Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
On Java CubeCraft you have different ranks (Iron --> Lapiz --> Gold --> Diamond --> Emerald --> Obisidian). These ranks come with cool perks like voting, more friend slots, more party slots, etc. Most ranks are worth what they cost, as they give more perks than the rank below, and those perks are worth the difference in price. There is however one rank that isn't worth it, and that is the Obsidian rank. There is one thing you can vote more extra compared to Emerald rank, which is in Wing Rush (a featured game). For the rest the only useful differences are that you get 50 more friends and a one time free multiplier. The rest (A discount on crafting uber cubelets, Finding a hidden chest every day instead of every 2 days, etc.) don't really change a lot. They're nice to have but they aren't a reason to make the Obsidian rank cost 50 GBP (56,6 EUR) more than the Emerald rank. (You can check all perks and prices here).

There are two possible ways to solve this problem:

1) Decrease the price of the obsidian rank
2) Give the obsidian rank more perks/change some perks to make them better

Solution 1: Decrease the price

This solution doesn't seem like a good one to me. It would be very unfair to people that bought the obsidian rank's price got decreased as they spent more money than people that would buy it now. So then the only thing there's left is

Solution 2: Give more perks

This seems like a better solution as also the people that previously bought the Obsidian rank would benefit from this. Some possible things to add to the perks of the obsidian rank are:
- Change the one time global multiplier to a free multiplier every 6 months
- Give people with an obsidian rank a higher chance to get rare loot from cubelets
- Possibly give people with an obsidian rank a little more xp (not a lot, maybe 10%) from winning a game
- Maybe even more friends (there are quite some people complaining about not having enough friend slots)
- Make extra loot items you only get with Obsidian
- Etc.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
If you think the obsidian rank is not worth what it cost, you can always choose to not buy it 🤯

But yeah, I agree there should be more perks for the obsidian rank. It's quite expensive compared to the other ranks. But things like extra experience and better loot sound to me like 'pay to win' kind of things. And the thing I love about cubecraft is that they (almost) don't have pay to win with their store system. So the obsidian should definitely get more perks, but maybe they can think of some other cool stuff.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
But things like extra experience and better loot sound to me like 'pay to win' kind of things.
Yes I wasn’t sure about the extra xp, as levels are sometime considered ‘important’, even though they don’t matter, you can do exactly the same at lvl 1 as at lvl 200. But the better loot isn’t really pay to win as loot is quite useless and just for the flex. Besides that, other ranks (not sure which ones but at least plus) also give you loot.

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Besides that, other ranks (not sure which ones but at least plus) also give you loot.
Yeah I know, all ranks give exclusive loot. I meant getting better loot from cubelets seems a bit too much as you already get a discount on uber cubelets. And if you have players like me, who are trying to get as much common items as possible, it isn't a good thing to get better loot from your cubelets.

Reactions: xHappyMood

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Yeah I know, all ranks give exclusive loot. I meant getting better loot from cubelets seems a bit too much as you already get a discount on uber cubelets. And if you have players like me, who are trying to get as much common items as possible, it isn't a good thing to get better loot from your cubelets.
Hm yes fair enough, but I still think most people would go for rare loot rather than common. But you have a point here as well :)

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
I love this suggestion. I’ve made 2 suggestions about this in the past and did not get escalated.

Even though, a rank is more like a donation and not a product, I would love these extra’s. Therefore you have my support.
Well ACTUALLY, I made the same suggestion 2 times and it's not getting enough attention..
And another won that has some unfair advantages. So idk.

And yeah I agree with the 2nd solution.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i think its quite expensive cuz you buy a rank to support a server, and get perks in return. Obsidian is just one of the high class support options for people who have money (seriously, how do people have this much money?!) same with plus, it doesnt add much, but its just a way to show support to a server

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
Well, I first bought Emerald because I liked the perks and cosmetics. Then I upgraded to obsidian to support the server because I knew obsidian doesn't have many more features than emerald. It is still your own choice to buy a rank of 161.90 EUR. You can compare it a bit with iphone these devices are around 1000 EUR, but still they are so cheap to make compared to the price you pay for them.Maybe a strange comparison since a virtual rank has no extra value in our daily life, but it comes down to the same thing in my opinion.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Well, I first bought Emerald because I liked the perks and cosmetics. Then I upgraded to obsidian to support the server because I knew obsidian doesn't have many more features than emerald.
Yes of course there are people that buy ranks to support the server, but there are also people that buy ranks only because of the perks. If you give more perks, that means those people might buy it too, which means more money :)
It is still your own choice to buy a rank of 161.90 EUR.
It sure is, but as cube obviously wants money, it’d be better to get more people to buy it c:
You can compare it a bit with iphone these devices are around 1000 EUR, but still they are so cheap to make compared to the price you pay for them.
You can’t really imo, it doesn’t cost cube anything if they give the rank more perks. It’s even completely the opposite, they’d get more money! If an iPhone would be made cheaper, apple would probably lose money (I assume they thought about having more people buy it and having a lower price), while cube would certainly NOT lose money when giving more perks.

Icouzz

Aug 26, 2019
Bulgaria
As an obsidian ranker i agree with this. there is no much difference between the emerald and obsidian rank, i think the solution 2 should be added.

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello, interesting suggestion.

Ironically, I've discussed this briefly in my review of CubeCraft though I never elaborated on it. I actually had this feeling with Lapiz more than I had with Obsidian, which is nearly double the cost of Iron at regular prices but barely has any new features to it, and none of which are worth it for the cost as far as I can tell. Obsidian however, does have a few sweet perks I like, such as the special reward, Uber Cubelet crafting discount and additional cosmetics. However, these all seem to be very cosmetic and not necessarily game changing which could be improved. I actually had a small idea that I haven't worked out entirely, so if I ever wish to post that suggestion here's a preview.

Evidently, quite a lot of people own the Obsidian rank for the server's daily player-base, and that, most likely, has to do with their previous player-base that was a lot bigger. So it wouldn't be totally senseless to add something designed for obsidian only, or Emerald+, and the voting options for Obsidian. However, this game-mode would have to require less than 12 people. Perhaps a lounge with a lot of mini-games, I actually found out CubeCraft used to have a shift contest in their old lobby (press shift the most times to compete against people for fun) and fish slap, and I'm disappointed I missed out on that one since it looked like a lot of fun. Well, these mini-games wouldn't only be for fun, they'd actually give you points for winning. So, "The Obsidian Lounge" sounds fun to me and can actually be really interesting if done right. If you'd like to me to make an elaborate suggestion about this, let me know.

Back on the Lapiz rank, I believe it is too expensive for the features, even more than Obsidian is.
  • 2 Weekly bonuses instead of 1
  • 30 Friend slots instead of 20
  • Up to 5 people in a party instead of 4
  • 22 Exclusive vanity items instead of 15 (should be changed to loot by the way)
  • 5 Day cool down between finding hidden chests instead of 6
  • 2 Exclusive egg break messages instead of 1
  • Voting for health Boost in Eggwars
  • Voting for time in SkyWars
  • Voting for Armageddon in Tower Defence
  • Vote for health boost in survival games
  • Choose which game-mode is chosen in Quake Craft
  • Choose which game-mode is chosen in Layer Spleef
  • Choose which game-mode is chosen in Linedash

• 6 Weekly bonuses instead of 5
  • 125 Friend slots instead of 75
  • Up to 20 people in a party instead of 10
  • 52+ Exclusive vanity items instead of 46 (again, change the name)
  • Allowed to 6 reports a day instead of 3
  • 1 day cool down between finding hidden chests instead of 2
  • Uber Cubelet crafting discount
  • Free global multiplier of your choice
  • Custom time in FFA
  • Choose which game-mode is chosen in Wing Rush

It may be confusing to see Lapiz having more additional features from Iron than Obsidian from Emerald, so let me break it down a bit. Let's agree that cosmetic features are nice, but they're not exactly worth a lot of money since they're not very useful. Alright? Good, now let's look at the differences that actually matter that'll be worth money.

• 2 Weekly bonuses instead of 1
  • 30 Friend slots instead of 20
  • Up to 5 people in a party instead of 4
  • Voting for health Boost in Eggwars
  • Voting for time in SkyWars
  • Voting for Armageddon in Tower Defence
  • Vote for health boost in survival games
  • Choose which game-mode is chosen in Quake Craft
  • Choose which game-mode is chosen in Layer Spleef
  • Choose which game-mode is chosen in Linedash

• 6 Weekly bonuses instead of 5
  • 125 Friend slots instead of 75
  • Up to 20 people in a party instead of 10
  • Allowed to 6 reports a day instead of 3
  • 1 day cool down between finding hidden chests instead of 2
  • Free global multiplier of your choice
  • Custom time in FFA
  • Choose which game-mode is chosen in Wing Rush
Good, we've gone over that now. As you can see there are almost an identical amount of differences between Iron - Lapiz and Emerald - Obsidian. However, the quantity matters less than the quality, so let's take a brighter look at that in case you're still reading.

The perks for Quake Craft, Layer Spleef and Linedash are not as important as they seem. They are featured games that do not have a large player-count overall and require more specific interests, the same goes for Wing Rush for the obsidian rank. I know that this may seem subjective, but it's based on the player-count of these featured games.

Voting time isn't a great help either, it may be fun and will feel like you change the game, but in reality it doesn't do as much. The only features worth the money, as far as I can see, are voting health boost in Eggwars, the extra party slot, 10 extra friend slots and the extra weekly bonus.

As for Obsidian, it's different. Yes, it is still overpriced but at least not nearly double the price of the previous rank like Iron - Lapiz. Both of these ranks should be changed as far as I can see. In conclusion, both of these ranks should be modified.

This is a very good suggestion and leaves open a lot of opportunities, I like it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom