Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

So?

• Yes, base amount of EXP on the elements mentioned in the thread!

• No, keep it as it is now, because I like being AFK to get free rewards!

• I'm not too sure, im just typing this because I want to see how long a poll can be. this is long woo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hey

I join a 10vs10 Eggwars map, and within ten seconds, a party consisting out of somewhat ten players joins, to farm wins and EXP

---

It's literally so easy, just join a 10vs10 map, and you'll probably come across one of those parties. They're endlessly playing 10vs10 maps, because obviously you get free wins

I got in touch with some of these "tryharders" more recently, and they actually manage to get an astonishing 100 wins a day
But that's not really my main issue here, the issue is that most of the time, they carry 1 or 2 AFK players with them, who then also receive the wins, and the EXP

---

The amount of EXP you get shouldn't depend on what game you play, it should depend on following elements

- Kills (in Eggwars only eliminations would count)
- Assists
- Duration of the game
- Not being AFK (in general)
- Game specific elements (such as flags captured in Blockwars, eggs broken in Eggwars, ..)

It should be like Tower Defence

Although, I do understand camping will be a huge problem with the addition of duration of the game, I'd say make some kind of limit
If a game would take longer than 30 minutes, the the max amount of EXP you're able to receive is reached

For every kill that you make, you should get + 5 EXP at the end of the game (regular kills don't count in Eggwars)

---

I'm sure lots of tryharders will disagree here, but honestly I can join a tryhard party, go AFK all night and have another 100 wins (and that would lead to an astonishing 25.000 EXP over night, which at this point would make me level up twice(!!!))

---

Thanks for reading
- ZoonTijd

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
The AFK-exp farmers are one of the main reasons I hate nowadays EggWars and have quit playing it.
- Kills (in Eggwars only eliminations would count)
- Assists
- Duration of the game
- Not being AFK (in general)
- Game specific elements (such as flags captured in Blockwars, eggs broken in Eggwars, ..)
I certainly agree with this. People that win games that are half an hour long and get 30 kills and 6 eggs (example) obviously deserve more exp than people that win after 2 minutes while standing still.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
To be completely honest here, they're nothing but playing the game. They are not violating any rules; they're just playing lots of Eggwars games with each other. And about players being AFK, I don't think there's a proper solution to stop that. They maybe shouldn't get the exp, but I don't think exp is that important. They can't really do anything with their levels. It's just like trapping players in their spawn point; it's a strategy/a clever way to do something. In this case, they just fill a party and play the 10 player maps over and over again. See: if that's what they want to do, fine. If players want to stand AFK every time, alright, fine. There's nothing you can do with the exp as I stated earlier. So after all, I think they should keep it like this. It doesn't really add anything to the game and I'm cool with the players just playing the game, although some are AFK.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I don’t think there is too much of a problem with grinding wins if that is what you want to spend your time doing. But I do think afk win farming should be prevented/punished. It’s basically the same as multiaccounting, except it’s a friend’s account and not yours, and they are gaining free wins and xp.

With that said, I wouldn’t mind a change to how xp is earned. I believe I suggested a base line amount of like 150 xp for a win and 10 xp per lose. Then what you do in the game adds upon that. This way newer players can still get decent amounts of xp, but there is a reward for getting better other than just winning. This also is basically a way to reward those who last longer in the game since they are also able to gain those in game bonuses.
5 xp per final kill
6 xp per egg broken
10 xp for keeping your egg alive
10 xp for not dying (maybe? This would strictly be for winner obviously, but it’s a reward for being good enough to not die once)
(I don’t think time should be factored in at all because that is just encouragement to prolong the game a certain amount)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I see where you are coming from but there are a few things I want to hit on first
If the intention is to decrease this sort of behaviour by discouraging it so for This to be considered confuses me
- Duration of the game
If in fact I was accurate with the intention then the only way this could help the intention is by rewarding more exp for a game that lasts longer
However while being somewhat of a solution to the problem
it just causes more problems

It just encourages camping and hiding the entire game in games like eggwars or skywars
and would be pointless to consider in blockwars and other games set on a maximum timer

Though you acknowledge this and add a cap to it
that doesn't really matter as the problem still lies
it encourages people to do this for more exp even if there is a cap to it

I agree with the notion but not with the methods to achieve it

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
CubeCraft is not filled with good players only. There are players who try to be active in the game and to help out their team, but sometimes they may not take kills, and eggs even if they give their best. If your suggestion gets added, they will recieve less experience just because the good players usually take all kills and eggs first. Sorry, I don't support this.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
To be completely honest here, they're nothing but playing the game. They are not violating any rules; they're just playing lots of Eggwars games with each other. And about players being AFK, I don't think there's a proper solution to stop that. They maybe shouldn't get the exp, but I don't think exp is that important. They can't really do anything with their levels. It's just like trapping players in their spawn point; it's a strategy/a clever way to do something. In this case, they just fill a party and play the 10 player maps over and over again. See: if that's what they want to do, fine. If players want to stand AFK every time, alright, fine. There's nothing you can do with the exp as I stated earlier. So after all, I think they should keep it like this. It doesn't really add anything to the game and I'm cool with the players just playing the game, although some are AFK.
Now all of a sudden you agree that trapping players in their spawn is a strategy, while you suggested different spawn points the same day: today

And levels are actually a pretty neat statistic, it's not only about the EXP by the way. I also mentioned the wins multiple times,
Some of the tryharders actually work to get the top, they just work together, like the leaderboard players I'd say, I just joined their parties and got 600 free Team Eggwars wins, by literally doing nothing; my task was to flawlessly speedbuild to the middle, and to continue to the enemies afterwards

Okay, you just admit that you're ok with people farming wins while they're AFK, which is absolutely not ok?

It doesn't really add anything to the game and I'm cool with the players just playing the game, although some are AFK.
It's not about if it adds anything to the game or not, it is to prevent players like me to get 600 free wins, equivalent to 150.000 EXP, and thatt amount of EXP makes me level up around 8(!!!) times, without doing a single thing but building to the middle :)

I agree Mr. 20 levels in 2 months.
ily dad

It just encourages camping and hiding the entire game in games like eggwars or skywars
and would be pointless to consider in blockwars and other games set on a maximum timer
I discussed this in the thread, though you're right about Blockwars
Maybe it'd be like if you manage to not let your flag getting captured three times before the overtime, you get +10 EXP at the end of the game, and if you're able to survive overtime (doesn't matter if the other team wins with <2 captures or not), you'd also get another +10 EXP

I don’t think there is too much of a problem with grinding wins if that is what you want to spend your time doing. But I do think afk win farming should be prevented/punished. It’s basically the same as multiaccounting, except it’s a friend’s account and not yours, and they are gaining free wins and xp.

With that said, I wouldn’t mind a change to how xp is earned. I believe I suggested a base line amount of like 150 xp for a win and 10 xp per lose. Then what you do in the game adds upon that. This way newer players can still get decent amounts of xp, but there is a reward for getting better other than just winning. This also is basically a way to reward those who last longer in the game since they are also able to gain those in game bonuses.
5 xp per final kill
6 xp per egg broken
10 xp for keeping your egg alive
10 xp for not dying (maybe? This would strictly be for winner obviously, but it’s a reward for being good enough to not die once)
(I don’t think time should be factored in at all because that is just encouragement to prolong the game a certain amount)
Agree with this
I remember someone just playing the game and all of a sudden he/she stopped, he/she stood still, turns out they fell asleep and so he/she stayed AFK all night in the party

Should be bit more EXP for not dying though, especially in maps that are not Mansion or Rome, what about 25 EXP? I mean, not dying is a pretty hard thing to ask. It is for me, personally :p

Okay, let's not give players 6 EXP, it triggers me because it's a.. weird number
I agree that 10 EXP would be too much, especially in maps like Forest (Normal Eggwars) where there are 5 eggs to break
Though on the other hand, you'll only get the EXP of the eggs you broke if you stay until the end of the game, that'd heavily discourage people breaking some eggs and leaving straight after

The rest of the rewards you suggested sound great to me

CubeCraft is not filled with good players only. There are players who try to be active in the game and to help out their team, but sometimes they may not take kills, and eggs even if they give their best. If your suggestion gets added, they will recieve less experience just because the good players usually take all kills and eggs first. Sorry, I don't support this.
The amount of EXP you get would also be based of assists and not being AFK in general

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Okay, let's not give players 6 EXP, it triggers me because it's a.. weird number
I agree that 10 EXP would be too much, especially in maps like Forest (Normal Eggwars) where there are 5 eggs to break
Though on the other hand, you'll only get the EXP of the eggs you broke if you stay until the end of the game, that'd heavily discourage people breaking some eggs and leaving straight after
I said 6 cause that is how many points you got for an egg so I thought it could match. Too bad we can’t do 7.5 xp :p
I was thinking there would be an end of game round summary (as I believe people have suggested in the past for kills and stuff). This would show how many final kills you got, then your xp earned from that, then eggs, and whatever other bonuses are decided. And then finally your total from that game. That way you can see exactly what all you did, and then new players can see where all xp is earned from since it shows all possible forms of earning it by ingame actions so they know there is a reward for doing well.

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I said 6 cause that is how many points you got for an egg so I thought it could match. Too bad we can’t do 7.5 xp :p
I was thinking there would be an end of game round summary (as I believe people have suggested in the past for kills and stuff). This would show how many final kills you got, then your xp earned from that, then eggs, and whatever other bonuses are decided. And then finally your total from that game. That way you can see exactly what all you did, and then new players can see where all xp is earned from since it shows all possible forms of earning it by ingame actions so they know there is a reward for doing well.
Was also thinking of 7.5 xd
Yes, I was actually thinking of suggesting something like that, it should be the same as in Skywars for example

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Now all of a sudden you agree that trapping players in their spawn is a strategy, while you suggested different spawn points the same day: today

And levels are actually a pretty neat statistic, it's not only about the EXP by the way. I also mentioned the wins multiple times,
Some of the tryharders actually work to get the top, they just work together, like the leaderboard players I'd say, I just joined their parties and got 600 free Team Eggwars wins, by literally doing nothing; my task was to flawlessly speedbuild to the middle, and to continue to the enemies afterwards

Okay, you just admit that you're ok with people farming wins while they're AFK, which is absolutely not ok?
Already asked if it could get removed, didn’t use my brain while creating the thread.
Well, a high level looks neat, but what does it do? Also, there’s nothing wrong with players going into a party trying to get on a leaderboard. But that’s my view on it.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I'd definitely agree if there was a competitive mode (Long Overdue to be honest). But for EggWars right now, I don't think this is that big of a deal for the majority of players.

This system would definitely give a fairer reward.
? Also, there’s nothing wrong with players going into a party trying to get on a leaderboard
Completely true statement.

If a game would take longer than 30 minutes, the the max amount of EXP you're able to receive is reached
A number around the 500's or 1000's would be suitable for an hour game. If the game took longer than an hour (i.e 60 minutes) the exp would reach it's maximum limit. But, you still need to win to get that exp.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
Top Bottom