• Total voters

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
It's a known fact: players that choose to fight against someone using the Wizard kit are at a great disadvantage. I would really love to have this kit removed entirely but I know that this will probably never happen (but I still will suggest it either way just to get a feel of what everyone thinks), that's why I'm suggesting to have it be changed a little bit, to make gameplay a lot more balanced. The Wizard kit is too broken, I know that a lot of people share the same opinion as me since many threads have already been made about this. That's why I'm proposing to change the few things listed below.
  • Full set of Leather armor with Protection III
  • Iron sword with Sharpness I
  • x 2 Potion of Regeneration (1:30)
  • x 3 Potion of Swiftness (Speed II (0:30))
  • x 2 Splash Potion of Healing
  • x 4 Potion of Harming
  • x 2 Splash Potion of Poison (Poison II (0:06))
  • Potion of Strength (+3 Attack Damage when applied (3:00))

Alterations_greenbar.png

• Remove Potions of Swiftness
  • 2 Potions of Harming instead of 4
  • 1 Splash Potion of Poison instead of 2
Remove Potions of Swiftness
The reason why I think the Swiftness (or Speed, whatever you'd like to call it) potions should be removed is because they give the player a big advantage, if you think about it, it's basically like playing Samurai with potions, which in itself already would be too overpowered. Removing Speed will make it a lot more balanced and Wizard players won't be as hard to hit anymore if they know how to dodge hits properly. If you want to be speedy, go Samurai.

2 Potions of Harming instead of 4
Wizards get access to 4 harming potions, which already is a lot in my opinion - if they decide to spam the potions, it really just ends up getting their opponent at almost half of their health, which is really unfair since all that damage is just caused by throwing a few potions instead of actually dealing damage with a weapon, if you combine that with the strength potion, killing them is going to be a breeze.

1 Splash Potion of Poison instead of 2
The poison potion is very useful for stunning an opponent in fights, it lasts 6 seconds, which is more than enough time to get some of those hits in when the opponent pretty much loses their aim, that's why I feel like it should be reduced to 1 as it is too overpowered having that being able to happen twice.

If you disagree or feel that something should be changed, feel free to express your opinion below.

Last edited:

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
The wizard kit is very broken in my opinion. Even the worst wizards will win 1v1s irrespectful of which kit their opponent is using if they have all their potions. Drink strength, speed, regen up front, throw your poison potions first, make sure they both hit, and then throw all 4 of your potions of harming and then finish them off with your strength. This will almost always guarantee you one free kill which I think is insane and it shouldnt be a thing in a game like FFA.

Some people just use the strategy of
1: spawn in as wizard
2: find some unlucky dude, kill him with everything you got
3: kill yourself with potions or just run away with your swiftness and wait for your /kill cooldown to run out and then kill yourself
4: repeat
This should not even be a strategy in my opinion, and yet it is.

Wizard could be a fun, balanced kit, but it isn't at all. I voted 1.
Good thread♥

sukubookoo

Aug 13, 2019
What if the debuff potions were removed? Personally I don't have a problem with the kit as maximum I see most people get with it is 1kill however I can see how the kit could be annoying.

sukubookoo

Aug 13, 2019
I feel like without the harmful potions it just makes the Wizard kit a lot weaker than the other kits.
I feel spamming pots at people requires no skill however being able to take advantage of speed and strength would still provide a good enough balance.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
I feel spamming pots at people requires no skill however being able to take advantage of speed and strength would still provide a good enough balance.
the wizard kit wouldn't exactly be versatile without it being able to deal damage via potions, the thing that (could) make wizard interesting is how there are a plethora of different potions he can use, there's different strategies and ways to perfect your fighting style with wizard. If you can only buff yourself, wizard would become old extremely fast.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
no i dissagree the potion kit is so fun to play with as it is right now because it is fun to get chased and splash people with a lot of potions as a counter attack

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
no i dissagree the potion kit is so fun to play with as it is right now because it is fun to get chased and splash people with a lot of potions as a counter attack
It might be fun for you but it's not fair/balanced for others. I'm also not asking to remove all potions, just a few that would balance out gameplay and debuff the kit, making it less OP.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
It might be fun for you but it's not fair/balanced for others. I'm also not asking to remove all potions, just a few that would balance out gameplay and debuff the kit making it less OP.
well its not op it takes maybe 10 hits to kill a potion kit user lel

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
well its not op it takes maybe 10 hits to kill a potion kit user lel
If you were to go Wizard you can deal a lot of damage in one go without even touching your opponent, on top of that you have speed which makes it harder for the other person to hit you and with strength you also do more damage, that's not all though- you can even stun your opponents with poison not once, but two times, which is pretty OP in my opinion and should it be reduced so you're only able to do that once.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I don't play FFA a lot, but when I do I find it very hard to kill someone using Wizard. It could be that I am just extremely bad at PVP or that the kit is a little OP. Also, I don't think it is fair that people use /kill to die so they can receive more potions again. It isn't the best way to play the game nor enjoyable for others. Overall, I really like the suggestion but my opinion may not be as correct as others since I don't play the gamemode often.

Reactions: Meiske

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
No it was already nerfed, i dont care if someone thinks its OP, its a fun kit to use and many people who play FFA would likely be upset. I'm fine with the kit the wsy it is. There are no winners in FFA anyway. Buff warrior and archer. Dont nerf this kit, or better yet give everyone shields.

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
H̶e̶y̶ ̶i̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ w̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶k̶i̶t̶

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
No it was already nerfed,
Could be that it's gotten nerfed already but that doesn't mean it's impossible for the kit to still be overpowered.
i dont care if someone thinks its OP, its a fun kit to use and many people who play FFA would likely be upset.
It would still be fun to use, you would still be able to use potions and play wizard, the kit would just be less broken. Also, maybe all the people that use the wizard kit would be upset, yea, but that's why there's a poll here to see what the general community wants instead of just wizard players. And right now, it doesn't look like the majority wants the kit to stay the same way any longer.
There are no winners in FFA anyway.
this is true, it's an endless game, but I dont get your point. Just because there is no technical way of losing doesnt mean there should be a kit that is better than the rest. "Yea i absolutely destroyed you with my kit 100 times in a row but dont fret man, it's not like you can lose either way so just roll with the punches"
Buff warrior and archer.
I think it'd be kind of stupid to buff the rest of the kits instead of debuffing the one kit that is causing problems in the balance of FFA. It's so much easier to rework 1 kit to fix the balance instead of 3.
or better yet give everyone shields.
This is a seperate suggestion in my opinion, this would barely change the balance of the wiz kit. Infact, it might even make wizard slightly stronger if you gave everyone a shield.

Reactions: Meiske

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
i'll do you one better;

Let's add three new kits in place of wizard:

1. Witchdoctor
4 potions of harming, potion of poison, potions of healing
Sharpness 2 iron sword
Enchanted chainmail

2. Daredevil
Potions of speed 1, strength
potion of regeneration
Leather enchanted armour
Sharpness 2 iron sword

3. Menace
Splash weakness10 sec
Potion of speed 2
Sharpness 1 iron sword

reduce the time on poison pots. already a much better solution than nerfing the kit.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Hmm, I will have to go with a no on this one, although the wizard kit is pretty op, it's a double edged blade; once you run out of potions you're as good as dead. Though, I do think the amount of harming potions should be halved because otherwise you can insta-kill someone (or nearly anyway).

Reactions: Hazard

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hmm, I will have to go with a no on this one, although the wizard kit is pretty op, it's a double edged blade; once you run out of potions you're as good as dead. Though, I do think the amount of harming potions should be halved because otherwise you can insta-kill someone (or nearly anyway).
That's why players usually end up killing themselves once they run out of potions.

Reactions: Texbirds

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey Meiske, thanks for the suggestion!

At the moment, we have a developer that is working on an all-rounded PvP update for our Java network - exciting! We've looked at suggestions regarding the Wizard kit and we have decided to nerf it a bit, as well as adding a cool feature so that players playing with the Wizard kit aren't obliged to /kill when they've ran out of potions.

We've just gone through our first staff testing of this update this week and the support for it has been pretty positive - we still have a lot of changes for FFA, but we just wanted to let you know about our changes to the Wizard kit a bit more upfront.

Hope you're as excited for this update as we all are! 😇

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com

At the moment, we have a developer that is working on an all-rounded PvP update for our Java network - exciting! We've looked at suggestions regarding the Wizard kit and we have decided to nerf it a bit, as well as adding a cool feature so that players playing with the Wizard kit aren't obliged to /kill when they've ran out of potions.

We've just gone through our first staff testing of this update this week and the support for it has been pretty positive - we still have a lot of changes for FFA, but we just wanted to let you know about our changes to the Wizard kit a bit more upfront.

Yayy! happy to hear, thanks for taking threads like mine into consideration, can't wait for this update 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: Texbirds

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020

Hey Youn, just know that FFA players can be easily disappointed by change so even if you've done good work, to them the game is good as it stands. Just a heads up

Reactions: MeliodasWrath
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom