Not open for further replies.

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
2020-05-07_21-02-10-png.164286

Hello everyone!
I would like to present this map for Team Skywars, me and my team friends created a map called: Ruins.
We would love to hear any feedback and any improvements or changes to the map.

2020-05-07_20.46.08.png
2020-05-07_20-46-08-png.164292

Pictures for the map using a (Default texture pack)

• Started islands:
https://imgur.com/a/844sgFT

• Middle islands:
https://imgur.com/a/tyr0LlE

• Overview:
https://imgur.com/a/KkWRfL2

Pictures (using shader)

Description:

- Amount of players: 16
-Amount of Teams: 2

Island chests:

- Amount chest on starter island: 22
- Amount of chest on middle island: 24

Note: We created this map based on the fact that there are a few maps above 8 players, in this case 8 &10, this does not mean feedback should be received and each comment will be analyzed in the post. I hope the team of builders can leave any kind of comment about it.

Creators: @KrocsOnDelPra @SeapClient @CarlGamii and me @JoSeziTo

So thanks for taking the time guys!

-JoSeziTo

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
I voted no because there is lack luster detailing and it's very messy like @ItzEnd3r said, it's plain and dull. It seems very big which could be problematic for this map and overall I feel like it's not up to standards with Cubecraft. Sorry, but my vote is no.

We appreciated any comment! Thank you @_The13thDoctor_

I vote no for all the reason stated above, I also feel like the starter islands are a bit too close to mid.

From mistakes we can learn, thanks for your comment! We appreciated and take into account.

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
The starter islands are very close to mid. The starter island coloring looks messy as the colors don't fit with each other. The starter islands are literally squares and they look very very flat. The middle is an exact circle, most likely with the command //cyl.

The middle trees look boring or they are vanilla trees. There are lots of vines which can cause lag and lacking a part of gameplay of the map.

I voted no.
don't use font pls it hurts many eyes.

Reactions: _JoSee

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hey, thank you for taking the time to create a map submission.
Though at it's current state I will vote no since I can notice a few issues.

- The ground
This is a flaw that I continue to see every time when a map submission is made. It's all just completely random! As if someone decided to type //replace 50%gras,50%dirt and stick with it. Using tools such as GoPaint, or alternatively //brush sphere, you should try to organise it a bit more.
For example, below if a map submission from ItzEnd3r, who I had given the same advice regarding the ground and he executed my feedback flawelessly!
rkut2Ir.png

screen-shot-2020-04-30-at-7-52-11-am-png.163655
I really recommend using the GoPaint tool, with preferably the Spray or Splatter brush if you have this available since it will help you a lot.
On a side note you should try experimenting adding little clusters of coarse dirt between the podzol and grass since gras on podzol can work but doesn't get a beauty award either, but just experiment with adding some other brown colored blocks.

- The temple
The structure and shape of the temple isn't horrible. There may perhaps be a few points where I would have added some personal preferences which others in return would add different things. But hooohhh that's a lot of vines wouldn't you say so! I definitly get the idea behind the vines, to make it look overgrown. My advice to make it look overgrown without spamming vines all over it goes as following:
Remove all vines, and build your own vines using leaves and make sure to keep some open space so it's not covered everywhere. Alternatively to make it look overgrown I would add some plants and small trees on the building itself (like on the roof). Remove some of the stone brick blocks for grass patches as if natur is growing on top of it. But be careful not to over-do it since then there is no space left for people to walk.

- Grant acces to the roof
We all hate it when someone is camping on top of a large area in the sky do we not? That was something I had to keep in mind when building the Team Lucky Islands: Athens map. I built a simular structure there (a greek / roman temple). I fixed that issue by adding 4 stairs that go up the roof. This is something small that can easily be added to your map.

- The island is just a rectangle
In most cases we always add some blocks underneath the island to make it look more ''natural''. Though if you do not like the looks of it something different you can do is look at the Solo SkyWars: Bamboo map (also made by me). Here I also had square islands, but I made sure the sides out of brick to make it look better then just a square of dirt and gras.

- The island is just so empty
Aside from your brick path and fountains it's just all empty! In your case I imagine it would be best to add small ruins / walls / shrines and trees / plants around the island to give it a jungle-ish vibe. (Jungle theme is optional, it's just that whenever someone builds a brick temple I think of a jungle area).

- Bone mealed trees
A golden rule is to never add vanilla Minecraft trees to your map. It just look so... weird..? If you have trouble building custom trees I always recommend to just watch YouTube tutorials and get more experienced in them. (WorldEdit is highly recommended when placing the leaves).

This is the feedback I can give you for the moment. I think it is best to first change these asthetics and see if there may be any other changes needed to the map afterwards.

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Hey, thank you for taking the time to create a map submission.
Though at it's current state I will vote no since I can notice a few issues.

- The ground
This is a flaw that I continue to see every time when a map submission is made. It's all just completely random! As if someone decided to type //replace 50%gras,50%dirt and stick with it. Using tools such as GoPaint, or alternatively //brush sphere, you should try to organise it a bit more.
For example, below if a map submission from ItzEnd3r, who I had given the same advice regarding the ground and he executed my feedback flawelessly!
rkut2Ir.png

screen-shot-2020-04-30-at-7-52-11-am-png.163655
I really recommend using the GoPaint tool, with preferably the Spray or Splatter brush if you have this available since it will help you a lot.
On a side note you should try experimenting adding little clusters of coarse dirt between the podzol and grass since gras on podzol can work but doesn't get a beauty award either, but just experiment with adding some other brown colored blocks.

- The temple
The structure and shape of the temple isn't horrible. There may perhaps be a few points where I would have added some personal preferences which others in return would add different things. But hooohhh that's a lot of vines wouldn't you say so! I definitly get the idea behind the vines, to make it look overgrown. My advice to make it look overgrown without spamming vines all over it goes as following:
Remove all vines, and build your own vines using leaves and make sure to keep some open space so it's not covered everywhere. Alternatively to make it look overgrown I would add some plants and small trees on the building itself (like on the roof). Remove some of the stone brick blocks for grass patches as if natur is growing on top of it. But be careful not to over-do it since then there is no space left for people to walk.

- Grant acces to the roof
We all hate it when someone is camping on top of a large area in the sky do we not? That was something I had to keep in mind when building the Team Lucky Islands: Athens map. I built a simular structure there (a greek / roman temple). I fixed that issue by adding 4 stairs that go up the roof. This is something small that can easily be added to your map.

- The island is just a rectangle
In most cases we always add some blocks underneath the island to make it look more ''natural''. Though if you do not like the looks of it something different you can do is look at the Solo SkyWars: Bamboo map (also made by me). Here I also had square islands, but I made sure the sides out of brick to make it look better then just a square of dirt and gras.

- The island is just so empty
Aside from your brick path and fountains it's just all empty! In your case I imagine it would be best to add small ruins / walls / shrines and trees / plants around the island to give it a jungle-ish vibe. (Jungle theme is optional, it's just that whenever someone builds a brick temple I think of a jungle area).

- Bone mealed trees
A golden rule is to never add vanilla Minecraft trees to your map. It just look so... weird..? If you have trouble building custom trees I always recommend to just watch YouTube tutorials and get more experienced in them. (WorldEdit is highly recommended when placing the leaves).

This is the feedback I can give you for the moment. I think it is best to first change these asthetics and see if there may be any other changes needed to the map afterwards.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check our map and give the respective feedback we appreciate it so much and we will take into account each comment to retry again in the future with something better :)

Reactions: Fqnta

ValeHundred

Novice Member
Jan 26, 2020
Well, first you can't upload a map with shaders or can you? If I remember correctly, what luck went up says but leaving that aside the islands are very square I would like to see a little more shape, that's why I put a no: D but good job!

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Well, first you can't upload a map with shaders or can you? If I remember correctly, what luck went up says but leaving that aside the islands are very square I would like to see a little more shape, that's why I put a no: D but good job!

Thanks for your feedback!

This looks incredible, an obvious yes from me.

Thanks for taking your time and check our map!

Jun 3, 2020
I vote no because the islands are a square shape its also too close to the mid
The mid desgin is kind of weird like i think that you used alot of glow stone? Is that even glow stone i cant see because of the shader

Vict0r

Jun 5, 2020
Hello there,

I would like to see something about the terrain. If I were you, I would add some hills or something like that near both bases. However, I like the idea!

D

Deleted member 421664

Hey!

I wouldn't like that map, Reason: the map huge for skywars, it is would be nice for eggwars.

Fqnta

Apr 2, 2020
Somewhere
First off, it looks great nice work, but I think it could use a bit more terraining in it. Some custom tree's would look nice and would fit the theme and make the middle island tree's custom. Also as the others said it looks a bit like //replacenear. Maybe you can add something big in the inside off the building, like some off-road cars. These are my tips, I hope you can do something with it!

~Fqnta:)

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Hello JoSeziTo, thank you for your efforts in submitting this.

Unfortunately, the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:
  • The starter islands very simple: they seem to be square islands with a temple on it.
  • Same goes for the middle island: it is a circle with a build and some trees on top of it. Although, the building on the middle looks interesting.
  • The semi mids seem to be placed very strangly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom