Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

The CubeCraft Times

Oct 23, 2020
bit.ly

The CubeMas Times | Edition #10

20-12-2020

🔥 Edition #10!

Wow! Today we're posting edition #10 of TCCT! Isn't it exciting? Hit that reacts button if you're as excited as we are right now!
Now, time to get started with this week's edition. Let's hope you enjoy it a lot! 😉

🗺️ 4 Weeks of Winter - Part 2!

The second part of 4 Weeks of Winter was released Wednesday, which included some amazing maps!
Here's a list of the new maps:
  • Vortex - Lucky Islands (Solo)
  • Breakfast - SkyWars (Team)
  • Bedrock only: Mirage - SkyWars (Team)

Article by: @Gemmmmie

🏆 CubeCraft's New Giveaways!

Last week the CubeCraft Giveaways bot posted a message in announcements saying:

To celebrate the winter season, we're giving away a few prizes! We're giving away:
1. Rank of your choice (Bedrock) or a rank upgrade (Java)!
2. Winter Bundle 2020 (Bedrock) or Winter Cubelets / two bundles of your choice! (Java)!

Well, we've got something even cooler.
It's time for a brief interview with the winners!

What was your reaction when you first noticed you won?

DrFe4rless: "Pretty happy."
Clays3c: "A little surprised, I guess? I honestly forgot I even applied for the giveaway"
DyedGrassBlock: "I was like 'IT’S A LIE', then I checked the announcement"

What rank/bundle did you choose?

DrFe4rless: "A Winter Bundle for Bedrock"
Clays3c: "I gave a rank upgrade to my friend, I think he'll be Diamond now"
DyedGrassBlock: "Winter Bundle 2020"

Article by: @Conea64

💬 Community's Feedback: Excessive Number of Translators.

On Monday 14th a feedback thread was started by @WinterSheep about the number of Translators. We thought of it as important to write about this thread because of the length and discussion in it. Some people might not want to read through 4 pages of thread and for them we will list all arguments given while staying as neutral as possible.

Disclaimer: Although we are trying to stay as neutral as possible and only name the facts, we might interpret things the wrong way and maybe write it down in a way it looks biased. If you want to know the exact things said and form your own opinion, please read the original thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/excessive-number-of-translators.272644/.

WinterSheep’s Feedback
WinterSheep started the thread by stating his opinion, we quote:
“I think there are too many translators with the Translator rank on the network, compared to what they actually do.”

The summarised reason behind his opinion is as follows:
"The responsibilities of a translator are not that heavy compared to those of other staff members like moderators."

After that, he names every responsibility of a Translator which are visible to him. These responsibilities are as listed:
  • Answering questions across the Network and monitor the forums for suggestions/ideas regarding the Translation Team and its processes.
  • Assisting moderators with translations of appeals, reports, etc.
  • Communicating with people across the network to spread the team’s publicity.
WinterSheep reacts to these responsibilities with the following counter arguments:
  1. Answering those questions is not difficult as they are mostly questions like: “What language do you speak?” or “How to become a Translator?”. Also, most of the questions asked can also be answered by moderators.
  2. Assisting moderators with translations is according to WinterSheep the only decent reason for keeping this role.
  3. This is questionable according to WinterSheep as there are in-game announcements to spread the publicity of the team and he doesn’t agree with the number of Translators needed for this alone.
Finally, he makes clear that he is not questioning the rank itself but the number of people who are getting the rank. As a conclusion, he thinks that it seems like "you’re recruiting the translators to reward them for their work on the translations team and obtain the precious number of 100 staff members instead of actually needing them”.

The community’s answer
We will keep this as short as possible and only mention the arguments that are valid and actually say something.
The arguments of the community are the following:
  1. The Translators are receiving their rank because of them contributing massive amounts of time and offering their services on an outstanding level of quality.
  2. The Translator rank gives motivation for the translators to do their work. It gives them an extra goal to work for.
  3. The Translator rank can be seen as an acknowledgment of what they’ve done.
  4. The rank gives the moderation team a certainty of translations being correct.
  5. Giving translations is a difficult thing, you have to keep a lot of things in mind translating and it must be of the highest quality.
  6. Compared to the total of translators hired there are not that much with a rank.
  7. Translators are part of Team CubeCraft Games - they have their own unique contribution and their efforts help improve content on all our server platforms.
  8. Translators can help with questions asked in #staff-help not being English.
The counter arguments are listed below:

1. Why don’t we have Reporter ranks then, there are people contributing massive amounts of time reporting and offering their reports on an outstanding level of quality?
4. You can also be certain of this by experience, after a while you’ll know which translators are trustworthy
8. This can also be done without the rank.

After that, @Zed locked the thread, his opinion was that there were no new points being made and the fact that there’s no actual reason to remove the ranks. However, some did not agree with this. More information can be found at @Zed's profile.

Final words and conclusion
We left out big parts which were about Designers and Developers. First, as Fesa made clear, this is not how a discussion is supposed to go. Secondly, even WinterSheep agreed that this was not what the thread was about.
We hope this clarified and summarised the discussion a bit.

Article by: @Shotgun

🔊 Community Talk - SkyWars!

On Friday 18th there was another community talk!
During this talk, the community was discussing one of the most loved games on the server: SkyWars! Some major points in this were Team Colours, Receiving XP after kills, Axe damage, Golden apple numbers, and the balancing of specifically the Scout kit. Throughout the talk, many different ideas were considered and you are best off looking at all of them here:
~ https://www.notion.so/Meeting-Notes-b599ff6c93c74fdb8e1ebc769320fc94.
So, from this we learned about a lot of possibilities for the new update, and I for one am very excited to see what will be done to SkyWars.

Article by: @Ender

WE'RE HOSTING A WRITING COMPETITION ON OUR DISCORD SERVER!
Click here for the link - Information can be found there.​

Special thanks to @Shotgun for proofreading everything you have just read.
THIS THREAD WAS MADE BY: @Gregeyy

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom