Status
Not open for further replies.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-eggwars-update.207486/page-2#post-995451
@FluffyRoses

So I've got a number of problems with this.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/
  • Trolling on the forums is not allowed. Taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another forums user is strictly prohibited. This could be by what you post, your username, signature etc.
1. Calling someone out for not giving an argument is not bullying.
2. Discussing someone's counter-argument (even if there technically isn't one) isn't off-topic.
3. My comment and @CookieBoy368 's comment described @_The13thDoctor_ in a different way, that isn't bullying either.
4. If you decide to delete our comments but not @_The13thDoctor_ , you're choosing one side of the argument and are not staying neutral.
https://www.google.nl/search?q=bullying+definition
use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something.
5. Using the forums definition of bullying,
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/
  • Trolling on the forums is not allowed. Taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another forums user is strictly prohibited. This could be by what you post, your username, signature etc.
@_The13thDoctor_ can be called out for bullying as well, considering her comment with just "No, I don't like this and I'm not gonna explain why" clearly annoyed and upset the thread owner, which was visible in a comment @FluffyRoses deleted.
6. Even if all above mentioned points aren't valid (which they are), it still doesn't give a valid reason for locking the thread, considering the "bullying" and "off-topic" parts of the comments could just be deleted to keep the actual thread going.

Locking the thread because someone can't come up with an argument and has to seek (invalid) help from the rules is extremely disrespectful to @FartiliciousSwoleMan who put a lot of time and effort in his thread, and I expect @FluffyRoses to act better than this.

L

Lightning McQueen

Btw the original message was “locked as requested” idk y that was changed.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I do agree that sometimes the staff can be unfair for annoying reason, sadly I wasn’t able to make it to see the deleted messages, but I do see what you mean. The conversation doesn’t seem off topic, a little bullying, but we have all had jerky people in the past (unless you’re one of those staff member campers and hang out with staff all the time you probably don’t have any jerky people) and they could range from not noticed much, to it is obvious that the person is bullying someone else. In the thread, I read a few comments, and didn’t see much bullying, but _The13thDoctor_’s comment did fall under the definition, but that’s just how people are on the forums. I say it seemed like sass, (never attempted to spell it, don’t judge)
or just a common person on the forums because if what she did was bullying, then there are a lot of bullys on here, including a few staff, and they know who they are. So I think it might be a sass and bully-ish combo, but what do I know. It’s nice to see people on the forums care about other people.

FluffyRoses

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2013
Hello, the bullying I saw went farther then calling someone out for not giving their reasoning behind their opinion. It went into going off-topic, and yes it was off-topic. The definition of off-topic is 'not relevant to the subject under discussion.' you calling someone out for not giving their reasoning=/=new ideas for eggwars.

The comments that you along with cookie were targeted, even if not directly mentioning, towards doctor. I will gladly go back and delete hers as I deleted everything/edited those that were off topic and/or bullying/harassment.

Her sole purpose for not giving her reasoning is sometimes you don't have reasoning, you just don't like something, and this is reasonable. This is not an excuse to get rude and offensive towards her for not wanting to share it, most the stuff that was said to her was worse that anything she could have said to you. In fact I did delete some of her messages along with editing and deleting yours too so don't feel this was aimed towards just you.

I locked the thread due to the owner ending it in a rage and posting images that are not appropriate to our guidelines. Image is attached as a link, be aware that it has swearing so if you feel you should't be seeing it don't open the spoiler ^-^
Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 15.29.52.png

Also, the locked message was my mistake, it was early in the morning and I do understand this was no excuse, however, I had originally thought it was doctors thread and was going to close it regardless as it was getting extremely out of hand, I edited once I realized the proper reason.

To avoid further conflict between the people involved I have personally asked doctor to avoid all interactions with you and I hope that you can do the same.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I see the thread's been locked, but I'm going put my two cents here anyway.

OP got a response from management and myself. We both felt it was a bad idea with some pretty big fundamental flaws. For example, it'll be a pain for staff to handle teaming reports in a game where certain teams are allowed to team. It'll also divide the eggwars playerbase even further, making it more difficult for games to start. The idea wasn't even very popular, the original post only getting about 10 likes. We're not going to add something to our most popular game unless it's a super popular idea that is generally liked and doesn't impact the core game too much.

So instead of accepting that the game idea isn't perfect, he just argues and continues to insist we have no valid arguments, despite literally giving him several valid arguments. Management already said it's not going to be added, so that's usually where a suggestion thread dies. The poster of this thread takes it further, however, by posting inappropriate images and making rude remarks to anyone who isn't in his echo chamber of approval. One of his quotes was "I'm fed up with all these people like you on cubes forums giving me such stupid, cringeworthy, useless and dumb responses." He then goes on to tell the person to just stop posting. This is not ok. This is bullying. If you disagree with someone's ideas, you don't call them stupid, cringeworthy, useless, and dumb. I disagree with the original poster's idea. Does that make it stupid, cringeworthy, useless, and dumb? No, obviously not. It's a neat idea, but it has a lot of flaws.

So to recap, there's plenty of reasons to lock this thread. They got their answer from management, they used it as a platform to insult and harass another member of the community, the idea is basically a repost of an older thread, AND they derailed it. I don't think a thread has ever been more deserving of a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom