Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Alpha_VampWolf

Sep 13, 2015
So I just got iron rank and I really love the TD game mode, and my favourite map I havent seen lately (candy) and I was trying to join a game with the map selector and it wasnt working, so I just wanted to check on here to see if I am doing something wrong or if the map selector for TD is bugged at the moment.

ToonBer

Moderator 🍰
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 13, 2021
The country of beer and chocolate
So I just got iron rank and I really love the TD game mode, and my favourite map I havent seen lately (candy) and I was trying to join a game with the map selector and it wasnt working, so I just wanted to check on here to see if I am doing something wrong or if the map selector for TD is bugged at the moment.
Some maps aren’t actif on that moment or they have to rollback. So you can’t click/join them.

Alpha_VampWolf

Sep 13, 2015
Some maps aren’t actif on that moment or they have to rollback. So you can’t click/join them.
I get that, but literally only 1 or 2 maps are selectable at all times, the ones that have a game being played on it already, or has a lobby open already. Seems kind of stupid to have the perk if its not even useable, in my opinion.

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
Do you mean by it saying „Unable to find a server” for the map?

Well, that's something because CubeCraft only have limited server allocated to a specific game. The way you should do it, is to wait in the map selection menu, wait all the way until the currently groups of people are entering their game, so you click the map you want to play at that exact moment. Because there is no map available for players to join, the server has to open a new map for you, and it will open the map you choose.

Well, if you are angry and wonder why they have to do something like this, imagine a group of malicious players, each open a different BungeeCord server (map) on their own. That will cost the CubeCraft having a lot of BungeeCord servers open for them, but actually they won't have enough players to start the game. They will occupy the valuable server resouces, but not actually playing games. CubeCraft has this function in place to prevent that kinds of malicious incidents, but I understand it is really a little bit annoying sometimes.

Alpha_VampWolf

Sep 13, 2015
Do you mean by it saying „Unable to find a server” for the map?

Well, that's something because CubeCraft only have limited server allocated to a specific game. The way you should do it, is to wait in the map selection menu, wait all the way until the currently groups of people are entering their game, so you click the map you want to play at that exact moment. Because there is no map available for players to join, the server has to open a new map for you, and it will open the map you choose.

Well, if you are angry and wonder why they have to do something like this, imagine a group of malicious players, each open a different BungeeCord server (map) on their own. That will cost the CubeCraft having a lot of BungeeCord servers open for them, but actually they won't have enough players to start the game. They will occupy the valuable server resouces, but not actually playing games. CubeCraft has this function in place to prevent that kinds of malicious incidents, but I understand it is really a little bit annoying sometimes.
Ah okay, that makes sense, ill try that when I log on next thank you! If they have issues of people spamming lobbies they could just make the map selection a higher rank requirement so its less likely to happen. Granted more irritating for players, but at least it would allow players to choose a map, or have it so that it sets up a queue perhaps, so instead of saying cant find, that you just put the map on queue so it becomes available next and sends you in when its open, I think that would be a really good idea to keep it at the same rank and allow people to not have to sit and wait for the right moment to click a map

Reactions: KLsz
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom