Votes: 25 80.6%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potatoes!

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
N

Nikboo

This really should happen. Most people who are banned for teaming, get reported and are banned about a week later. It is most likely that they won't even see their ban, and they would just bypass the punishment. I fully support this. @Mac

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
It's a neat idea, but here's the thing:

A. That guy is clearly lying. A ban for teaming lasts 24 hours; the only way he'd be unbanned in one hour is if he appealed and the staffer that banned him replied super quickly.

B. Bans stack. Get banned multiple times and we will see it. More bans lets us know you're not gonna learn from your mistakes, so when you appeal, we deny.

Maybe we could implement some sort of bonus ban, where you get an extra month after your Xth ban.

N

Nikboo

A. That guy is clearly lying. A ban for teaming lasts 24 hours; the only way he'd be unbanned in one hour is if he appealed and the staffer that banned him replied super quickly.

B. Bans stack. Get banned multiple times and we will see it. More bans lets us know you're not gonna learn from your mistakes, so when you appeal, we deny.

Maybe we could implement some sort of bonus ban, where you get an extra month after your Xth ban.

I think it is more to do with the player seeing the ban and learning that teaming is against the rules, than an extra ban.
For example, if someone teams one day and gets reported and the report is accepted a day later, the player might have gone on holiday on the day he is banned. This means he wouldn't be able to know the fact that he is banned, and that teaming is against the rules.

Personally I think you should announce the fact that teaming is banneable as a title on your screen at the beginning of the game but then if a player teams, and gets reported due to a player warning him then reporting him, he would have had 2 warnings. (One from a player and one from the server). If adding this, due to the fact that he gets 2 warnings instead on one, he could be banned for a longer period of time, such as three days or even one week.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Here's a good idea to go with the teaming ban. I've seen Hive and MCSG use this back then and it works most of the time unless the teamers use skype or another 3rd-party chat system.

-Make solo games scramble player names and skins. That means players get a completely different name and a different skin. This is Hive/MCSG's way to combat teaming. Any games you play on solo still count on your records.
-Disable ALL chat during the solo game. No PM and no public chat. Attempting to chat will say, "You are currently in a solo game. Wait until the end of the game." This is to prevent players from talking to each other during a game, since in most cases it's to have illegal teams communicate with each other for supplies or form teams.

Now, what about /fmsg from friends on a different game? How are you going to talk to friends? The solution: have an inbox so that the recipient can read them when he's back from the solo game. The player can type /f inbox or similar to read any messages he/she received during the solo match.

-Big warning message at the start of any solo game. In big letters, all players are warned that teaming will result in a ban.
-Separate ban system to work with the current one. Instead of a ban from the server for 24 hours, make it so the teamer is banned for 7 days on SOLO GAMES ONLY (can still log on and play team mode, team-based games and PvP) on the first offense. Second offense = 7 day ban from the server. Third offense = permanent ban from all solo games (this includes other solo mode games on the server such as egg/sky wars, lucky islands, and SG) + an extended ban from the server (2 weeks?)

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly

A, yeah he was probably lying, but the point is that there's a chance that he won't even notice he's banned because he might not have come online that day anyway, because some test or some other reason.
B, true.

That would be nice :)

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

98/100

all that effort and despite getting a perfect score from my superiors i never got a perfect score in my work immersion subject
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom