The void is too long.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cheatta, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Cheatta

Cheatta Member

Cheatta
    Gold
    I really liked the new CubeCraft's update, except for one little thing...
    When you are thrown into the void, you take AGES to die.
    It's like 6 seconds since you fall from the map, until you really die!
    I think that's worth to be solved.
    Have a nice day! ^-^

Deleted member 611810 likes this.
  2. ItsDavey_

ItsDavey_ Mod
    Staff Member Moderator

ItsDavey_
    Mod
    PLUS
    Pretty sure this is added so you have more time to save yourself by throwing an enderpearl.
    This has also been suggested several times :p

“- Made the void deeper before you instantly die, so you're able to use enderpearls to escape.”

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  3. Elivat

Elivat Member

DragonEli
    Emerald
    PLUS
    First of all, don't be so exaggerated please, it'll just take time for players to get used to. Also, a deeper void means a longer time to do last-second things like throwing an enderpearl or shooting someone. The difference is about 2-3 seconds, pretty irrelevant.

Azalea likes this.
  4. Deleted member 611810

Deleted member 611810 Member

I personally liked it better when you died right away. (After you fell a bit) If they could do that but with the extra time to fall, that would be a fair compromise.

Riley, Ikeaplank and Cheatta like this.
  5. Cheatta

Cheatta Member

Cheatta
    Gold
    I see your point. It is true that it's only a matter of time until we get used to the deeper void!
    But I must disagree with you on something...
    The void is deeper but the speed in which you fall is quite fast to throw an enderpearl. I am not saying it's impossible, even I have done enderpearl saves.
    But don't tell me that the point of a longer void is to throw enderpearls.

6. Cheatta

Cheatta Member

Cheatta
    Gold
    That was what I was tryin' to say! The void was way better when you would die almost instantly, with 1/2 seconds falling. But it should really be thought assim that extra time.

7. Deleted member 611810

I chugged a god apple and won because I and the last person fell at the same time but I had more health. So it's really not fair tbh.

Chitter and Cheatta like this.
  8. IceScreams

IceScreams Mod
    Staff Member Moderator

IceScreams
    Mod
    PLUS
    Personally I don't mind it too much, the fall is definitely longer (or rather noticeable). It does give players some time to enderpearl to save themselves, but for me I doubt I'd even make the save. Then again, it's just a few more seconds of waiting, no biggie in my opinion.

Elenahh, Cheatta and Azalea like this.
  9. Azalea

Azalea Member

xAzalea_
    Obsidian
    As said already, it takes longer to die when you fall into the void so that you have a better opportunity to save yourself using an enderpearl. The difference is so miniscule I dont get why you are complaining about it

10. Señor Hour Glass

Señor Hour Glass Member

no______u
    Gold
    Before this change, if you threw an enderpearl before falling into the void, and then fell, you died before teleporting because the void wasn't deep enough. That's why they made it deeper

11. Cheatta

Cheatta Member

Cheatta
    Gold
    OMG!! That's the weirdest win I've ever heard of.

12. Deleted member 611810

Bump! @Camezonda could you consider fixing this? Preferably my idea / compromise.

13. Camezonda

Camezonda Management
    Staff Member Management

Camezonda
    Management
    PLUS
    Hey! As said above, this implementation of the longer void was suggested many times, so we decided to accept the suggestion and add it to SkyWars. There will always be that battle of "Make the void longer" and "Make the void shorter", it's like that with most suggestions and ideas. Sadly at this time we will not be changing the void height. It was added so people could enderpearl save themselves or other ways to avoid an instant death in the void, it's like EggWars as well now. I should note that if you use a golden apple when you fall and that you other player is killed before you, you deserve that win, you made sure that you'd survive in the void longer than me or in battle. Strategies are key remember.

When the update was first released, the void was moved to -200 on the Y axis, I looked into it and agreed that it was a bit too long, so I got it changed to -100 instead. I agree and understand that the void seems longer in terms of dying, but there's more advantage that comes to a longer void than a disadvantage. For example, you're able to void death using different methods now, such as Enderpearls or waterfalls if they exist. A small disadvantage is that it takes an extra 1-2 seconds to die if you fall off the map, and when you come to think about it, it's not really that major of a wait. I hope you understand and that I've made things a bit clearer now :D

14. Ding Junhui

Ding Junhui Member

The void was lengthened to mainly give pearls more time to land not to give you more time to throw them. As Spuuuni said, before, if you threw a pearl then jumped off you would often die before it lands.

To solve this, and just because it could be handy as well, a play again command could be added, something short so it can be typed quickly, so if you fall in the void you can just / play again