Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I'm a sucker for creative writing, and I'm also bored. So, here are ten maps I would like to see in Cubecraft :)

Skywars

Borealis (Team, 8)

There are only two islands on this eight-player map, splitting the players into two teams in a one vs. one deathmatch. Islands on this map represent two planets of the Solar System, Venus and Mercury. The background and ceiling, while inaccessible, is a luscious pixel-art of a night sky aurora, and the map will play in night time by default. The middle island is the sun, with strings of colourful blocks also representing an aurora, filling the massive gaps between the planets and star. The map will be approached through bridging at first, however after a certain point, you can reach middle in any direction by traversing the gorgeous blends of wool and clay blocks.

The Venus island will sadly not be bigger than the Mercury island, as to not give one team a noticeable advantage over the other. The only differences between the two islands will be the block pallet used.

upload_2017-8-3_23-17-26.png

Survival Games

Pompeii (Team, 16)

This two-player Team Survival Games map sees players fight to the death in Ancient Rome, as an active volcano threatens to destroy the city. The cornucopia is situated in the centre of the map as usual, in the forum, with Mt. Vesuvius looming over it. Players can climb the volcano, however falling into it will result in immediate death. Likewise, this is where the majority of loot can be found, however it's the most dangerous area to fight in. The safest areas of the map, such as the hills or the forum, will offer less loot.

Once there are three or fewer teams remaining, a world event will occur whereupon fire and lava will begin to fall from the sky. Where they will fall will be indicated by a dark grey clay block.

upload_2017-8-3_23-17-35.png

Paintball

Cube City

How cool would this be??? Obviously some things would have to be changed as to make it suitable for a Paintball map (i.e. adding points for cover, flanking routes etc.) but as a Free For All Paintball map, HOW COOL WOULD THIS BE???

upload_2017-8-3_23-17-45.png

FFA

Ancient Athens (50 players)
Are you a fan of claustrophobic spaces, open, rocky hills, and Greek architecture? Don't you just adore witnessing an empire in the making, with hoplites at the brink of war amidst the festivities of Hellenes? This map will see players roam the acropolis of Ancient Athens, looking for victims to smite in the fashion of the hoplites of old.

upload_2017-8-3_23-17-57.png

Moon base (60 players)
Witness the making of mankind's first ever moon-base. Jump Boost IV is globally active, as you advance through regions of a colony that cannot be navigated under the usual gravity of Earth. Make sure to equip your helmet (found in your inventory) before stepping out of the colony, and into the dead surface of this lunar nation's creation, or suffer a quick and painful death. This helmet will be a Mending I Iron Helmet on OP KitPvP, giving kits such as the Ninja a slight buff, and kits such as the Beast a minor nerf. Players will also have thirty levels of experience on them upon spawning, thus allowing you to repair your helmet by getting kills. Remember though, if it breaks on the lunar surface, it's over; you will die.
upload_2017-8-3_23-18-5.png

Suspension (40 players)
Afraid of heights? Players must traverse the Manhattan Bridge in a hellish setting, as broken down vehicles and debris create exploratory routes for them to navigate. Use vehicles to create vertical distance, and use cunning wit to make it across the two segregated lanes alive. Use a pair of Feather Falling boots given to you upon spawning in to seek holes in the ground, and fall onto ships below.These boots will be leather, and will again, slightly punish the Beast kit and compliment the Ninja kit.
upload_2017-8-3_23-18-11.png

Assassins

Pripyat

Within this Ukrainian ghost-town, a rusty Ferris wheel creaks in a radioactive breeze. Venture through apartment complexes and a lost amusement park as you search for loot to plunder and enemies to kill. The most profitable regions on this map however, are inhabited by especially high quantities of radiation. In these areas, your hunger and eventually your health will begin to deplete rapidly. Unlike in the shops, if you stay in these danger regions for too long, they will kill you. To explore them safely, you must purchase a thick leather chestplate from the armour shop. It offers little defence and has a low durability, so think twice before choosing to fight in these zones. Danger zones are identified by the Nausea I effect that they induce, as well as climbable fences with barrier symbols on them.

upload_2017-8-3_23-18-21.png

Eggwars

Origins (Team, 16)

Just do it already, what is taking you so long? This lobby was born to be a playable Eggwars map!! Btw, please develop this map so that I always spawn on the giraffe island because I like giraffes. Thanks lmao x

upload_2017-8-3_23-18-28.png

Boardwalk

There was no typo; I want this to become an Eggwars map. Evidently Eggwars’ map layout was inspired by the ever-so-popular Skywars gamemode, but do you ever wonder how successful the game would be if it hadn’t been? I sure do, hence this map suggestion. You’ll explore a boardwalk, harbour, beach, and amusements arcade in this epic map to destroy your enemies’ eggs. The game will obviously focus heavily on defending as opposed to attacking, since the spawns will be so easily accessible without a void separating you from everybody else. However, the locations of said eggs will be a little harder to get to. For instance, one will be inside a building, another will be on an island by the bridge, another at the end of the boardwalk itself, and another on a boat. Easily defended, but not easily camped. Blocks will be cheaper on this map, and will spawn with a layer of obsidian around them by default. This is to prevent rushes to eggs off the bat. Bows will obviously be less of a crutch weapon on this map, which can’t be further from a bad thing.
upload_2017-8-3_23-18-34.png

Swampland

Another experimental Eggwars map that I’d like to see, with bows again not being crutch weapons but very useful nonetheless. Players have to traverse deep rivers and gigantic trees, sometimes climbing them, to find generators and dragon eggs. Most eggs will be elevated to some degree, often times atop trees, though one of them will be in a large lily pad in the water. As to not give this particular spawn an advantage over the others, and to encourage people to traverse the mossy rivers, boots purchased on this map will come equipped with Depth Strider, minus leather boots. The Depth Strider level will correspond with the tier of armour purchased:

Leather boots = no Depth Strider; gg kid
Chain boots = Depth Strider I; not bad
Iron boots = Depth Strider II; hey, that's mildly adequate
Diamond boots = Depth Strider III; hey, that's pretty good

upload_2017-8-3_23-18-40.png

@Efcluke94 Hai

Last edited:
L

Lepzi

I didn't read it all in this short amount of time but I have seen all the maps you have suggested for what game and I love these ideas especially the pompeii map and ancient Athens I think they would be very cool to add.:D

Reactions: Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
how would 1 even do that
The setting could either be in outer space, or on something resembling natural terrain. The ceiling and backgrounds would be filled with pixelart resembling Aurora Borealis, and the map would be set at night time by default (sunset and day can still be voted for). The two islands will be far from middle, however art made from wool and clay will help you traverse that distance.

F

Facelurite

Lovely ideas . If only my threads got the same amount of attention :(

L

Lightning McQueen

About borealis , fix some sea lantern in there and It'd shine jollow. It could be an ice themed map. I love ice , makes playing so jumpy and fast.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
I'm a sucker for creative writing, and I'm also bored. So, here are ten maps I would like to see in Cubecraft :)

Skywars

Borealis (Team, 8)

There are only two islands on this eight-player map, splitting the players into two teams in a one vs. one deathmatch. Islands on this map represent two planets of the Solar System, Venus and Mercury. The background and ceiling, while inaccessible, is a luscious pixel-art of a night sky aurora, and the map will play in night time by default. The middle island is the sun, with strings of colourful blocks also representing an aurora, filling the massive gaps between the planets and star. The map will be approached through bridging at first, however after a certain point, you can reach middle in any direction by traversing the gorgeous blends of wool and clay blocks.

The Venus island will sadly not be bigger than the Mercury island, as to not give one team a noticeable advantage over the other. The only differences between the two islands will be the block pallet used.

View attachment 136064

Survival Games

Pompeii (Team, 16)

This two-player Team Survival Games map sees players fight to the death in Ancient Rome, as an active volcano threatens to destroy the city. The cornucopia is situated in the centre of the map as usual, in the forum, with Mt. Vesuvius looming over it. Players can climb the volcano, however falling into it will result in immediate death. Likewise, this is where the majority of loot can be found, however it's the most dangerous area to fight in. The safest areas of the map, such as the hills or the forum, will offer less loot.

Once there are three or fewer teams remaining, a world event will occur whereupon fire and lava will begin to fall from the sky. Where they will fall will be indicated by a dark grey clay block.

View attachment 136065

Paintball

Cube City

How cool would this be??? Obviously some things would have to be changed as to make it suitable for a Paintball map (i.e. adding points for cover, flanking routes etc.) but as a Free For All Paintball map, HOW COOL WOULD THIS BE???

View attachment 136066

FFA

Are you a fan of claustrophobic spaces, open, rocky hills, and Greek architecture? Don't you just adore witnessing an empire in the making, with hoplites at the brink of war amidst the festivities of Hellenes? This map will see players roam the acropolis of Ancient Athens, looking for victims to smite in the fashion of the hoplites of old.

View attachment 136067

Moon base (60 players)
Witness the making of mankind's first ever moon-base. Jump Boost IV is globally active, as you advance through regions of a colony that cannot be navigated under the usual gravity of Earth. Make sure to equip your helmet (found in your inventory) before stepping out of the colony, and into the dead surface of this lunar nation's creation, or suffer a quick and painful death. This helmet will be a Mending I Iron Helmet on OP KitPvP, giving kits such as the Ninja a slight buff, and kits such as the Beast a minor nerf. Players will also have thirty levels of experience on them upon spawning, thus allowing you to repair your helmet by getting kills. Remember though, if it breaks on the lunar surface, it's over; you will die.
View attachment 136068

Suspension (40 players)
Afraid of heights? Players must traverse the Manhattan Bridge in a hellish setting, as broken down vehicles and debris create exploratory routes for them to navigate. Use vehicles to create vertical distance, and use cunning wit to make it across the two segregated lanes alive. Use a pair of Feather Falling boots given to you upon spawning in to seek holes in the ground, and fall onto ships below.These boots will be leather, and will again, slightly punish the Beast kit and compliment the Ninja kit.
View attachment 136069

Assassins

Pripyat

Within this Ukrainian ghost-town, a rusty Ferris wheel creaks in a radioactive breeze. Venture through apartment complexes and a lost amusement park as you search for loot to plunder and enemies to kill. The most profitable regions on this map however, are inhabited by especially high quantities of radiation. In these areas, your hunger and eventually your health will begin to deplete rapidly. Unlike in the shops, if you stay in these danger regions for too long, they will kill you. To explore them safely, you must purchase a thick leather chestplate from the armour shop. It offers little defence and has a low durability, so think twice before choosing to fight in these zones. Danger zones are identified by the Nausea I effect that they induce, as well as climbable fences with barrier symbols on them.

View attachment 136070

Eggwars

Origins (Team, 16)

Just do it already, what is taking you so long? This lobby was born to be a playable Eggwars map!! Btw, please develop this map so that I always spawn on the giraffe island because I like giraffes. Thanks lmao x

View attachment 136071

Boardwalk

There was no typo; I want this to become an Eggwars map. Evidently Eggwars’ map layout was inspired by the ever-so-popular Skywars gamemode, but do you ever wonder how successful the game would be if it hadn’t been? I sure do, hence this map suggestion. You’ll explore a boardwalk, harbour, beach, and amusements arcade in this epic map to destroy your enemies’ eggs. The game will obviously focus heavily on defending as opposed to attacking, since the spawns will be so easily accessible without a void separating you from everybody else. However, the locations of said eggs will be a little harder to get to. For instance, one will be inside a building, another will be on an island by the bridge, another at the end of the boardwalk itself, and another on a boat. Easily defended, but not easily camped. Blocks will be cheaper on this map, and will spawn with a layer of obsidian around them by default. This is to prevent rushes to eggs off the bat. Bows will obviously be less of a crutch weapon on this map, which can’t be further from a bad thing. View attachment 136072

Swampland

Another experimental Eggwars map that I’d like to see, with bows again not being crutch weapons but very useful nonetheless. Players have to traverse deep rivers and gigantic trees, sometimes climbing them, to find generators and dragon eggs. Most eggs will be elevated to some degree, often times atop trees, though one of them will be in a large lily pad in the water. As to not give this particular spawn an advantage over the others, and to encourage people to traverse the mossy rivers, boots purchased on this map will come equipped with Depth Strider, minus leather boots. The Depth Strider level will correspond with the tier of armour purchased:

View attachment 136073

@Efcluke94 Hai
Creative ideas! :P

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda

Skywars

Borealis (Team, 8)

View attachment 136064

Survival Games

Pompeii (Team, 16)

View attachment 136065

Paintball

Cube City

View attachment 136066

FFA

View attachment 136067

Moon base (60 players)
View attachment 136068

Suspension (40 players)
View attachment 136069

Assassins

Pripyat

View attachment 136070

Eggwars

Origins (Team, 16)

View attachment 136071

Boardwalk

There was no typo; I want this to become an Eggwars map. Evidently Eggwars’ map layout was inspired by the ever-so-popular Skywars gamemode, but do you ever wonder how successful the game would be if it hadn’t been? I sure do, hence this map suggestion. You’ll explore a boardwalk, harbour, beach, and amusements arcade in this epic map to destroy your enemies’ eggs. The game will obviously focus heavily on defending as opposed to attacking, since the spawns will be so easily accessible without a void separating you from everybody else. However, the locations of said eggs will be a little harder to get to. For instance, one will be inside a building, another will be on an island by the bridge, another at the end of the boardwalk itself, and another on a boat. Easily defended, but not easily camped. Blocks will be cheaper on this map, and will spawn with a layer of obsidian around them by default. This is to prevent rushes to eggs off the bat. Bows will obviously be less of a crutch weapon on this map, which can’t be further from a bad thing. View attachment 136072

Swampland

View attachment 136073

@Efcluke94 Hai
I love them so much! Nice idea!

L

Lightning McQueen

By far the moonbase idea is the best. I want to see shrek in the swampland map , rename it to Shrek's swamp

Reactions: Sophie
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thjis wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Bday Skate 🎉
Basketman wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday pinky! 🎉🥳
UncleSpect wrote on Dajidus's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom