Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Did you prefer the old minigame setup or the new one?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • In between (specify in the comments).

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

#getbarbecued

Jun 25, 2016
Here are two videos; one of the new update and one of me playing minigames prior to the update. What did you like before and what do you like more now?

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
I didn't cast a vote because I'm not sure if a yes vote would be for the old minigame or new setup. Anyway, I vote yes to the new setup and prefer it to the old one.

I liked the classic setup for its simplicity and the variety of games available. The lobby is nostalgic, but the new one is more stunning than ever. I love that it still retains the simplicity, but with more pizazz.

As for the games, the new system is by far better!!!

The leaderboard, both in the lob and in-game, is a feature I have wanted for a long time because it gives players something to strive towards, a sense of accomplishment, and drives competition through the roof.

While it may not be practical or feasible, I would love to see a leaderboard for each game. I could imagine a spleef leaderboard... gosh I would be in heaven :rolleyes:

I also love that each game has rounds. It's great when you can play with the same people for several rounds to fight for and maintain 1st position. This makes the mini-games immersive, something of which was lacking in the classic arcade.

Overall, the new mini-games are fun to play and I'm excited to see what other games are added over time.

The new spleef mode is very creative and unique and can appeal to a wider audience because TNT run and similar maps (e.g., lava) and the spleef layers are mixed together. It's much more diverse and challenging but lacks the same intensity as classic pvp spleef. Still, it is epic in its own right. In fact, I find it more exhilarating than the classic spleef modes in some ways, whether it's because of the game mode or the novelty of it.

Paintball is better than ever! The new features are something I've wanted for a long time. Now paintball has a purpose... to get those killstreaks and fight for a position on the leaderboard as well as become MVP takes CC paintball to a whole new level. I'm relieved they still kept the full health rather than the one-shot kill feature that other servers have. It gets tedious after a while when all you die is die, respawn, die, respawn. At least in CC paintball, you can stay out on the field longer and actually have some fun.

However, my main gripe with paintball is the total kills needed to win the game... it's too short IMO and the game is over far too quickly, especially with a team of jammers. Classic paintball seemed to last longer per game and was more immersive.

Naturally, I miss some of the games from the classic arcade, especially Arena and Spiral and actual pvp spleef (as opposed to you against the map type of thing with the new spleef mode). But you can't have it all, and for what it's worth, I much prefer the new Arcade to the Classic one.

I think, in time, once they start adding new games (and hopefully reinstate some classic ones), tweak it a bit, and iron out some of the glitches/bugs, more and more people will start to fall in love all over again just like they did with the old arcade.

Thanks for uploading the minigame vid. It was a nice trip down memory lane :)

Sharz

Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2015
Barcelona
www.youtube.com
I would like to see back TNTRun and Hide and Seek back. This Arcade update is really cool, I love it, Cubecraft is growing at a professional level, both in constructions and games. I love the way the server is going and I hope that more old games return in the next Arcade Update.

Just wait for the next Arcade Update, I'm sure that more games will return!

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I prefer the new Arcade over the old one. The old Arcade was outdated, and was overall a messy sprawl of games. The new Arcade's games are much more compacted, and filled with a lot of new concerts. Not to mention, the new lobby looks amazing and much more manageable.

BTW, your poll question should be rephrased.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I am in the middle, But the new arcade update is a lot more popular than the Old arcade (Maybe because it is an update)

The games that are updates, as paintball are a lot better. It is too bad that There are games removed like tnt run, Quake craft And hour glass,...
You can say tnt run is now in layer spleef, Yes the people that say that are right, But it is not the same.

Layer spleef is an anmazing game. Great work of the developers! This game mode is certainly My Favorite, you can take power-ups, If you fall down to another layer, are you in a new game mode (kind of spleef).

The new lobby is also anmazing. If you have an emerald rank+, you can enjoy this beautiful lobby! You miss a lot, If you dont have...

The Old lobby is bigger, have a Nice parkour, But I like more te new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Top Bottom