Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Total voters

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Targeting is getting out of hand now.
Since the new PVP "Fix" it is legit impossible to stop targeters. I mean its already hard enough as it is to beat hackers and teamers but if you're getting targeted its legit unplayable.
Leader board players have no benefits so 9/10 of the games I go into someone recognises me and targets me.
Its getting really annoying now and is making the game unplayable.

Edit: It should only be banable if the person who killed you makes it clear they targeted you because of your name or because you do YT or because you're a LB player, etc.

Last edited:

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I don't think so,

I feel like its a legit strategy. If you maybe aren't the best at pvp and see a player who you know is really good, it would make sense to target them early in the game and potentially kill them. Since earlier in the game you have a better chance to get them killed rather than later when gear is more even and you know they will easily kill you. Yes for the good player this strategy is annoying but it also makes sense for the player targeting at the same time.

I'm a leaderboard player myself and I have run into other good players sometimes, and I usually go for them the moment I see them because I know if I can get them out of the game quick then my chances of winning increase by quite a bit.

I definitely see the frustration but I personally think its a viable strategy, although it can be annoying like bow spamming or other tactics people aren't a fan of.

Now for the PVP "Fix" Redned stated they will be reverting that and that the strafing and sprint in general will return to how we have all known it to be on cubecraft for bedrock.

Reactions: Queen Ualala

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
You can overpower targeting, generally its only one person, majority of the people on Bedrock dont even check the player list so I dont think its that common.

I dont think you can know for certain if someone targeted you because of your leaderboard position, that seems more like you're speculating to me. You have to accept that as a leaderboard player you are going to get focused because people need you out of the game, they know you are good so they need any chance they can to rid of you so they can win.

I think the other solution to this issue is to allow players to hide their username from the leaderboard, rather than punishing the people who are tactically focusing you.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I don't think so,

I feel like its a legit strategy. If you maybe aren't the best at pvp and see a player who you know is really good, it would make sense to target them early in the game and potentially kill them. Since earlier in the game you have a better chance to get them killed rather than later when gear is more even and you know they will easily kill you. Yes for the good player this strategy is annoying but it also makes sense for the player targeting at the same time.

I'm a leaderboard player myself and I have run into other good players sometimes, and I usually go for them the moment I see them because I know if I can get them out of the game quick then my chances of winning increase by quite a bit.

I definitely see the frustration but I personally think its a viable strategy, although it can be annoying like bow spamming or other tactics people aren't a fan of.

Now for the PVP "Fix" Redned stated they will be reverting that and that the strafing and sprint in general will return to how we have all known it to be on cubecraft for bedrock.
That's a bad view point imo. It's not a strategy at all its legit just annoying and ruins the game

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
You can overpower targeting, generally its only one person, majority of the people on Bedrock dont even check the player list so I dont think its that common.

I dont think you can know for certain if someone targeted you because of your leaderboard position, that seems more like you're speculating to me. You have to accept that as a leaderboard player you are going to get focused because people need you out of the game, they know you are good so they need any chance they can to rid of you so they can win.

I think the other solution to this issue is to allow players to hide their username from the leaderboard, rather than punishing the people who are tactically focusing you.
Not really speculation if they tell you?

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Rather than ban players, why don’t leaderboard players just get /nick then... other than that, good suggestion +1
Yeah I recommended that at first but staff don't really watch these, they're here to make it look like something will happen

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I don’t think I agree with this suggestion. We can never know for sure if a player/players are targeting you. I do agree that it can be frustrating when player targets you, but there can be ways around it. If it’s the cosmetics that make players target you, you could possibly change your Usernames Colour to default (dark grey), and change your cage to default. I know this can be annoying, but if you have your Username Colour set to grey, it may make you blend into the crowd so that hopefully targeters don’t see you join. Having your cage set to default would also help. You should also note that only those with the YouTube rank can change their nickname, so I’m afraid there is nothing you can do about players seeing you username, apart from using an alternative Xbox account.

However, I do think that if players are caught in the chat saying something around the lines of “let’s all go for [anyone’s gamertag],” and then does team up on that one player, that should result in a kick or temporary ban. That way players that target know not to do it again.

+1
P.S. Keep up the good work with the YouTube videos 😄

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Hi there,
I don’t think I agree with this suggestion. We can never know for sure if a player/players are targeting you. I do agree that it can be frustrating when player targets you, but there can be ways around it. If it’s the cosmetics that make players target you, you could possibly change your Usernames Colour to default (dark grey), and change your cage to default. I know this can be annoying, but if you have your Username Colour set to grey, it may make you blend into the crowd so that hopefully targeters don’t see you join. Having your cage set to default would also help. You should also note that only those with the YouTube rank can change their nickname, so I’m afraid there is nothing you can do about players seeing you username, apart from using an alternative Xbox account.

However, I do think that if players are caught in the chat saying something around the lines of “let’s all go for [anyone’s gamertag],” and then does team up on that one player, that should result in a kick or temporary ban. That way players that target know not to do it again.

+1
P.S. Keep up the good work with the YouTube videos 😄
Yeah I like this one, make it banable only if they make it clear it was their intention!

Also thanks :)

Pcddle

Novice Member
Nov 18, 2018
Noo York
www.youtube.com
Hey, I see where you coming from but I mean if that was a rule, mostly a lot of people would be banned. If someone sees you are like half a heart, why wouldn't they kill you? Targetting is what you'd have to deal with at times if you ever in a game. But, that would ruin most of the games on Cubecraft of that was a rule. Besides, at some point on PvPing on Cubecraft or any other server, you probably target as well.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Hey, I see where you coming from but I mean if that was a rule, mostly a lot of people would be banned. If someone sees you are like half a heart, why wouldn't they kill you? Targetting is what you'd have to deal with at times if you ever in a game. But, that would ruin most of the games on Cubecraft of that was a rule. Besides, at some point on PvPing on Cubecraft or any other server, you probably target as well.
See i realised I worded my original thread wrong. I mean if they target you and then tell you its because of the lb etc. Only if they specify you were targeted because of your name not because they saw an easy kill.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
are you on the bedrock leaderboards? Could be a lot more common if someone is on the leaderboards.
I've been on java leaderboards & staff on both platforms, I also know that people on Bedrock do not speak and a fraction of them even check the leaderboard. I dont think we should pretend that only people on leaderboards on Bedrock specifically can comment on this suggestion.

It's very unlikely that this will get added to the rules, so again I'll post my other solution which is more likely to happen.
- Make it so you can hide your presence in the leaderboard, so when people see it, it says [HIDDEN].

Reactions: FloLoFlo

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I've been on java leaderboards & staff on both platforms, I also know that people on Bedrock do not speak and a fraction of them even check the leaderboard. I dont think we should pretend that only people on leaderboards on Bedrock specifically can comment on this suggestion.

It's very unlikely that this will get added to the rules, so again I'll post my other solution which is more likely to happen.
- Make it so you can hide your presence in the leaderboard, so when people see it, it says [HIDDEN].
Or maybe just give the top 50 the ability to Nick.

I feel like everyone who disagrees only does because they target, you wouldn't be worried to argue against me unless you knew you were someone who targeted

Reactions: RelatedNoobs
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Cool 🐧
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Top Bottom