Do you agree?

• Yes.

• No, (explain why pls).

Results are only viewable after voting.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I'm pretty sure everyone understands that this is about the community, nobody speaks for the community, I don't see your problem here...
No moderators opinions trump any of the communities opinions. As it is there may already be a similar project that would already have this implemented, or not.
It isn't up to the community to make the final decisions. My opinion may be negative, I still voted yes on the poll as I do see it as an interesting suggestion though I do not agree with all its aspects.
My opinion and the fact that the thread should be escalated are seperate. I have escalated threads in the past I didn't agree with but had very interesting ideas in the comments. In this case the only argument for it is "it's fun to know", the suggested area to put this information is already full with stats that represent your progression in the game.

If that's the case then why is my thread still not escalated while it's quite clear that the vast majority across multiple threads by now thinks it's a good idea? As much as i would like to believe that 'no moderators opinions trump any of the communities opinions', i simply kinda you know...Don't.
Sorry but that's just how i feel about this subject.

I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Everyone has something they find interesting, whether you find it as interesting or not.
1 interesting is different from fun
Agreed. I'm glad that some people understand that this section of the forums is about the COMMUNITY and the changes the COMMUNITY wants to see, the last thing we'll want to see is ONE person trying to speak for us all, e.g a moderator who feels his opinions trump all of ours. Now THAT would not be good.
Very good idea nonetheless.
Just because they are a moderator
Doesn’t make their opinion any less valuable
Lezappen used to be a normal player too

The community doesn’t exclude anyone in specific so stop trying to use this as an excuse to further get something added

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Is it a positive thing to know how long you've been on the server?
I personally don't want to be reminded I spent a total of 30+ days of my life doing nothing but cubecraft over three years.

There is already a time spent for game in the statistics. I could just take a calculator, visit every lobby and add up the times for my total play time. Doing this every now and then is just some work which can be reduced by adding one simple thing. Is it that hard to add a formula which adds up all the play times from your games?

I'm pretty sure everyone understands that this is about the community, nobody speaks for the community, I don't see your problem here...

To me it's pretty clear that the biggest part of the community (on the forums) obviously wants this to be added.

My opinion and the fact that the thread should be escalated are seperate. I have escalated threads in the past I didn't agree with but had very interesting ideas in the comments. In this case the only argument for it is "it's fun to know", the suggested area to put this information is already full with stats that represent your progression in the game.

So "it's fun to know" isn't enough reason to add something this simple? There are lots of things added because "it's fun (to know)": Play time per game, blocks placed / walked / broken. The entire level system is "it's fun to know how much progress I have on the server".

I ask you, give a good reason why this thread should NOT escalate, except that you don't want to see it yourself.

Just because they are a moderator
Doesn’t make their opinion any less valuable
Lezappen used to be a normal player too

So 24 'normal players' agree, and 1 'normal player' and 1 used-to-be 'normal player' disagree. Yet this thread isn't even escalated because of the simple reason that the community would like to see a very simple addition.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Unfortunately they are more valuable than others these days.
There are reasons behind not escalating threads that I am not ready to share, I do however leave comments that bring up part of the reasons why I don't feel like it gets escalated.
Thread owners that demand that I escalate their suggestion really make me turn away however.

Is it that hard to add a formula which adds up all the play times from your games?
This formula would mean querying seperate tables for the information, almost constantly for 1000-4000 players daily... I'm not in any position to discuss specifics, but I know that such large queries like that aren't simply a case of adding numbers up.
Which also answers your next question:
I ask you, give a good reason why this thread should NOT escalate, except that you don't want to see it yourself.
So 24 'normal players' agree, and 1 'normal player' and 1 used-to-be 'normal player' disagree. Yet this thread isn't even escalated because of the simple reason that the community would like to see a very simple addition.
You missed the part where I mentioned that cubecraft may also already have projects where this may be included and there is no need to escalate this.

D

Deleted member 100818

There are reasons behind not escalating threads that I am not ready to share, I do however leave comments that bring up part of the reasons why I don't feel like it gets escalated.
Thread owners that demand that I escalate their suggestion really make me turn away however.

I mean, I know you're very active and believe me, I respect that. Unfortunately you guys have like 20 moderators, and only 3-5 are active on the forums (suggestion section). That includes the management members. Wait.. make it 3-4 as Marieke is gone.

Simple question, why are all the other moderators not active at the suggestion section? That certainly makes your job easier, gives you less pressure to react and a it'd be a lot more fun to actually do your job. I mean, I know some people (for example Dai) are inactive because of school etc. But you can't tell me every moderator is Japanese and here since 2013, which are (probably) the 2 reasons why he's still here (luf u Dai). You see, there's a staff member list, you see that there are (I'll count them for you) 26 moderators, more than I expected, no helpers atm, 2 admins and 9 (8 if you don't count CubeCraft) management members. For the management members, I know almost none of them are responding due to their behind the scenes jobs which are exeptions.

But why are only like 5 (maybe 6) moderators, of the 26, looking and responding at suggestions? I'm very, very curious. Because as I said before, you can't tell me they're all inactive due to school, work or because they live in Japan. I kind a miss the actual teamwork, no offense..

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Unfortunately they are more valuable than others these days.
Agreed. Look at that poll, like sheesh, 25 votes vs 1 vote from a moderator...the moderator wins (who doesn't even have a valid point). Ridiculous if you ask me. Let's just hope he doesn't start handing out more forum warnings for voicing our opinions again :/

D

Deleted member 100818

Let's just hope he doesn't start handing out more forum warnings for voicing our opinions again :/
This is called, freedom of speech. He's basically not allowed to, as long as we use proper language and don't call him names it'd be fine.. I think..

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I am not even the thread owner. I also don't demand that you escalate the suggestion, I just demanded a reason why it's not.

This formula would mean querying seperate tables for the information, almost constantly for 1000-4000 players daily... I'm not in any position to discuss specifics, but I know that such large queries like that aren't simply a case of adding numbers up.
Which also answers your next question:

Now we're talking. This isn't a vague reason like 'I personally don't like to see my own play time'. I myself have very little programming knowledge. I see it just like the points/exp thing, the time you play ACTUALLY in game (so not in lobbies) adds up, and after your game (in lobbies) you can see your total play time. After games of skywars you already see the time you played, so that would just be added to the Total play time.
Just like after every game you see your gained points (if you win), and that gets added to the total amount of points.

You missed the part where I mentioned that cubecraft may also already have projects where this may be included and there is no need to escalate this.

As said, I am not sure how much time it takes to code this.
Edit: I read your post wrong, you mean they might have plans to include this in future updates? So basically it is already escalated to the staff before... ;)

I know devs aren't online much, but maybe someone can clarify how this would be calculated or much time it would take to code?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Agreed. Look at that poll, like sheesh, 25 votes vs 1 vote from a moderator...the moderator wins (who doesn't even have a valid point). Ridiculous if you ask me. Let's just hope he doesn't start handing out more forum warnings for voicing our opinions again :/
I am not saying that for this thread specifically
But the amount of times you have said that it Just silly at this point
I made an opinion disagreeing yet you don’t mention anything about me

If lezappen didn’t have mod rank you wouldn’t care
But just due to that doesn’t mean they are just ruining the server by not agreeing

People ask staff to post on their suggestions yet if the staff member states a disliking for the suggestion that doesn’t they are wrong

Also 25 people while at first may seem like a lot
You are talking about a community of over 10k people
So how exactly does that show what the community wants
Just a few specific players who actively play in the grand scheme of things

Besides what does that contribute as an argument?
In a nutshell all you are saying by that is
Sure you don’t like it, but since more votes say yes then no you should just conform?

Doesn’t that just kind of ruin the point of debating?

It is unnecessary, it is in a removed way kind of scapegoating, and it doesn’t help your argument in anyways

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Besides what does that contribute as an argument?
In a nutshell all you are saying by that is
Sure you don’t like it, but since more votes say yes then no you should just conform?
That's how a democracy works, yes. The majority vote wins. Here, there is quite CLEARLY a majority vote for yes.
No offence, but don't you have some threads to be spamming "please report players *here* XD" and "please do not necro post on forums please!" to try to get staff? (Just wondering, my friend).

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
upload_2018-4-14_20-47-42.png

That one vote wasn't from a moderator... I even quoted you the first time, it seems I'm not the only one that can't read...
No moderators opinions trump any of the communities opinions. As it is there may already be a similar project that would already have this implemented, or not.
It isn't up to the community to make the final decisions. My opinion may be negative, I still voted yes on the poll as I do see it as an interesting suggestion though I do not agree with all its aspects.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
This is called, freedom of speech. He's basically not allowed to, as long as we use proper language and don't call him names it'd be fine.. I think..
“As long as we use proper language and don’t call him names it’d be fine”
Doesn’t that go against the narrative of “freedom of speech”

There’s a difference between fire and lava
Just as there is a difference in this case it isn’t censorship
I would continue this

However I have a feeling I will misword something and completely screw up the point I am trying to address
That's how a democracy works, yes. The majority vote wins. Here, there is quite CLEARLY a majority vote for yes.
No offence, but don't you have some threads to be spamming "please report players *here* XD" and "please do not necro post on forums please!" to try to get staff? (Just wondering, my friend).
“That’s not how a democracy works”
You aren’t trying to vote for leader of your country here
It is something to be added to the server
It doesn’t need to fit any rules you are assigning to it

Just because there is a majority vote yes doesn’t have an effect on that
At the end of the day your original post wasn’t going toward Rubik_Cube_Man
Just your normal everyday moderator

It isn’t like Lezappen would Be the one implementing it even if I think was implemented
Also because I am 99% sure you read the first line of my post and just started to reply without reading any more of it
I’ll say it again
25 people is nothing in the grand scheme of things
On a server with 10000+ players why would it matter
It also isn’t like everyone who saw this thread agreed
Most probably just went over it because they really didn’t Care to see it added
So think again who is this majority you are talking about

No offence, but don't you have some threads to be spamming "please report players *here* XD" and "please do not necro post on forums please!" to try to get staff? (Just wondering, my friend
So instead of actually spending your time reading my argument and calmly explaining your counter point you are resorting to insults? Like I said before

You aren’t helping your argument
Now you are just hurting your argument
By resorting to insults it very well seems to imply you don’t think my opinions areas worthy of notice then any other forum user who agrees with it

Just further showing your bias

Oh and by the way I am not interested in becoming helper

Oh and i’ve Only said “xD” unironically about once before

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Also because I am 99% sure you read the first line of my post and just started to reply without reading any more of it
I’ll say it again
25v1 is quite a large majority. Maybe if it was like 10v16 you'd have a case but its quite clear that there is some form of majority.
Yes, there are like 7k active players probably (though this number will probably decrease considering progress takes a lot of time to be made because of people like you, stopping the community's ideas and imagination just so you have a chance of getting helper or something) and 26 players can't represent all of them, but it can give a big indication of what the community wants considering its a 25v1. However, your logic is flawed yet again. It is impossible to get every single active player to vote or voice their opinions here. If we used your ridiculously flawed "logic", NOTHING would get accomplished as you would be complaining "lel guys nuuuu xD 100% of the active players didn't vote :'ccc we cannot add this XD XD" or something.
Please use your common sense next time.

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
He's free to escalate or not escalate what he thinks should be escalated, if you want is escalated that bad go find another mod to escalate it. He's not the only one who can escalate this.

Reactions: Injunction
D

Deleted member 100818

“As long as we use proper language and don’t call him names it’d be fine”
Doesn’t that go against the narrative of “freedom of speech”
In general yes, just as it goes against the forum rules.

There’s a difference between fire and lava
Just as there is a difference in this case it isn’t censorship
I would continue this
There kind a is censorship. If we're swearing, especially to a staff member, we're getting warned and maybe even banned from the forums.

He's free to escalate or not escalate what he thinks should be escalated, if you want is escalated that bad go find another mod to escalate it. He's not the only one who can escalate this.
The whole point of this conversation is to give arguments about why he should actually escalate it. We are trying to make our point clear, so we're not calling for another staff member thank you.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
There kind a is censorship. If we're swearing, especially to a staff member, we're getting warned and maybe even banned from the forums.
What does “There kind a is censorship” supposed to mean?
The whole point of this conversation is to give arguments about why he should actually escalate it. We are trying to make our point clearn, so we're not calling for another staff member thank you.
that is questionable
Reread the replies after lezappen’s at this point

Look what it is turning into
In general yes, just as it goes against the forum rules.
hence my point to call it purely “freedom of speech” is disregarding that
So it isn’t just freedom of speech
25v1 is quite a large majority. Maybe if it was like 10v16 you'd have a case but its quite clear that there is some form of majority.
Yes, there are like 7k active players probably (though this number will probably decrease considering progress takes a lot of time to be made because of people like you, stopping the community's ideas and imagination just so you have a chance of getting helper or something) and 26 players can't represent all of them, but it can give a big indication of what the community wants considering its a 25v1. However, your logic is flawed yet again. It is impossible to get every single active player to vote or voice their opinions here. If we used your ridiculously flawed "logic", NOTHING would get accomplished as you would be complaining "lel guys nuuuu xD 100% of the active players didn't vote :'ccc we cannot add this XD XD" or something.
Please use your common sense next time.
Still don’t seem to understand

Majority on a small scale doesn’t matter
25 people is not even half of 1% of the total community
Maybe if 100 people voted no it would be different
Since that is a much more reasonable sample size to scale up to 10000 people
and as I said many people see a thread and disregard it because they don’t really care to contribute and there are also people who just disregard polls
As lez said he wasn’t the person who used the poll to vote no
So no it isn’t 25v1

For all you know there may be a majority of people which don’t like this but they can’t be bothered to explain why so they just don’t vote at all

At the end of the day you will survive whether or not this is added so to just criticize people who don’t share an opinion on something that really won’t effect your games so you are being awfully rude about it

Maybe if this suggestion was for a change in something more major such as to change punishment tracks your actions would Ben justified
But it isn’t

What do you expect to gain from just criticizing people? Does it cause you to experience the illusion of control and power over others? Does it help you assert your dominance?
Or do you have no reason other then doing it to feel self-pride

I am not asking you to like me
If everything I say is wrong then why aren’t you just ignoring me
If in your mind I am an irrelevant 4 year old who picks his nose for fun than why even try and argue
But one thing I do ask of you is for you too keep an open mind before screaming at people who don’t share an opinion on with you

At this point you are just scapegoating staff members for not adding something you want
It

Not to mention the difference between

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Now we're talking. This isn't a vague reason like 'I personally don't like to see my own play time'. I myself have very little programming knowledge. I see it just like the points/exp thing, the time you play ACTUALLY in game (so not in lobbies) adds up, and after your game (in lobbies) you can see your total play time. After games of skywars you already see the time you played, so that would just be added to the Total play time.
Just like after every game you see your gained points (if you win), and that gets added to the total amount of points.

No reaction to the possible setup of the actual suggestion?
Just correct me if I am wrong about this ;)

D

Deleted member 100818

It isn’t like Lezappen would Be the one implementing it even if I think was implemented
I’ll say it again
So you're saying 25 people is a too low amount of people, question: Have you ever seen a requirement of people needed to implement a suggestion? Don't think so.

"It isn’t like Lezappen would Be the one implementing it even if I think was implemented" He's the one who is able to escalate it, which means it has a much higher chance of getting implemented, as it'll be discussed with the whole staff team, especially the people who're able to actually get it implemented.

“That’s not how a democracy works”
You aren’t trying to vote for leader of your country here
It is something to be added to the server
It doesn’t need to fit any rules you are assigning to it
The fact that you can only think of some American "vote for president" concept already proofs you're not aware of what democracy means at all. If you do, you should know it's not only for voting for Trump or something, it's something more general than you may think it is. Here's the wikipedia explanation if you'd like:

Democracy is a system of processing conflicts in which outcomes depend on what participants do, but no single force controls what occurs and its outcomes. Doesn't really seem like a president campain does it?

What does “There kind a is censorship” supposed to mean?

hence my point to call it purely “freedom of speech” is disregarding that
So it isn’t just freedom of speech
It litterally is, but you have to follow the forum rules. The same goes for calling an officer a piece of shit, you think that's just normal and unpunishable? Freedom of speach means you're allowed to say anything you want, without getting punished for it, offending however may result in a punishment, especially on a forum. What would you call it then? "Freedom of forum speach"?

that is questionable
Reread the replies after lezappen’s at this point

Look what it is turning into
Maybe that's because he's one of the 4-6 active moderators replying on suggestions, of the 26 moderators out there. So I don't blame them actually.

Majority on a small scale doesn’t matter
25 people is not even half of 1% of the total community
25 however is at least 60% of the active community which rreplies to these kinds of threads.

Maybe if 100 people voted no it would be different
Since that is a much more reasonable sample size to scale up to 10000 people
and as I said many people see a thread and disregard it because they don’t really care to contribute and there are also people who just disregard polls
As lez said he wasn’t the person who used the poll to vote no
So no it isn’t 25v1
So in your "logical sense", the vote poll is useless, and will only be useful when at least 100 members are voting. That's not true nor reasonable.

Maybe if this suggestion was for a change in something more major such as to change punishment tracks your actions would Ben justified
But it isn’t
It's indeed not as important as other things. This is just calculation, java is a great calculator and this could be done in notime. I might not be a developer here, but I do know this is just calculating your game time, counting the specific game time we already have together. You can't tell me that'd take weeks.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Basketman wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow 💛
SpringWarz wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom