Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
When mojang release the new combat system, which probs be in the next year, should cubecraft use it? Should they keep a 1.9 server running, the same as they still run a 1.8 server? I peronally have spent a ton of time getting as good as i can at 1.9 pvp, and i would hate to see that progress ruined. I hope cubecraft will keep a 1.9 server running, and i want to know what others in the community think, and how cubecraft is going to change when the new combat system is released. Sorry for such a long thread.

Reactions: LlTE

daniestad

Jun 18, 2020
Imo I like the new combat system but I understand that there are people that have spent a lot of time perfecting their 1.9 combat skills, if I were an admin I would ask the community tbh

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
They better get rid of 1.9 and keep it 1.?? And above. Ideally the new system is supposed to bridge the gap between 1.8 and a better system and competitively oriented.

Everyone should give their feedback.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I personally think that they're changing it for the wrong reasons.

Combat is seriously not complicated. You time your hits with a clearly visible cooldown. Simple.
Fights ARE exciting.

I am not completely against the idea of them changing. Like with the last change, I will adapt.

The justifications behind the PVP change are completely false in my opinion.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Also, based on what I've seen, being as this is essentially a 1.8/1.9 hybrid, it clearly seems like they're rewarding people who were garbage at 1.9 pvp.

When people spam clicked, they would still always do a decent bit of damage every single time they FIRST attacked you, since in the time it took them to hit you, the cooldown had reset. From then on, it's just spam clicking, doing basically no damage.

This system basically makes sure that people who played like that get exactly what they want

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
It's a really complicated subject to tackle due to an immeasurable amount of 1.8 players being obsessed with things staying the same, a lot of them were prepared to hate it before it even dropped. Finding people who actually have legitimate reasons to like/hate either version are the best people to talk to.

I personally 100% agree with this above by @XtremeElectrix
Combat is seriously not complicated. You time your hits with a clearly visible cooldown. Simple.
Fights ARE exciting.

The justifications behind the PVP change are completely false in my opinion.
however... 1.9 is exciting only once it gets to a really competitive level, I think he may be referencing from a survival or adept player standpoint, look at those players on SkyWars who can barely hit anything, is it fun for them? but 2 very good players who land every hit, they clash hard and love it. 1.8 seems to be more fun straight out the can for new/bad players and ALSO highly skilled players also.

I love a lot of the changes in the new combat update, critting through shields & instant-deflection from shields mean bow spamming is completely out the window, which I love, it's still useful since their speed is reduced. Not sure what I think about the hoe range being higher.

Obviously I'm not a fan of having to learn to pvp all over again, but I did it from 1.8 to 1.9, so I'm cool with that. I'm totally onboard with this combat update, I see what they are trying to do and I like the combat being universal between all versions and generally getting the entire community under the same roof again would be amazing.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I think update to new combat system and keep 1.8 server. Doubt many 1.8 players will play this new combat system I think they'll just keep playing 1.8.

Reactions: Queen Ualala

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
@Story @XtremeElectrix you should both give feedback on the feedback website. Both of your inputs are at least in my opinion, valuable because i’m pretty sure most of the pro-1.9 feedback Mojang’s been getting is with regards to PvE, not much PvP.

Reactions: XtremeElectrix

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I think update to new combat system and keep 1.8 server. Doubt many 1.8 players will play this new combat system I think they'll just keep playing 1.8.
I also think most 1.8 players are essentially conformists and won’t change, but here’s to hoping 🍻

I have a problem with shields - they block too much damage. They should have material tiers - basic leather, all-rounded iron reinforcedwooden sheilds, small-golden shields, diamond-reinforced iron and obsidian - each blocking differently with different speeds and properties.

i actually had an idea of the obsidian shield folding outwards and covering 270 degrees, with the cost of being stationary. The gold shield would not cover a large arc but would allow you to run whilst holding it up

I’m actually a big fan of the weapon range changes, this could open up the possibility for scythes, clubs, katanas etc. into the game.

I don’t know if I ought to have much faith in Mojang when it comes to updates. They’re too scared of the game feeling modded. For example when they said they’d make a new water hostile mob for 1.13 they just added a zombie.

LlTE

Jul 20, 2019
Turkey
No, I think that CubeCraft was distinguished by 1.9. They could commit to changing the system, unless it won the popularity and satisfaction of the Minecraft community.

Reactions: Levi_the_pro

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
No, I think that CubeCraft was distinguished by 1.9. They could commit to changing the system, unless it won the popularity and satisfaction of the Minecraft community.
Yooo remember me from earlier today I tried to trick u into coming near my carrot and exploding it?? Nice times

Btw could you rephrase I didnt really get you

• Love
Reactions: LlTE

LlTE

Jul 20, 2019
Turkey
Yooo remember me from earlier today I tried to trick u into coming near my carrot and exploding it?? Nice times

Btw could you rephrase I didnt really get you
First Nice to meet you, I think I've seen you before,
I meant that if the new pvp won the admiration of others it could be CubeCraft adding it beside 1.9 and 1.8

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom