m trying to beat every bug there is :)
You can have a cookie, I'll have SanCookie instead, that's an infinite supply of cookies :eek:
CAN U DONT

Reactions: Basketman

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
c0PKJC2.png

Tp To Me - Feedback and opinion

If you have not played this map yet, I'll summarize it for you. You play through a multitude of levels in which you are required to teleport an armour stand along with you to activate pressure plates. These pressure plates activate effects or mechanisms and must not be deactivated (hence why you have to teleport the armour stand). In some levels, your reflexes had to be on point in order to teleport (or in some levels, to activate the pressure plates yourself) at the exact second you had to. It was a very interesting concept and the execution was brilliant.

This map, simply put, was magnificent. The concept was new, original, refreshing and something I haven't really seen before. At least not to this extent. I myself have made (mainly adventure) maps in the past, and in my opinion, maps require a few main aspects in order to be successful. Some of which are originality (a refreshing concept), technically pleasing (good use of command blocks) and player input. This map really had all three of these!

Now, the most valuable feedback for the creator, how can you improve? Despite the fact this map was dazzling, I missed quite a few features.

Lobby & Level 1

I spawned in the lobby and had no clue what do to. I was facing a cage which told me a pressure plate activates a mechanism. That was it basically, then I had to confirm I was ready by pressing a button and then the actual guidelines popped up. Which brings me on to my next point: The explanation in chat was long-winded and boring. If people confirm that they're ready to play, then they don't want to lose another minute reading how to play.

Dyn2839.png

What I suggest doing, is just having a board with some moving and colour-changing signs on (like you did in the lobby as well). These type of signs are easy on the eye and allow the player to read at own pace and to just start playing if they feel like they understand.
If you don't like that idea, then have a box like "[NEXT >>]" after every chat message so, once again, the player can read at their own pace.

Level 2 (view spoiler for those who have short memory loss or haven't played the map yet :p)

Lava should instant-kill you. It was very tedious to wait for my player character to die all the time - yes, this level took me far longer than I'm willing to admit.
ytlCma8.png

This can very easily be detected by using a single repeating command block
rGOInEe.png

End Lobby

I was actually disappointed by this. I always love to have some further features in the end lobby, I love seeing end lobbies that feel alive.

Something I'd highly recommend is having the option to 'spectate' the map, but as in, the command block teleports you to cool angles in the map. With every new angle a new line of text appears on the screen (e.g. how many command blocks went into the map, how much time you spent on the map, possible inspiration, etc.)

When I say 'feel alive' I seriously meant it. I would have LOVED to see the beta-testers as an armour-stand 'playing' the map. They don't necessarily have to be moving but it'd just make the map feel so viable and this would have been so much fun. Make a scene where all beta-testers together are (for example) discussing the tactic or working together. Go to town!

In general

The terracotta design was simple, which suited the map style. The terracotta itself though didn't suit so much - in my opinion. In the new 1.14 texture pack, it looks kind of rough, especially in a map like this. The map was very clean and polished, hence why I feel like concrete would have been a better block choice. I replaced all terracotta with the corresponding concrete colours (see spoiler) to show what I mean.
sUvk7WE.png

I would have loved a timer! It surely would motivate players to get a better time than their friends (and for bragging rights, obviously)

Conclusion

The map was magnificent and I enjoyed every second playing it. In fact, it inspired me to continue my map making as well. I also want to add, I loved the creative use of 1.13 and 1.14 mechanics, very appealing!

Now, this whole thing took me 40 minutes to type out. So, thank me for my time and see ya x

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi, I really appreciate all of the feedback, I'm going to reply to most of it, explaining why I did stuff like it is.
I spawned in the lobby and had no clue what do to. I was facing a cage which told me a pressure plate activates a mechanism. That was it basically, then I had to confirm I was ready by pressing a button and then the actual guidelines popped up. Which brings me on to my next point: The explanation in chat was long-winded and boring. If people confirm that they're ready to play, then they don't want to lose another minute reading how to play.
This was a hard decision for me; I wasn't sure who was going to play the map, some people understand what to do quite quickly, and I guess I put myself into the mind of those people since I already knew how to play the map.

About the explanation in chat, it also was part of my though decision, and I had no idea how to explain the rather complex functions of the map in any other way.

What I suggest doing, is just having a board with some moving and colour-changing signs on (like you did in the lobby as well). These type of signs are easy on the eye and allow the player to read at own pace and to just start playing if they feel like they understand.
If you don't like that idea, then have a box like "[NEXT >>]" after every chat message so, once again, the player can read at their own pace.
I feel like signs would confuse some people even more, since some players just don't read them at all (that's why in level 4 I added the signs again, where I tell people which pressure plate activates what stuff).

The [NEXT] box idea is smart, if you would have suggested that when I was making the map, I would have gone for that option! The explanation used to go way too fast and people would be confused because there was so much text.

Lava should instant-kill you. It was very tedious to wait for my player character to die all the time - yes, this level took me far longer than I'm willing to admit.
ytlCma8.png
This can very easily be detected by using a single repeating command block
rGOInEe.png
That might also have been a smarter idea. This level was the only one with lava, so also the only one that could kill you. I struggled a little bit with this, mainly because of the resistance effect. It used to be there unless you were in lava, but that didn't work like I wanted it to. If I would've used this command, the water on the sides of the map would also be removed because it wouldn't be needed.
End Lobby

I was actually disappointed by this. I always love to have some further features in the end lobby, I love seeing end lobbies that feel alive.

Something I'd highly recommend is having the option to 'spectate' the map, but as in, the command block teleports you to cool angles in the map. With every new angle a new line of text appears on the screen (e.g. how many command blocks went into the map, how much time you spent on the map, possible inspiration, etc.)

When I say 'feel alive' I seriously meant it. I would have LOVED to see the beta-testers as an armour-stand 'playing' the map. They don't necessarily have to be moving but it'd just make the map feel so viable and this would have been so much fun. Make a scene where all beta-testers together are (for example) discussing the tactic or working together. Go to town!
I love this idea! It's amazing! When making the last part of the map (the end lobby), I felt bored and needed to finish it. That's probably the main reason why it ended out of nowhere. I should have gone with what you suggested! If and when there will be a part 2, I'll make sure to add this stuff. It's very useful!
In general

The terracotta design was simple, which suited the map style. The terracotta itself though didn't suit so much - in my opinion. In the new 1.14 texture pack, it looks kind of rough, especially in a map like this. The map was very clean and polished, hence why I feel like concrete would have been a better block choice. I replaced all terracotta with the corresponding concrete colours (see spoiler) to show what I mean.
sUvk7WE.png

I feel like the replacement you did is a tad too bright on the eye. I didn't know what I would design the map with, and this was just an idea that came out of nowhere. I designed my test room with those blocks, and then the first level, and suddenly the whole map had the same look!

I would have loved a timer! It surely would motivate players to get a better time than their friends (and for bragging rights, obviously)
I was considering this idea for a long time, but a timer could also be quite stressful. Another problem was: where would I put this timer? I didn't want to use a scoreboard because I don't enjoy the looks of these. I might consider it for the second part.

To add a little competition, I added a death counter (some people also didn't like that, since it is not fun to see the number go up) but still.

Conclusion
The map was magnificent and I enjoyed every second playing it. In fact, it inspired me to continue my map making as well. I also want to add, I loved the creative use of 1.13 and 1.14 mechanics, very appealing!

Now, this whole thing took me 40 minutes to type out. So, thank me for my time and see ya x
I appreciate all of your time that went into the constructive criticism! This is probably the best criticism I've had yet on my map!

When you're done with your map, I'd love to check it out too!

Reactions: Priley

stippedbarbie69

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2019
Netherlands
View attachment 153280

Hi there!

So you're interested in solving some puzzles?
Well you're at the right place!

This map features ten unique puzzles, good for an hour of gameplay!
Teleport the armor stand around the map, launch it with slime blocks,
activate pressure plates with custom functions and much more!

You can play alone or with up to ten friends!
If you'd play with two or more players, everyone needs to finish the level in order to get to the next one.

The amount of times you had to try the map will be shown in your experience bar!

Swap your hands with different dyes to run a specific order!

Any feedback would be appreciated!

The map was made for Minecraft 1.14.2.

Trailer

Download links
Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/file/e2bb2wwfpyiloed/Tp+To+Me+v1.0.zip
Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15_lrK31r7IzMuzjGJNyw7jFrruay59WZ/

Pictures
View attachment 153270
View attachment 153271
View attachment 153276 View attachment 153272 View attachment 153277 View attachment 153278 View attachment 153273 View attachment 153279 View attachment 153274 View attachment 153281 View attachment 153275

Thanks for beta-testing the map,

@Kloska - @Elenahh - @Dutudy
Nice looks great

Reactions: SanCookie
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom