Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

deathspawn

Nov 6, 2016
deathspawn.net
How many of those were made by a minecraft server before CCG?
Couldn't tell you. But CCG doesn't have any grounds for ownership of the tower defense genre.

In fact, CCG is the only minecraft server with such a game buddy.
False. Google Minecraft Tower Defense servers. Not going to link to any, but I played on one that is 1.8. There is even a blocks vs zombies plugin. Still, haven't seen any made as good as CCG, so I'll give them that.

Either way, you completely missed my point. The point is, it doesn't matter if the genre is repeated in another form. As long as the design is unique.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Couldn't tell you. But CCG doesn't have any grounds for ownership of the tower defense genre.

False. Google Minecraft Tower Defense servers. Not going to link to any, but I played on one that is 1.8. There is even a blocks vs zombies plugin. Still, haven't seen any made as good as CCG, so I'll give them that.

Either way, you completely missed my point. The point is, it doesn't matter if the genre is repeated in another form. As long as the design is unique.
Plz.
Nearly all games are similar to another game.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Wow. I don't even know.. Well, I'm curious. Why did you make this thread? What encouraged you to make this thread? I'm not going to ask for a staff lock because staff have seen this.. This, is, awkward..

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
But! That's is no problem since everyone is free to steal ideas from othee people's servers and promote them as their own, yeah that may be bad but it's not ilegal!
there is really nothing wrong with having other games
like spleef is a very largely known minigame and many servers have it that isn't wrong people enjoy the games and with my example spleef is a classic game
you making this thread has no indication of anything
how do you know Cubecraft didn't invent TNT run
this thread is a hole in the wall your not going to fix it you are just going to cover it up with a s picture
servers have a mutual relationship over games

Reactions: 1212hawks_

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
r

what if u read the thread instead of being edgy
I read it.. I meant that like did you mean to cause some trouble? Yes. Cubecraft lies to us but, it's a little odd to make a post like this. Every server has some unoriginal games. It isn't right to claim that they're original. Could you provide some evidence? Also, like some people said above, it's fine to have unoriginal games that are fun. :P Also, making a thread like this isn't going to help.. Just causing trouble honestly

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
When community members (like myself) say that an idea isn't original, we say it because we think that CubeCraft is original.

When we say that CubeCraft is original, we know that everything is not completely built from scratch by CubeCraft. What we mean, is that CubeCraft will sometimes find ideas, and add their own finishing touches.

When people suggest things like a party system, people say "That isn't original". This is because it's completely copied. If someone was to suggest something similar to a party system, and that has small changes, in my opinion I would say that it would receive a lot more positive comments.

In conclusion to my above paragraphs, CubeCraft is original. Although some of the games on our server are similar, they have special things that make them unique to CubeCraft.

I would also like to say, that unless you want to suggest some actual ideas, then I don't see the point of this thread. All it will do is aggravate people. I hope you keep this in mind for the next thread which you make.

Reactions: Nikboo

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
When we say that CubeCraft is original, we know that everything is not completely built from scratch by CubeCraft. What we mean, is that CubeCraft will sometimes find ideas, and add their own finishing touches.
1gofl2.jpg

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I would also like to say, that unless you want to suggest some actual ideas, then I don't see the point of this thread. All it will do is aggravate people. I hope you keep this in mind for the next thread which you make.
Telling Guard what he should concider things before making a thread...
You made a big mistake...

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
This Entire Thread Is Redundant Because
If The Game Is Used Throughout Servers That Doesn't Mean It Is Copied At All
Maps Change The Feeling Of The Game Completely They Pretty Much Change How The Game Works Too
That Being Said There Are No Copied Maps On Cubecraft
So There Is No Copied Games Really At All

guardd

Forum Expert
Dec 14, 2014
Somewhere in Hungary
Ok, thanks for letting us know!

What's the point of this thread?
You're obviously getting a lot of support for your comment but not because it's smart but because of your rank.

The point of this thread is to simply stop ignoring suggestions because thry are on other servers, simply as that and you would know it if you had read it. Now you can think I created this thread to " make people mad " or create drama but that's untrue. The point actually was to create less drama but obviously since it's me there has to always be some drama involver, am I right? :^)

Reactions: Ping Ether

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Looks like Bedwars actually came out first.

TBH I'm perfectly fine with that, I don't get why so many people get their cubes in a twist to defend the idea that eggwars is original...
Nothing is original anymore to be honest, we're a Minecraft server, the most oversaturated game community, I don't really see why people race to claim games as original...
For me, it's not really the games that matter. It's how they're played and by WHO they're played.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
You're obviously getting a lot of support for your comment but not because it's smart but because of your rank.

The point of this thread is to simply stop ignoring suggestions because thry are on other servers, simply as that and you would know it if you had read it. Now you can think I created this thread to " make people mad " or create drama but that's untrue. The point actually was to create less drama but obviously since it's me there has to always be some drama involver, am I right? :^)
How in any way would this create less drama? I do not understand. Everyone was fine before you made this thread..

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
How in any way would this create less drama? I do not understand. Everyone was fine before you made this thread..
When an actually good game suggestion comes by, there's always a guy commenting like "DUH THIS IS COPIED LOCK PLS @MOD/HELPER"
And this thread clearly shows how CubeCraft isn't completely original itself.

I support Guard. He has made a good point... So many people completely DEVASTATE some game suggestions because it looks even the slightest like another game from another server... And Cubecraft in more than one occasion did something non-original... Nobody can be completely original...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom