Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
Before starting, yea no, this is not a thread about me leaving the forums or CubeCraft, I am not quitting nor I want to, it's just a little thread to share my feelings with everyone and see if other people also have been noticing the fact the forums have changed since 2017, and not in a good way specially.

The forums are not the same anymore...

What do I mean by this?
It's pretty obvious that everything changes, nothing stays the same and we should be acceptive about this, but the problem comes when the changes are bad.

When I joined the forums on 2017 this was a place where I could easily get lost on, spending hours and hours reading threads I could barely understand cause my english worse back then, but either way the forums did really give me the feeling they were alive, you could feel the emotions on the messages sent by the users, until now. The problem is that right now the messages are empty, they don't give you any feeling, I can't lose myself looking at threads, they're too one sided, there's no emotion, no argue, no discussion, everytime someone states a fact the thread is left like it was already closed, there's no point on sending a message on a thread anymore, your opinion will mostlikely not be accepted and will be ignored.
People tries to look too formal, that's a big deal too.
Let's be real, people doesn't speak like "Nice!" or use dots at all if they're not trying to look formal. Being formal is fine, the problem is the intention, I speak for myself too, that everytime I'd be formal is when Staff is around or on the forums, trying to give everyone a sense of how mature am I, but just not being myself, which is completely stupid, if you're aming to be a staff, do you want to be yourself or you want to be what people wants you to be?

Honestly I am really disapointed on the forums, cause besides some users the rest is just fake, apersonal people pretending they're someone they can't be.

Also CCG Memes is dead and that makes me sad pls revive it kthx <3

Last edited:

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
CubeCraft Games - Google Chrome 24-12-2019 12_08_01.png
Also CCG Memes is dead and that makes me sad pls revive it kthx <3

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I try to be formal, because the next time I speak informal I’ll be removed from the forums eternally.

It’s more inactive than 2017, yes. That’s not weird if you take the amount of players into consideration. Although, I think the people nowadays are doing their best to keep the forums alive. I, myself, have less spare time to be around so it doesn’t affect me that much.

Also, you could make an argument that most of the forum sections are not frequently used. This however, doesn’t go up for CCG Memes. This section is immortal.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I think there is just mainly a lack of attention to the forums from management these days. The forums has been the same for over two years now. Nothing changed except the layout and some rules. The player base has been shrinking a lot and the forums was already quite dead before bedrock became a thing. I’m really addicted to the forums, but I think everyone just isnt enjoying it as much as it used to be. I miss people like Sophie, Iloveyouu and many more with some good constructive threads and replies. Also the fact that barely any escalated threads get implemented is really not motivational and it’s sad that this has been a fact for over years. Sometimes things get requested a lot here on the forums, but it doesnt get added. I’m always quite nostalgic about the forums, because I used to enjoy it a lot more.

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
I try to be formal, because the next time I speak informal I’ll be removed from the forums eternally.

It’s more inactive than 2017, yes. That’s not weird if you take the amount of players into consideration. Although, I think the people nowadays are doing their best to keep the forums alive. I, myself, have less spare time to be around so it doesn’t affect me that much.

Also, you could make an argument that most of the forum sections are not frequently used. This however, doesn’t go up for CCG Memes. This section is immortal.
I mean, I am obviously talking in comparison of 2017/2018, I remember last summer the memes thread could get easily 1/2 pages the same day, it's just not the same.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
It's a platform that once had a purpose, since it actually had the power of bringing change to the server. But nowadays, Java is not a priority and most forum users are from Java. And there aren't really many good and well elaborated suggestions for bedrock. I myself have given up on making long suggestion threads, what's the point if I never get an official reply. Of course the response from normal forum members is always highly appreciated, but it leaves you thinking that there’s no point in suggesting anything since it’s not reaching the people it should be reaching. The only decision that really did help the activity of the forums was the re-implementation of Map Submissions.

Forums are meant to be for debate, and one could say debates still happen, even if smaller-scaled. But every debate comes with a product, with a resolution. That’s just not happening on these forums, so what’s the point of participating if it results being so unimportant.

Not to mention that for some reason it has become a crime to say you support a thread with a simple sentence, which discourages new forum users and even old ones that don’t feel like writing an entire essay every time a thread is posted and simply want to show an additional way of support. The law now is "either like or vote on the poll. And stay silent otherwise you're message farming"

It seems like the most frequent and popular threads aren’t even about the server anymore, it’s more about our community here on the forums. So while I agree with the fact that the forums has had a bad development lately, it all comes together with the deterioration of java. And the eventual replacement of Java as the dominating platform with Bedrock.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Even thought I’m almost new to those forums I see there is lack of activity in the last few months compared to summer for exsample.I think this occurs when there aren’t enough good threads to keep the forums alive

Reactions: Marieke2001

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Agreed, the forums are less lively as before and I can think of a couple of reasons for this.
  • Like you said, people are way too formal. A lot of people here act as if they were in a business meeting. This is the forum website of the server of a game, so let's act like a community of one.
  • People are too wannabe-ish, which connects to the point about formal behaviour. I myself have been a huge wannabe, but looking back at it I puke lol. (Ty priley for giving me the insights into this.) You don't have to share the amount of reports you've made, you don't have to prove yourself useful by repeating an answer that's been said many times before on the same thread. Just be yourself. If you are a tryhard, act like one instead of being nice to (mainly) staff members on here whilst swearing at other people in FFA. And if someone might have necro-posted or if a user posts multiple threads with the same content, you don't have to tag all staff members in the list to show them how helpful you are because you have prevented the forums from being hit by another disastrous meteor in the form of a necro-post. Just be yourself, that's enough. :]
  • You've already said it, but I wanted to go into more detail about this one: Argues one the forums. Argues are not fun, but make the forums seem alive. Too many argues are not okay, but right now there's always a staff member who simply just locks the thread to prevent further reactions. But in my opinion, that's not the way. If it escalates you can always handle it by sending warnings, but I believe that most of the people here are smart enough to deal with discussions themselves. I have had a lot of argues in the past and have learned a lot of them, because you'll learn how to deal with certain situations. So my message to the staff team is: Don't instantly lock threads if people are arguing a little. They will probably fix it themselves and if that doesn't work you can lock the thread. Simple as that.
  • Another (last) reason for this place to become les lively is that most of the skilled ranters were asked to shut up before they even started writing. @CommunistCactus and @Farctiliciousswoleman (not sure what his name is but it sounded something like this) have left the forums while they were the ones who really made a point with threads like CubeCraft Problems v1 and rant threads about EggWars. Some things may have been considered rude but they were the ones pointing out the problems nobody dared/wanted to point out.
That's it from me, hope you agree with my points.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Agreed, the forums are less lively as before and I can think of a couple of reasons for this.
  • Like you said, people are way too formal. A lot of people here act as if they were in a business meeting. This is the forum website of the server of a game, so let's act like a community of one.
  • People are too wannabe-ish, which connects to the point about formal behaviour. I myself have been a huge wannabe, but looking back at it I puke lol. (Ty priley for giving me the insights into this.) You don't have to share the amount of reports you've made, you don't have to prove yourself useful by repeating an answer that's been said many times before on the same thread. Just be yourself. If you are a tryhard, act like one instead of being nice to (mainly) staff members on here whilst swearing at other people in FFA. And if someone might have necro-posted or if a user posts multiple threads with the same content, you don't have to tag all staff members in the list to show them how helpful you are because you have prevented the forums from being hit by another disastrous meteor in the form of a necro-post. Just be yourself, that's enough. :]
  • You've already said it, but I wanted to go into more detail about this one: Argues one the forums. Argues are not fun, but make the forums seem alive. Too many argues are not okay, but right now there's always a staff member who simply just locks the thread to prevent further reactions. But in my opinion, that's not the way. If it escalates you can always handle it by sending warnings, but I believe that most of the people here are smart enough to deal with discussions themselves. I have had a lot of argues in the past and have learned a lot of them, because you'll learn how to deal with certain situations. So my message to the staff team is: Don't instantly lock threads if people are arguing a little. They will probably fix it themselves and if that doesn't work you can lock the thread. Simple as that.
  • Another (last) reason for this place to become les lively is that most of the skilled ranters were asked to shut up before they even started writing. @CommunistCactus and @Farctiliciousswoleman (not sure what his name is but it sounded something like this) have left the forums while they were the ones who really made a point with threads like CubeCraft Problems v1 and rant threads about EggWars. Some things may have been considered rude but they were the ones pointing out the problems nobody dared/wanted to point out.
That's it from me, hope you agree with my points.
Literally writes out an entire formal essay

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
There's just no content here for discussion, when the multiplier update came out, the discussions were bumping way higher than usual and tons of memes were made also, but then it just fades and we get nothing till seasonal stuff which doesnt count either in my opinion.

The only reason the forums are even still alive is because of the members of the past, if this server launched in the past few months, the forums would be dead, the fact that the forums have so few Bedrock players is a testament to that.

late discussion crew

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Tbh I completely agree with Story above. To me, Cube seems to have just given up. No new games, no new updates, only seasonal stuff which doesn't really count as new because we've all seen it 100 times. The community has given constructive criticism for many years which was just ignored/locked and now the consequences have come. Now most people either cba to criticise or have left imo.

The big change thread:

Screenshot 2020-01-02 at 20.16.29.png

From flicking through updates, literally NOTHING interesting has come since the Big change.
I remember under Mac, there were literally updates every 2 weeks.

Baba Yaga

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2019
The Mandalorian's ship
Tbh I completely agree with Story above. To me, Cube seems to have just given up. No new games, no new updates, only seasonal stuff which doesn't really count as new because we've all seen it 100 times. The community has given constructive criticism for many years which was just ignored/locked and now the consequences have come. Now most people either cba to criticise or have left imo.

The big change thread:

View attachment 158424

From flicking through updates, literally NOTHING interesting has come since the Big change.
I remember under Mac, there were literally updates every 2 weeks.
Not strong with them the force is. Rise from the dark side they must, and treat their server with the love and respect it deserves and needs. At its darkest the night is before the sun rises. Time to rise, it is now.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Happy birthday
Desiderata wrote on Basketman's profile.
happy birthday

ur cool
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
RobinDn wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy Birthday, you get a free cookie from me :)
Xi1m wrote on Basketman's profile.
happy birthday basketballman :333
Top Bottom