Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Okay ever since they changed Tea Party (The new castle pillars and huge hole under the middle map) I've noticed there has been an issue with FPS. I went from being able to record with fancy settings(such as 16 render distance, all particles on, fancy graphics etc.) and was able to reach 200+ fps constantly
Now I can't even reach consistent 100fps(without recording) with all my settings to the lowest (8 render distance, all particles off, all quality turned to fast/off)
I don't think the pillars are an issue, I believe its caused by the huge hole under the map. A friend of mine suggested it might be due to the lighting updates that the hole causes. If its over the void, then that means there needs to be lighting updates for every block down to y0
I don't know the exact specifics, but I know for a fact that there has been a major decrease in fps whenever I play Tea Party.
Also I noticed my fps on Food became terrible, maybe its also because that all the maps might have been moved upwards, which causes even more FPS issues
This is ridiculous, and I know for a fact that many people have also noticed the FPS change, but I don't see anyone complaining on the forums
Thoughts?

Reactions: EGIIIIIIIIRL

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Okay ever since they changed Tea Party (The new castle pillars and huge hole under the middle map) I've noticed there has been an issue with FPS. I went from being able to record with fancy settings(such as 16 render distance, all particles on, fancy graphics etc.) and was able to reach 200+ fps constantly
Now I can't even reach consistent 100fps(without recording) with all my settings to the lowest (8 render distance, all particles off, all quality turned to fast/off)
I don't think the pillars are an issue, I believe its caused by the huge hole under the map. A friend of mine suggested it might be due to the lighting updates that the hole causes. If its over the void, then that means there needs to be lighting updates for every block down to y0
I don't know the exact specifics, but I know for a fact that there has been a major decrease in fps whenever I play Tea Party.
Also I noticed my fps on Food became terrible, maybe its also because that all the maps might have been moved upwards, which causes even more FPS issues
This is ridiculous, and I know for a fact that many people have also noticed the FPS change, but I don't see anyone complaining on the forums
Thoughts?
Whether the old or new Tea Party version, in my opinion, both, are quite laggy. I believe the FPS issue arises from the vast amount of generators on the map center since most of the time those chunks are loaded in so it keeps those generators spawning resources. Now, if have ever used F3+B, which shows you their hitbox, if you look at each resource that is generated in, each one is always facing a different direction, they also won't stack. I believe that for each resource that generates in, facing an opposing direction, each will be counted as an entity, where if you have too many entities in one chunk you may experience FPS issues. The solution towards this issue may be in changing how many generators are located at the center of this map.

Reactions: Fail and SpringWarz

ItsMaxxie

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2017
Thoughts?
buy a better PC

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands
Teaparty has Always been a 'bit more laggy' then other maps due the big buildings it needs to render.
Although i didn't noticed any 'more lagg' since the update.

Btw, I definetly think the update is very nice, no more running and running and keep running chasing someone whos low geared..!

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
That map is just really big. it has a high player count and a very high block count. i dont have an insane computer but i can get around 200 to 300 fps on there. (150 to 250 while recording) There is little to nothing cubecraft can do about this. Yes they could change the map to be smaller but still people are going to complain about the map being laggy because not everyone has a computer that is powerful enough to run that map. Minecraft to its surprise is not a super easy game to run. I suggest getting optifine if you have not already and use that. Also UI mods like 5zig and labymod have caused lag for people with lower spec computers, (mostly people who are lacking in the cpu department) But if you have atleast 4 cores and a decent gpu that should not be an issue.

Reactions: Fedde2001

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
What i'm saying, is them moving the map higher and removing middle has definitely caused some FPS issues

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
What i'm saying, is them moving the map higher and removing middle has definitely caused some FPS issues
Removing the bottom middle of the map would improve fps. less block count and less things to render. if you have ever looked into the void while playing you will notice a massive boost in fps. i can get over 1000fps when looking into the void. also moving the map hire should really not effect anything.

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Removing the bottom middle of the map would improve fps. less block count and less things to render. if you have ever looked into the void while playing you will notice a massive boost in fps. i can get over 1000fps when looking into the void. also moving the map hire should really not effect anything.
I believe it is due to the light levels, removing the bottom middle, and move the map higher, causes the world to scan every light level all the way to the nearest block, since middle is not there, it scans even further, which can cause lag
Or something like that

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
Top Bottom