Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you lag in later rounds with lots of mobs?

• Total voters
Dec 30, 2020
I don't know if it's just me or when you get later on into round and start having large amounts of mobs the game starts to lagg so badly people start being disconnected.
Screenshot 2021-01-31 002136.png

LemonMan512

Jul 20, 2016
I get it after Armageddon and people finally got the Giants, and they save to send 12 Giant Troops at once. Then I get 1 FPS, and chats, or commands take like 5 minutes to post

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Has this been acknowledges by a staff member already? It's happening pretty much every single time I reach lategame.

And it isn't FPS lag. It's the game actually sluggishly trying to stay alive, through sending mobs and throwing potions you can see that 1 second is not actually just 1 second..

Last edited:
Reactions: Matriox

heavenly55

Jan 28, 2021
United States
I don't know if it's just me or when you get later on into round and start having large amounts of mobs the game starts to lagg so badly people start being disconnected.View attachment 185256
The lag seems substantially worse when sending giants more than any other mob. I think the lag with magmas has improved a lot, but if giants are on any map, it lags me out. I don't think I have ever lagged out as much as I do now.

I think this deters players from having a long game, and in my opinion, it is not a good thing (especially if they are taking losses for this). I'm not sure why this is happening now or if there are any ways that it can be fixed in the near future. However, this issue along with many others (post-update), such as upgrading towers for players that do not have paths unlocked and placing multiple towers of the same kind next to each other(mages/quakes/etc), should be discussed/focused on to improve the gameplay experience of all players.

Reactions: Shotgun and Matriox

Sardonyq

Novice Member
Jun 19, 2018
a fairy tale.
There could be an internal issue, but if your computer isn't amazing it could understandably struggle with like 45 giants on the screen, along with many entities and particles from the towers. I recommend lowering your particle settings and render distance if you're really struggling with lag. But with the type of game that Tower Defense is if there aren't internal issues with lagging from the server's side this might just be something that the player base has to power through.

Reactions: zMigi_ and Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
There could be an internal issue, but if your computer isn't amazing it could understandably struggle with like 45 giants on the screen, along with many entities and particles from the towers. I recommend lowering your particle settings and render distance if you're really struggling with lag. But with the type of game that Tower Defense is if there aren't internal issues with lagging from the server's side this might just be something that the player base has to power through.
I feel like in the last while it's not that tho, even ppl with a good pc and good Internet will crash i have had numerous games in the last week in which the whole game just have up and we were put back in a lobby, and thats everyone not just ppl with bad WiFi and pc

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
This is mostly caused because of the number of entities and particles the game loads the late game, while some low-end pc is most likely to crash due to some entities and/or particles that is not always the case because I've seen people with good pc's crash on tower defense games.

heavenly55

Jan 28, 2021
United States
I feel like in the last while it's not that tho, even ppl with a good pc and good Internet will crash i have had numerous games in the last week in which the whole game just have up and we were put back in a lobby, and thats everyone not just ppl with bad WiFi and pc
Like Matriox said, even people with a good pc and stable internet experience the server crashing. I had experienced this with magmas maybe a handful of times before the update (same pc, same internet connection), but I began experiencing this in almost every long game that I play (post update). There are also many td players in the same boat, with good pcs and even great internet connections that also crash with giants.

Dec 30, 2020
Like Matriox said, even people with a good pc and stable internet experience the server crashing. I had experienced this with magmas maybe a handful of times before the update (same pc, same internet connection), but I began experiencing this in almost every long game that I play (post update). There are also many td players in the same boat, with good pcs and even great internet connections that also crash with giants.

Sometimes it's not even just crashing, they just can't be bothered to play with the lag and quit.

I don't know how they would rectify this issue without adding server resources...

heavenly55

Jan 28, 2021
United States
Sometimes it's not even just crashing, they just can't be bothered to play with the lag and quit.

I don't know how they would rectify this issue without adding server resources...
Maybe they could go back to what was originally had. I can't speak for other players, but I would definitely prefer the occasional lag with magmas than the constant crashing with giants. Again, I'm not sure how many people are experiencing this, but it seems like both teams are affected by this when the server crashes (at least in the games that I have played).

I know that many players are considering "rushes" over "long games" now. I don't think this is good because the people on the other team don't even get the chance to learn the game/defense, as they otherwise would have during a long game. Personally, I prefer long games, but I now dread the possibility of the server crashing for everyone. I am also aware of people who are intentionally sending giants to crash the server when they are clearly losing, and I cannot help but see this as abusing a bug.

Dec 30, 2020
Were you doing horde? I found that it's monumentally better when you choose Wither for Armageddon.

I played a few games with Wither for Armageddon, and I have yet to experience a really bad lag/ server crash. However, it could just be luck.

Because I know horde can do it I picked lightning and there were very little giants this round too mainly blazes and other flying mobs.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom