Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The game needs to balance some features, some items are nearly useless yet some are godly. I will mostly be looking at prices rather than removing or adding features. I won't talk about punch bow because it is far too controversial.

Armor pricing, I will talk more in depth about iron and chain but as a whole armor all costing the same is a bit odd. I think armor should have a price per piece that has to do with how many more armor bars you get compared to the previous tier.
Leather would be same just 2 iron for chest piece (cp). Chain would change boots to 5 gold and legs and cp to 15 each and helm stays same. Iron, cp to 10 diamonds no other changes. Diamond should change the cp to 48 because more durability and more armor bars.

Obsidian, this might sound a bit strange but I think obi should cost diamonds. I would say anywhere from 3-5 each. This makes it so you have to go mid to get it and you can't just sit on your island for it. I think that adding something in it's place would be a good idea, I propose endstone for 5 gold a piece.

Mid gets stronger as time goes on. Mid is so broken at the moment, you can get full iron 2 minutes into the game. Not even joking. I can record a video of me doing it if you would like. While the game was intended to be a fight over mid. All someone needs is 5 diamonds then they can turn on their gen. So while everyone does need to get diamonds, they only need a small portion and all at different times. My solution to this is either making diamonds value decrease by 2x or setting upgrade time schedule. In the first 5 minutes no upgrading generators should be allowed, after another 5 then everyone can upgrade 0s to 1s, next 1 to 2 etc. So only after 15 mins can people have lvl 3 generators.

Tnt needs a buff, what do people use it for? Tnt cannons, only for camping. Breaking armor, pretty expensive for that, that's all I can think of, I think it would be cool if it was more useful for breaking eggs, maybe enough could break some obi. Another solution would be to make it do more knock back so people went flying, this could be used for tnt jumping or cool traps, at the moment every game that ends in wars makes the punch bow or knock back weapons overpowered (forgot about block wars lol) why not make tnt a viable solution to putting people in the void.

Sharp 5 diamond sword, I simply think it should only cost 32, 64 is pretty expensive in my opinion. It would encourage more people to melee.

Not all of the ideas are amazing, but tell me what you think, polls are good but only for 2 sided arguments.

P.s. how do I change my forums name. Putting a link to where I can learn would help.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I love how I wrote a 7 paragraph thread and got 1 reply however a lot of people make idiotic threads which are 2 sentences long and get 20+

Reactions: A pigeon

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
This is amazing, almost every one of your points are viable. I agree with the sharp 5 being 32 diamonds. I think they should either then add a sharp 8 sword (like the pic) to contradict the dia armour or take the armour out alltogether. Making all dia armour pieces cost 64 would also work. That obsidian idea is interesting, but then there would be very little use to the gold gen, I still wouldn't mind seeing that happen. I do like the upgrade-your-self type gens however. I agree that the armour needs to be balanced, but I think it would be too confusing when doing the math in your head about what you're going to buy from the villager if every type piece costs something different. I'd say all leather to cost 5, chain 15, iron 10, diamond 64. ~ btw this reply is assuming it's op because the majority of games played are op.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
This is amazing, almost every one of your points are viable. I agree with the sharp 5 being 32 diamonds. I think they should either then add a sharp 8 sword (like the pic) to contradict the dia armour or take the armour out alltogether. Making all dia armour pieces cost 64 would also work. That obsidian idea is interesting, but then there would be very little use to the gold gen, I still wouldn't mind seeing that happen. I do like the upgrade-your-self type gens however. I agree that the armour needs to be balanced, but I think it would be too confusing when doing the math in your head about what you're going to buy from the villager if every type piece costs something different. I'd say all leather to cost 5, chain 15, iron 10, diamond 64. ~ btw this reply is assuming it's op because the majority of games played are op.
No I was thinking normal. Clearly diamond armor isn't in normal without emeralds so things like that will be in op. Gold is still valuable, apples, arrows, tnt and chests. Not to mention chain and iron swords.

Another thing I would like to add, nerfing apples, atm they are very cheap and are spqmmed way too much it's been discussed before but I think they should cost 5x as much. Not in hardcore however. This will limit chugging ALOT.

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
No I was thinking normal. Clearly diamond armor isn't in normal without emeralds so things like that will be in op. Gold is still valuable, apples, arrows, tnt and chests. Not to mention chain and iron swords.

Another thing I would like to add, nerfing apples, atm they are very cheap and are spqmmed way too much it's been discussed before but I think they should cost 5x as much. Not in hardcore however. This will limit chugging ALOT.
Yeah I see what you're saying there, they nerfed them very well in Speed Eggwars... the thing is nobody plays speed eggwars so its not fair, id love if they nerfed them on normal too. I guess you're right about the gold gen being useful still, I know in some of my squads we have someone who always obbys the egg, so I'd be a bit screwed and am biased towards keeping the egg obby gold.

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
The game needs to balance some features, some items are nearly useless yet some are godly. I will mostly be looking at prices rather than removing or adding features. I won't talk about punch bow because it is far too controversial.

Armor pricing, I will talk more in depth about iron and chain but as a whole armor all costing the same is a bit odd. I think armor should have a price per piece that has to do with how many more armor bars you get compared to the previous tier.
Leather would be same just 2 iron for chest piece (cp). Chain would change boots to 5 gold and legs and cp to 15 each and helm stays same. Iron, cp to 10 diamonds no other changes. Diamond should change the cp to 48 because more durability and more armor bars.

Obsidian, this might sound a bit strange but I think obi should cost diamonds. I would say anywhere from 3-5 each. This makes it so you have to go mid to get it and you can't just sit on your island for it. I think that adding something in it's place would be a good idea, I propose endstone for 5 gold a piece.

Mid gets stronger as time goes on. Mid is so broken at the moment, you can get full iron 2 minutes into the game. Not even joking. I can record a video of me doing it if you would like. While the game was intended to be a fight over mid. All someone needs is 5 diamonds then they can turn on their gen. So while everyone does need to get diamonds, they only need a small portion and all at different times. My solution to this is either making diamonds value decrease by 2x or setting upgrade time schedule. In the first 5 minutes no upgrading generators should be allowed, after another 5 then everyone can upgrade 0s to 1s, next 1 to 2 etc. So only after 15 mins can people have lvl 3 generators.

Tnt needs a buff, what do people use it for? Tnt cannons, only for camping. Breaking armor, pretty expensive for that, that's all I can think of, I think it would be cool if it was more useful for breaking eggs, maybe enough could break some obi. Another solution would be to make it do more knock back so people went flying, this could be used for tnt jumping or cool traps, at the moment every game that ends in wars makes the punch bow or knock back weapons overpowered (forgot about block wars lol) why not make tnt a viable solution to putting people in the void.

Sharp 5 diamond sword, I simply think it should only cost 32, 64 is pretty expensive in my opinion. It would encourage more people to melee.

Not all of the ideas are amazing, but tell me what you think, polls are good but only for 2 sided arguments.

P.s. how do I change my forums name. Putting a link to where I can learn would help.

Why do you want to make the price of armor complicated, It is good how it is right now and i don't think it needs changes. Sorry, but i have to disagree with this point.

Obsidian costing diamonds will not encourage people to build to mid, people usually camp at their islands to get obsidian and then build to mid.
I don't feel like adding endstone as there are a lot of unused blocks in eggwars ( hay ).

I agree with this point, especially in maps where there are 2 or more diamond generators ( food). Adding a timer will not solve the problem, because people tend to buy armor for themselves instead of upgrading the diamond generator. I'd suggest playing normal items game, or play OP half health where people can die fast.

Tnt does not need a buff, I mean the purpose of using TNT in eggwars is to break armor, as for the price, they are really cheap ( in OP). Breaking obsidian using TNT is impossible, you can use TNT to break blocks covering the obsidian ( chests,clay, hay, and glass). Cubecraft will not add the feature of knocking people off the edge using TNT, they removed the shroom knocker in the mushrooms map for a reason.

Yes, reducing the price for a sharp 5 dia sword will encourage long melee fights; however, people will still bow spam you. They will keep eating gapples without stopping.

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
Why do you want to make the price of armor complicated, It is good how it is right now and i don't think it needs changes. Sorry, but i have to disagree with this point.

Obsidian costing diamonds will not encourage people to build to mid, people usually camp at their islands to get obsidian and then build to mid.
I don't feel like adding endstone as there are a lot of unused blocks in eggwars ( hay ).

I agree with this point, especially in maps where there are 2 or more diamond generators ( food). Adding a timer will not solve the problem, because people tend to buy armor for themselves instead of upgrading the diamond generator. I'd suggest playing normal items game, or play OP half health where people can die fast.

Tnt does not need a buff, I mean the purpose of using TNT in eggwars is to break armor, as for the price, they are really cheap ( in OP). Breaking obsidian using TNT is impossible, you can use TNT to break blocks covering the obsidian ( chests,clay, hay, and glass). Cubecraft will not add the feature of knocking people off the edge using TNT, they removed the shroom knocker in the mushrooms map for a reason.

Yes, reducing the price for a sharp 5 dia sword will encourage long melee fights; however, people will still bow spam you. They will keep eating gapples without stopping.

I want the price of leather armour complicated because it would require people to spend more time gearing up before going to mid, it may fix some of the mid camping problems everyone is complaining about here on the forums. If it doesn't do that, it will still balance the 5v1 teapartys where I will kill 2 of them and as im fighting the 3rd one, the other 2 are already leather geared back up. There is also people with 8 sets at mid right away which is super annoying because they're basically invincible at the start and ALWAYS make it back to their bases with lots of diamonds. I know this because I use this strategy all the time, it works.

I don't agree with the diamond gen to get obby either, but more because it will have less use for the gold gen. I don't get exactly what you mean by people would have to camp base instead of mid however, because you can't camp base without going to mid in the first place to get at least 5 diamonds. I agree with you that TNT doesn't need to buff either, simply because I don't know how they would implement more for it.

You said that people will still bow spam with gaps, this is why I think they should buff the cost of gapples like in speed eggwars. Yes, I could just go play speed, but normal has more people playing, larger maps, and I still want a time consuming game. gapples being worth 5 gold wouldn't change much in op mode except for punish the people who are relying on and camping gold gens. What do you think @SpankMeSanta ?

Sep 23, 2017
Scotland
I loved almost all of your ideas m8, I think a TnT cannon would be a bit to op and way to laggy. I mean... Look at Hypixel. Its a nightmare with all that lag.
Also TnT breaking ob? not so sure about that. But anyways you have good points.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
So it seems 2/3 people don't like tnt jumping... I shall explain why it is balanced. It is still risky to Tnt jump, it can be a skill to practice, if you fail a tnt jump, you die and there goes all your stuff. However if you succeed you can also make it to the campers base, with half health, but that is what a water bucket should be for C: oh and it should cost 5 diamonds. Granted it could be placed all over the egg and be annoying, but maybe there should be sponges too. Idk also it should only fall to the build limit. Or else people can camp below the island.

Reactions: SavFun

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
So it seems 2/3 people don't like tnt jumping... I shall explain why it is balanced. It is still risky to Tnt jump, it can be a skill to practice, if you fail a tnt jump, you die and there goes all your stuff. However if you succeed you can also make it to the campers base, with half health, but that is what a water bucket should be for C: oh and it should cost 5 diamonds. Granted it could be placed all over the egg and be annoying, but maybe there should be sponges too. Idk also it should only fall to the build limit. Or else people can camp below the island.
I'd prefer spending my time hogging the diamond gen for e pearl, instead of trying to tnt jump and losing my stuff, also I don't think you can make it to bases with the tnt boost tbh. I agree with you that they should fix the build limit because there are a lot of people hiding underneath maps.

Reactions: SavFun

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
I'd prefer spending my time hogging the diamond gen for e pearl, instead of trying to tnt jump and losing my stuff, also I don't think you can make it to bases with the tnt boost tbh. I agree with you that they should fix the build limit because there are a lot of people hiding underneath maps.
I also don't see tnt jumping work on maps like underdasea and teaparty, they're just so spread out.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I also don't see tnt jumping work on maps like underdasea and teaparty, they're just so spread out.
Maybe they can make the tnt launch the placer exceptionately far, this would be a lot cheaper than a pearl yet still balanced in that you can die and lose all your stuff. This would also make it so if you spam tnt you get launched off the map a lot more.

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,

I think the prices are fine the way they are, As you said, you wanted a sharp 5 diamond sword to cost 32 diamonds instead of 64, I don't think that should change, Everything here is expensive, But thats what makes the game more fun, getting diamonds while trying not too die from another team, I think they should stay the same they are,
Thanks!
-FactionsAustin,

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
I think the prices are fine the way they are, As you said, you wanted a sharp 5 diamond sword to cost 32 diamonds instead of 64, I don't think that should change, Everything here is expensive, But thats what makes the game more fun, getting diamonds while trying not too die from another team, I think they should stay the same they are,
Thanks!
-FactionsAustin,
Everything isnt expensive, armour too cheap, dia armour too cheap, punch bows still too cheap in my opinion, gapples too cheap, etc?

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
It's almost as if they DON'T want you to buy chain armor. 10 gold? I'd rather spend it on a pick or gapples. Again, the game wants you to not buy Diamond Armor. That's why it's 64. If you wait that long, then you are worthy to get it. I could've even destroyed a whole team in 2.4 minutes.

If the enemy's camp the diamond gens on the middle, with a cooperative team and unbeatable skill, you are pretty much done for your Egg defense. That's why, obsidian costs Gold :) Even if it costed diamonds, why would I spend it on defense, rather than upgrading my gear and generator?

The minute rules sound interesting, however I don't know how the community would react. People just like how it is right now. It takes 5 minutes just to gear up and go to mid, so during that time we can upgrade our diamond generators. It's a good idea :)

TNT is something to save your life from Diamond Armored people in OP. You just trap them with obsidian, (as tnt does not inflict team damage,) and spam them with TNT. It's really cheap and easy to use in OP. Honestly, I think it was made for OverPowered mode. It can also used to blow up bridges, yes. It's really helpful when escaping.

Again, the diamond sword costs a lot since it's too OP and is discouraged. However I do like the idea. I would make it 32, and just see how it plays.

BallisticBoi

Dec 28, 2016
I agree, The normal chest option in skywars needs more weapons, As I was left with no weapons but full diamond :/

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hqteful wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Kazwa wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thank you for the follow!!
Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.