Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to discover this map on CubeCraft games?

• Yes, I'd love to!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No, but I've got some tips for you to improve the map (let me know)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No, it's ugly lol

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThijssieYT

Nov 20, 2019
157366-7e43f28da23575d19ac3aac54d5c23e8.jpg

Hey all!
So, I made a Team Skywars map for the CubeCraft games server with the theme: Electricity. And I know, Cubecraft already has a map connected to the theme Electricity (T.Eggwars: Powerlines) but I thought it would be a great idea to make a map with this theme in Team Skywars as well. I used a lot of creativity to bring this map together and I hope you guys enjoy discovering this map on your own or with your friends (if it gets accepted).

If you'd like to see more pictures of the map you can click this link: https://imgur.com/a/ryzOSWX

My inspiration to build this map came from a famous building called 'The Wardenclyff Tower' (also known as the Tower of Tesla). This tower is the source of all the powered systems in the area, like the electric loaded balls on the starter islands, the mobile phones, the power lines, and even your own computer. If you've looked closely, you might have seen that the tower took down 2 little houses near the main building. I made this to give the map the look of an adventure by representing a danger if you come to close to the Tower.

But, that's not relevant at all, is it? So let's go to the data of the map:
-The map can house 16 players in total (4 players each starter island).
-Every starter Island has 9 chests (Every player can open 2 chests), wood.
-Middle Island has 22 chests, wood, and resources.
-Every 'Power line island' has 4 chests, leaves, and lots of yellow water.
-The entire map has a 'Star-form'. When you look at the upper-perspective, you'll see that it's not round.
-I built this map in an estimated 10 hours.
-I built this map myself, there weren't any helpers who helped me building this map.

If this map gets accepted, I'll be very happy. Not just for myself, but also for you guys, because you would be able to explore this wonderful creation of mine.
If you have a different opinion or some tips to improve the map you can let me know on Discord: Thijs#6568 or you can tell me at the forums down below ⬇

~ThijssieYT

Attachments

• 2019-11-24_18.16.09.png
    2019-11-24_18.16.09.png
    752.4 KB · Views: 171

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
157366-7e43f28da23575d19ac3aac54d5c23e8.jpg

Hey all!
So, I made a Team Skywars map for the CubeCraft games server with the theme: Electricity. And I know, Cubecraft already has a map connected to the theme Electricity (T.Eggwars: Powerlines) but I thought it would be a great idea to make a map with this theme in Team Skywars as well. I used a lot of creativity to bring this map together and I hope you guys enjoy discovering this map on your own or with your friends (if it gets accepted).

If you'd like to see more pictures of the map you can click this link: https://imgur.com/a/ryzOSWX

My inspiration to build this map came from a famous building called 'The Wardenclyff Tower' (also known as the Tower of Tesla). This tower is the source of all the powered systems in the area, like the electric loaded balls on the starter islands, the mobile phones, the power lines, and even your own computer. If you've looked closely, you might have seen that the tower took down 2 little houses near the main building. I made this to give the map the look of an adventure by representing a danger if you come to close to the Tower.

But, that's not relevant at all, is it? So let's go to the data of the map:
-The map can house 16 players in total (4 players each starter island).
-Every starter Island has 9 chests (Every player can open 2 chests), wood.
-Middle Island has 22 chests, wood, and resources.
-Every 'Power line island' has 4 chests, leaves, and lots of yellow water.
-The entire map has a 'Star-form'. When you look at the upper-perspective, you'll see that it's not round.
-I built this map in an estimated 10 hours.
-I built this map myself, there weren't any helpers who helped me building this map.

If this map gets accepted, I'll be very happy. Not just for myself, but also for you guys, because you would be able to explore this wonderful creation of mine.
If you have a different opinion or some tips to improve the map you can let me know on Discord: Thijs#6568 or you can tell me at the forums down below ⬇

~ThijssieYT

O.M.G This build makes my submission look like a joke. This is a terrific map! +1592634926549862525235

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
The map looks really nice! This island is closer to the spawn island than the other (same on the other sides). I think you have to mirror it to get the same distance.
upload_2019-11-24_21-28-20.jpeg

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I'm gonna start off by saying you have formatted the post incorrectly. You have to add the poll in the right format or it could be seen as biased.

I'm not sure why everyone is voting yes on this because I'm seeing detail missing EVERYWHERE.
It definitely has the potential but more details are needed.

First issue I've spotted is the one block thick layer of dirt on every island. This is far too sharp of a contrast and looks completely unnatural.
Your style of having gradients on the floating islands is interesting but seems out of place when comparing it to other maps on server so would probably have to be made more in line with the others.

Then the buildings: can you get much more bare bones than this? There are others but it seems to be a reoccurring theme.
upload_2019-11-25_0-14-4.png

I'm really not a fan of the dirt as a building material. I know It's the colour you are looking for but people know it's dirt so you can't really treat it like it's something else.

Then there's the issue of the islands being too flat. Going overkill on the bumpy is bad for PvP but going the extreme opposite is just as bad.

upload_2019-11-25_0-26-37.png

Looking at this small snippet alone, I can see various issues.
Why random flowers in a position that makes no sense?
Why is there such a weird shape for the elevated ground.
What on earth does the blue carpet mean?
Why is there path there and basically nowhere else on the map?
Why is that wall made entirely out of sandstone? Can't you incorporate any colour, depth or texture apart from a few gaps?
Why the fence and stump that is completely inconsistent with everywhere else?

What it looks like you have here is the basics for a map but without nearly all the details.
You need to make sure it all fits together with consistent details. You have a massive build here so it will take multiple hours work out but will work out if sorted out everywhere but will certainly be multiple times better.

At the moment, this reminds me too much of the Blockwars map nuclear. Flat colours, clunky and without enough crucial detail. Maybe a powerplant may look like that. But that's not what anyone would want to look at.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I’m a bit doubtful about this map. For some reason this really reminds me of a (removed?) solo player map. It kinda has the same blocks and buildings. No idea anymore what it was/is called. It was an oil pump or something like that.

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Hey! This map looks pretty cool, but there are a lot of things that can be improved on.
I quite like the builds, but the colour scheme of the islands throws me off so much: I don't feel like podzol fits the theme Electricity. The mountain with the plasma bulb looks really out of place. The terraforming of the islands looks pretty good, but then you suddenly have on layer for the ground which looks weird. The tower on the middle is maybe a bit too high and can encourage camping. The towers on the sub-middle are looking good, it's just... I think you forgot to flip one of the silands, because now they're facing the same way :p

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Created a flat creative world to build things in with my friends from school. Gimme suggestions for things to build 👀
Today marks an important and big milestone in my cubecraft career. Today I hit vip level 30. I am so excited to finally reach this milestone. Here is me in the lobby of my favorite game to celebrate this moment! (Plus I get to fly now and that is pretty cool).
13c86346-958a-4645-aafe-5b759968ac28.png
Tommy Boi wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything!
My branch box died so needed to buy another one haha. Before that, I told my mother that something special would happen but I didn't know what then I walked to my room to work on projects. Then everything connected to it died so I went to the store and bought it xD (also fire alarms and some other things.) (I think rendering videos starting to take a toll on my PC) Have a good rest of your day!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Typicaaal's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom