Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would You Like This Gamemode Added to Tower Defense?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 5, 2016
Hello fello Crafters and Miners,
I am here to recommend a new gamemode to play in Tower Defense. Now I know Tower Defense isn't the most popular game on CubeCraft, but all games deserve attention. So in this proposal I will present the Idea, and Please help support this idea if you would like it added as well.

Back in the old days when TheChunk was the original owner of Minerware, Ender, Block Wars, and Tower Defense; there was a gamemode along side team based TD. It was a Mob Wave type gamemode. The map had 4 entrances for mobs to come through, and players could join starting from 4-12. The game would start. we get some time to setup the first towers and then just like in any Wave type game a weak mob comes out. then every round gets progressively harder. and in this mode you cant upgrade your goldmine. You are stuck at a 10 gold per second rate. And you have to work together with your teammates to help defend and prepare for all the upcoming waves.

For a refrence, here is popular Minecraft youtuber Ssundee playing this game several years ago.

If you would like to add or change anything about my idea please just say I suggest Adding/Changing (your idea).

Additions to main idea from comments.
  • RNG factor fro mob difficulty, speed, quantity, and armor.
  • 1v1v1v1 Survival mode. Who cant last the longest

Last edited:

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Hello fello Crafters and Miners,
I am here to recommend a new gamemode to play in Tower Defense. Now I know Tower Defense isn't the most popular game on CubeCraft, but all games deserve attention. So in this proposal I will present the Idea, and Please help support this idea if you would like it added as well.

Back in the old days when TheChunk was the original owner of Minerware, Ender, Block Wars, and Tower Defense; there was a gamemode along side team based TD. It was a Mob Wave type gamemode. The map had 4 entrances for mobs to come through, and players could join starting from 4-12. The game would start. we get some time to setup the first towers and then just like in any Wave type game a weak mob comes out. then every round gets progressively harder. and in this mode you cant upgrade your goldmine. You are stuck at a 10 gold per second rate. And you have to work together with your teammates to help defend and prepare for all the upcoming waves.

If you would like to add or change anything about my idea please just say I suggest Adding/Changing (your idea).
I'd also want to see a solo mode too since teammates in co-op games are almost always uncooperative. Question is, how many waves or is it endurance mode?

Dec 5, 2016
I'd also want to see a solo mode too since teammates in co-op games are almost always uncooperative. Question is, how many waves or is it endurance mode?
In the original game it was 20 waves i believe. But an endurance mode would be cool, but eventually there would be soo many mobs it would lag the server to death :P

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I dont think this would be to fun the reason is in normal TD everything is random the problem is waves can cause routines over time such as

"Ok next wave consist of this type of mob id better put up a bunch of this type of tower" now wheres the fun in that?

STBminer

Jun 13, 2016
America
I remember playing the old wave mode! I really like it and I would love for it to be added again! I really hope this is added!

Dec 5, 2016
I dont think this would be to fun the reason is in normal TD everything is random the problem is waves can cause routines over time such as

"Ok next wave consist of this type of mob id better put up a bunch of this type of tower" now wheres the fun in that?
Is that not the objective of all RTS games?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Is that not the objective of all RTS games?
I'm an SC2 player here (not ladder sadly, just co-op), and it's a good idea to have a build order or variations of your main build order in order to counter enemy compositions.

I think what spyro means it'll just become a game of memorization instead of a dynamic game.

Reactions: EducatedWaffle

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I'm an SC2 player here (not ladder sadly, just co-op), and it's a good idea to have a build order or variations of your main build order in order to counter enemy compositions.

I think what spyro means it'll just become a game of memorization instead of a dynamic game.
Exactly in waves you can memorize the pattern but as it currently is you never know what the enemy will send

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Exactly in waves you can memorize the pattern but as it currently is you never know what the enemy will send
Unless you see them the first time. However, some smart players can trick you into wasting leeches or towers by forcing you to respond to a certain wave. For example, if they send flyers, you're forced to build missile turrets (I mean, archers/anti-air. Hey, arrows are early missiles, right?).

Reactions: EducatedWaffle

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Unless you see them the first time. However, some smart players can trick you into wasting leeches or towers by forcing you to respond to a certain wave. For example, if they send flyers, you're forced to build missile turrets (I mean, archers/anti-air. Hey, arrows are early missiles, right?).
I place down 2 leeches a game and tht usually can strike the whole map from mob spawn to castle, leeches are devastating to flying mobs ive seen it one shot blazes at full health before

Dec 5, 2016
Possibly there could be a sort of rng to what mobs spawn at that level and how tough they are and quantity?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Possibly there could be a sort of rng to what mobs spawn at that level and how tough they are and quantity?
One game I played had that kind of RNG -- namely Strategy defense 5 -- used that mechanic. For example, say I spawn a wave of 10 mobs. Each mob has a chance to become a tougher unit with increased speed and attack. To distinguish it from the others, it has a white color.

@Legendary Spyro: If those leeches are charged and activated when the flyers go off, they can deal heavy damage. If the enemy is smart enough to bait the leeches beforehand (especially if leeches are placed at spawn), then they can force the leech to go off and then send their all-in.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
One game I played had that kind of RNG -- namely Strategy defense 5 -- used that mechanic. For example, say I spawn a wave of 10 mobs. Each mob has a chance to become a tougher unit with increased speed and attack. To distinguish it from the others, it has a white color.

@Legendary Spyro: If those leeches are charged and activated when the flyers go off, they can deal heavy damage. If the enemy is smart enough to bait the leeches beforehand (especially if leeches are placed at spawn), then they can force the leech to go off and then send their all-in.
Put them at mob spawn theyll go off pratically every other wave ;)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Put them at mob spawn theyll go off pratically every other wave ;)
A smart player can spawn in a creeper or a wave of zombies to purposely build charge until it activates prematurely. I did that trick against a team and we were able to shut down leeches. Because of this and how easy it is to build charge at spawn, it's situational where to build leeches.

Too far = useless. Too close = risk having its shock wave go off prematurely.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Isn't the Solo mode already going to be implemented in a Future Update and an 1v1/2v2 Mode?
Not sure....
I would like to see the Solo Mode so a +1 from me...

Jstt

Jan 5, 2016
I have made a idea thread about this, but instead of Co-op with this. Make them all rival against eachother. So it's a 1v1v1v1 gamemode. If you lose all your lives, your out. Last lane (tower) standing.

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
These people talking about "Just remember what come next and such"
You... FUDGING... CAKELESS BANTERZ...
You guys just never Play any Tower Defense, Or if you have. You probably played the easier TD Type game or you just sucks so bad at it.
Where is the justice in games? Tower Defense was great, then they have the idea to make a party of Fudging 8 v 8.
like, WHAT ?!

Oh well.
TD Is dead.
Play Radiant TD On Your Phone instead

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom