Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Matarandar

Mar 24, 2015
www.nlricardoftw.blogspot.com
Hello there!

A long time ago, we had a good time on Tower Defence. Giants were op at that time, and trollers just got kicked out of the game. Well times have changed, and as you can see at the title, I don't really care about the giants.

It's about the votekick that got removed, probarly because people were crying about it after they are not listening, misplacing towers, just doing things to annoy others, spam, etc.
Ofcourse I can understand that there were some groups trollkicking, but this, those days, are just nonsense.

It almost looks like people are damn botting on tower defence, just joining and placing random towers to annoy the hell out of the other, and never are typing a thing.
And I do not get triggered that fast, but I cannot even make a report of one of them for trolling because my account has been blocked for doing that, on my main forum account after making several reports of players breaking the rules.

The votekick should be brought back, it doesn't matter if you add rules like "troll votekicking isn't allowed" or "must specificy reason".
Thats all fine, if you ask me votekicking as a troll is annoying either.
But you know what I do see and do every 10 matches before I get 1 good match without trollers?

You think this is all? Well I decided to make a "little short compilation" about what I get in 1 single day.

Note: Reporting players, it should depend if it is bannable. If you ask me, trolling like this is included in the rule that trolling is not allowed.

Every "real" Tower Defence player knows what this problem is, its annoying, its actually demotivating to play and the reason why this game can die soon.

I warn them. I spam them. I do everything to try to win, or at least let us win or givingt hem tips. But 9 out of the 10 matches I just lose because people are just trolling and not listening without knowing the game.
No, its not "minding their own business". No, its not "trying to learn the game". They aren't trying to listen to people. They just ignore you completely. They are just trolling, and I am not even allowed to report them for trolling. And even if I was allowed to.

The votekick should be brought back. Maybe with rules, and I am glad to suggest a few:
- Maybe donators only can votekick to reduce the troll amount with it.
- Maybe only 1 votekick a game
- Maybe you must "specify" a reason and if it's false, you are breaking another rule.

3 suggests for free, there ya go.
Again, I am not triggered fast or whatever. But this isn't just something in 1 match. This isn't just something from 1 day. This is 24/7. People are quitting Tower Defence because people are getting pisted off because of those people.

I don't want anything with a whitelist, I don't want them "completely" gone. I want the votekick back, it was a good option if someone was really just trolling and messing around.

Last edited:

Luukk

Nov 20, 2015
A tower in TowerDefence
I actually got annoyed by watching that video ;C
Yeah, these suggestions should be definitely implemented again. This would so much improve the game for the more experienced players.

Matarandar

Mar 24, 2015
I actually got annoyed by watching that video ;C
Yeah, these suggestions should be definitely implemented again. This would so much improve the game for the more experienced players.
Sometimes I get the idea they just wanna remove this game, waiting for it to die. Because everyone see's it is dying and the players are starting to be more annoying and annoying with the day. jez

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I really understand your frustrations, believe me I do! I would like to have votekick back but we have better solutions. You can only place towers in the right spot. 3x3 can’t be placed on 5x5 slots. And 3x3 can’t be placed on 2 or more separate 3x3 slots. This would solve a lot of your problems. Only the ‘mage trolling’ but I think this isn’t that much of a problem, since everyone can upgrade the mage tower and they can be fairly good. Votekick trolls from parties woulD be a problem. And giving a reason wouldn’t work, you can’t check if that reason is real. So making towers only place in the right slot seems a better solution!

Reactions: 2pancakes

Matarandar

Mar 24, 2015
I really understand your frustrations, believe me I do! I would like to have votekick back but we have better solutions. You can only place towers in the right spot. 3x3 can’t be placed on 5x5 slots. And 3x3 can’t be placed on 2 or more separate 3x3 slots. This would solve a lot of your problems. Only the ‘mage trolling’ but I think this isn’t that much of a problem, since everyone can upgrade the mage tower and they can be fairly good. Votekick trolls from parties woulD be a problem. And giving a reason wouldn’t work, you can’t check if that reason is real. So making towers only place in the right slot seems a better solution!
not gonna stop those kids from not listening and placing dumb towers like artillery everywhere xd

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
No doubt that Tower Defense needs this. It’s been a problem for awhile. Now that the Anti-cheat is currently being improved by Cubecraft’s newfound developer team members they might get to it. One less thing the server has to worry about now.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
/votekick sadly is not the solution. Imagine if they added votekick to the other gamemodes, so players could ban "hackers". It just doesn't work and it was and will absolutely be abused.

- Maybe you must "specify" a reason and if it's false, you are breaking another rule.

I don't find that fair towards the people that like to play without a rank. And it would only solve the issue for some players and not always.

The more reasonable solution is that Cubecraft gives this gamemode a sorely needed quality of life update. Make it impossible for people to grief as easy as it is to grief right now.

Solutions:
  • make towers snap to the grid;
  • give players a max of low level towers they can place;
  • make it so that everyone on the team can choose a path for the towers.
Those are just 3 ideas that would make the game much better in my opinion, without giving players a tool they can easily abuse.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Hello there!

A long time ago, we had a good time on Tower Defence. Giants were op at that time, and trollers just got kicked out of the game. Well times have changed, and as you can see at the title, I don't really care about the giants.

It's about the votekick that got removed, probarly because people were crying about it after they are not listening, misplacing towers, just doing things to annoy others, spam, etc.
Ofcourse I can understand that there were some groups trollkicking, but this, those days, are just nonsense.

It almost looks like people are damn botting on tower defence, just joining and placing random towers to annoy the hell out of the other, and never are typing a thing.
And I do not get triggered that fast, but I cannot even make a report of one of them for trolling because my account has been blocked for doing that, on my main forum account after making several reports of players breaking the rules.

The votekick should be brought back, it doesn't matter if you add rules like "troll votekicking isn't allowed" or "must specificy reason".
Thats all fine, if you ask me votekicking as a troll is annoying either.
But you know what I do see and do every 10 matches before I get 1 good match without trollers?

You think this is all? Well I decided to make a "little short compilation" about what I get in 1 single day.

Note: Reporting players, it should depend if it is bannable. If you ask me, trolling like this is included in the rule that trolling is not allowed.

Every "real" Tower Defence player knows what this problem is, its annoying, its actually demotivating to play and the reason why this game can die soon.

I warn them. I spam them. I do everything to try to win, or at least let us win or givingt hem tips. But 9 out of the 10 matches I just lose because people are just trolling and not listening without knowing the game.
No, its not "minding their own business". No, its not "trying to learn the game". They aren't trying to listen to people. They just ignore you completely. They are just trolling, and I am not even allowed to report them for trolling. And even if I was allowed to.

The votekick should be brought back. Maybe with rules, and I am glad to suggest a few:

3 suggests for free, there ya go.
Again, I am not triggered fast or whatever. But this isn't just something in 1 match. This isn't just something from 1 day. This is 24/7. People are quitting Tower Defence because people are getting pisted off because of those people.

I don't want anything with a whitelist, I don't want them "completely" gone. I want the votekick back, it was a good option if someone was really just trolling and messing around.
I completely agree, because of this I completely stopped playing tower defense. Its a shame because it is one of the best and most unique games on Cubecraft but the trollers are not being punished and the game has turned into a mini version of hypixel. Votekick was such a good feature because this is the one game that one person can instantly ruin a game for 6+ others. I vote 100x YES to bringing vote kick back. If this happens I might consider playing the game again.

2pancakes

Dedicated Member
May 15, 2016
The Nether (lands)
The vote kick command might be abused if implemented. So this idea would fix the problem :P

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
but this wouldn't fix the "place lvl 1 archer towers on every 3x3 slot in the game" problem
This can be fixed by needing to choose a path when placing a tower! So that everyone can upgrade all towers at all times.

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

TechnoAtomic

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2020
I'll have to give this a -1. New players need a way to practice without experienced players vote kicking them. I recommend making a notification whether you place a tower off-center, and allows them to fix it.

FloLoFlo

Mar 31, 2020
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Although I totally see your point and understand the frustration I am against this feature. As Kazwa already mentioned the risk that the votekick is abuesed is always there. If one is really griefing you can report them, but first of all try to appeal them directly and tell them to stop (I know you did that). Nevertheless it would be nice to have an improvement on how to deal with those. For towers placed by a player who left there is already the opportunity to resell them.
Btw. I haven't had that much griefers in the recent times but that can be luck.

D

Deleted member 489420

I know its not always work but try to teach new players say them what they are doing wrong. About the votekick maybe only rank player could do that or players under 50/75 lvl i am not sure

Edit: if player was kicked they should know the reason why: for example missplacing tower

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Reesle wrote on Magda_Korra's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Real Verbramdt?! 😱
Either way, Welcome (or welcome back) to the Forums!
Reesle wrote on nahumcin's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything, Soul :) Good luck with your future endeavors!
Top Bottom