Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Towerdefence - Hardcore Mode, remove because of abuse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
We cant just "adapt" to the game because it will be over in less than 2 minutes, literally. And thats not even the only problem, like Snap said trying to become number one on the leaderboard is ridiculously difficult if your competition uses this silverfish and pigmen rushing.
You can adapt, just ruthlessly massacre any opponents in sight (or at least try to). That's what I mean as in adapt, just use a different strategy.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
I mean think about it, donators donated. They can vote for what they want. No one should control that because they donated with irl money.
That doesn't mean they should win every game or Cube would get blacklisted for EULA violation. Ofc they should have the ability to choose game mechanics but that doesn't guaruntee a win.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Silverfish have very low health. They're eZ to kill if you have any sort of weapon.
Its actually fairly difficult to kill full waves of zombies with no towers on the field. So what if the zombies started flying, had 3x as much health, and got a minuscule hitbox. Thats called a silverfish, and you cant kill them with a wooden sword, at least not 36 of them.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Silverfish have very low health. They're eZ to kill if you have any sort of weapon.

They ARENT 'easy' to kill. Especially not when several waves are send all at once. Please also note this is suppose to be 'Tower Defence'. I intent to defence with towers, not wapons.

If you believe this isn't true provide evidence of you killing them 'easy' in hardcoremode. Don't bother picking the longest map there while youre in a team while all upgraiding the same tower,... I would very much like to see this happening legendaric 'easy' stratic of yours in a short map.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Its actually fairly difficult to kill full waves of zombies with no towers on the field. So what if the zombies started flying, had 3x as much health, and got a minuscule hitbox. Thats called a silverfish, and you cant kill them with a wooden sword, at least not 36 of them.
They ARENT 'easy' to kill. Especially not when several waves are send all at once. Please also note this is suppose to be 'Tower Defence'. I intent to defence with towers, not wapons.

If you believe this isn't true provide evidence of you killing them 'easy' in hardcoremode. Don't bother picking the longest map there while youre in a team while all upgraiding the same tower,... I would very much like to see this happening legendaric 'easy' stratic of yours in a short map.
My argument is obvs coming from experiences on console mc as I have never played tower defence and I have only encountered 2 or 3 silverfish on pc mc. Anyway, aren't you on a team? I'm sure each player will be able to take 5 silverfish with little trouble if they can PvP.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
My argument is obvs coming from experiences on console mc as I have never played tower defence and I have only encountered 2 or 3 silverfish on pc mc. Anyway, aren't you on a team? I'm sure each player will be able to take 5 silverfish with little trouble if they can PvP.
Each player can take on about 5 silverfish MAX in total. So it still wont take down 36 silverfish.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016

You’re just assuming here that when I tell people to send silverfish they will all instantly listen as well.

This is the arrogant attitude of someone who has been playing too much games with a standard group of ‘expert friends’. The reality however is that most players inside their team go their own way. Then when you try make suggestions it’s called being bossy or ‘pretending you know everything’. Especially close to the beginning. And I actually don’t blame them. It’s just been skeptical towards players they’ve never meat before which makes teamwork close to the start of a new round hard.

To give you a nice little analogie:

A rich person telling a poor person to go to his second vacation home whenever he feels burnsout.

- Most people don’t play tower defence with expert friends but solo in a team -

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
A flame war? Without me?
We're aware of how overpowered this particular setup in TD is and it is being addressed. Stats won't be reset, since there are no rules being violated.
Jokes aside, it's nice to see the staff are aware and even though Tacosbefriends gave us a soon™ response, it's nice to see they actually know about it. I was kinda hoping for stats reset but it's not really important, I'll just look at the mob summons leaderboard which is actually legitimate.

In response to @KoiYT
My apologies, but you seem to be talking about something you have not seen. If you had been in at least one silverfish game, you would know they are in fact not "eZ" at all (the 50% health bonus from Hardcore makes that even worse). You cannot really "adapt" to the situation since there is only one way to do so and no other. You need to know the counter which is very unintuitive to beat it. If you care, it's quite easy to find a silverfish game : look in TD lobbies for Obsidian players and join the same games as them. They have around a 50% chance to abuse the synergy, get on the opposite team and watch the events unfold.

In response to @zShauna
I don't want to get involved too much, but let's compare a controversial voting option (such as OP mode on Eggwars) with one that is actually broken, the Quick Start + Hardcore synergy. When a donator votes for OP, sometimes people don't like it. However, if you happen to have 1000 Eggwars wins but see OP for the first time (not likely, but it's a simulation), you can still pull it off with your amazing PvP skills, even though it's the first time you saw that mode. On the other hand, Hardcore + Quick Start cannot be beaten even if you have 1000 tower defence wins. There is an extremely specific strategy you need to use (described here). This would be considered bad play in Normal mode. You literally need to know the obscure counter, and if you do, in the end it turns down to 70% click speed 30% number of players who know how to survive the rush. I'm not saying it's impossible or not fun, just that it's not Tower Defence. (Seeing the obsidians rage when you win is quite something). You have a donator rank, so you are free to vote for whatever you want, just know that a lot of people will dislike your doings since this has the tendency of making people quit TD. Sorry if you feel like I'm trying to correct you, I'm just saying that controversial/difficult is very different from broken/unfair.

In response to @Glaucus7
Goodness! And I thought following obsidians in their games only to try to beat them at their own game was taking it too far... It's nice to see how determinated you are to end this exploit once and for all. While I agree with almost everything of what you said, try to keep things polite, since we will only acquire a patch by keeping calm.

My apologies if I sounded VerySmart™, but I just wanted to put my two cents in this discussion.

Reactions: Glaucus7

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
In response to @KoiYT
My apologies, but you seem to be talking about something you have not seen. If you had been in at least one silverfish game, you would know they are in fact not "eZ" at all (the 50% health bonus from Hardcore makes that even worse). You cannot really "adapt" to the situation since there is only one way to do so and no other. You need to know the counter which is very unintuitive to beat it. If you care, it's quite easy to find a silverfish game : look in TD lobbies for Obsidian players and join the same games as them. They have around a 50% chance to abuse the synergy, get on the opposite team and watch the events unfold.
I wasn't being sarcastic.
soonTM
VerySmartTM
Was that an attempt to trademark those words?™
That trademark symbol was a joke before anyone gives me **** for it.

Reactions: Manchot999

TheDumbFrost

Aug 18, 2017
View attachment 137301

violation of voting by kouta1234. Several players said they didn't want to, YET this hardcore mode was forced.
upload_2017-9-12_9-13-3.png

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
EULA RULES

Can I award all players with a gameplay feature if I reach a donation goal within a time period?
Yes, so long as all players receive the benefit regardless of who donated then it’s OK.

Source:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...la-revisited-an-updated-q-a-from-mojang#c3724

Donators are being benifit and using this mode for own gain against non-paying players. This is being aknowlegdge by cubecraft and nothing is been done about it for weeks. I'm drawing my line and reporthing this server to be brought to justice.

Kind Regards.

Reactions: A pigeon
A

A pigeon

I am in serious doubt that people saying "its a strategy" even play the game.

Edit : oh , koi doesnt even play tower defense. My doubts have been confirmed.

Reactions: 0ffense
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom