Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I'd actually like to have a warning shown to people spam clicking with swords.

Perhaps every time somebody clicks a certain number of times in rapid succession, they'll receive a line of dialogue in their chat that informs them that they're doing it wrong.

For example:
'This is a 1.9+ game - Spam-clicking is ineffective, try timing your hits! For assistance, toggle your combat indicator via your settings'

idk, spam-clickers are quite annoying

@MagnificentSpook 's idea btw

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Perhaps every time somebody clicks a certain number of times in rapid succession, they'll receive a line of dialogue in their chat that informs them that they're doing it wrong.

For example:
'This is a 1.9+ game - Spam-clicking is ineffective, try timing your hits! For assistance, toggle your combat indicator via your settings'

idk, spam-clickers are quite annoying

@MagnificentSpook 's idea btw

And if they keep doing it they will get a warrning or get kicked.

Reactions: LuisHTX

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Uhh. I actually do Half/Quarter hits to make hit chains in 1.9. I also spam click in Eggwars OP to get rid of my opponents armor during a duel. So unless it's at really high cps I don't really support this. Would only spam my chat.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Instead of this, perhaps in duels or something, a subtitle could come up saying that it is 1.9 pvp at the beginning of games? You can't miss that, and it will avoid this:
Uhh. I actually do Half/Quarter hits to make hit chains in 1.9. I also spam click in Eggwars OP to get rid of my opponents armor during a duel. So unless it's at really high cps I don't really support this. Would only spam my chat.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Unnecessary. It's just to raise awareness, not to enforce a new rule.

Will only be high cps, and say, once per five or ten minutes.

Instead of this, perhaps in duels or something, a subtitle could come up saying that it is 1.9 pvp at the beginning of games? You can't miss that, and it will avoid this:
That could work too! c:

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
Spam clickers are the people who forget to put their version back to 1.8, and then play 1.9 and spam click

Reactions: remio

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition

I agree they wouldn't miss it, but many wouldn't recognise "1.9+ PVP" as meaning that they had to time their hits - most 1.8 servers still support 1.9+ clients and many players would just read the 1.9+, see that it matched their Minecraft version and be content with that; it's how it works for them on pretty much every other server.

Therefore I think something that specifically tells them what they're doing wrong is necessary - players are already told that it is 1.9 PVP (admittedly through chat) in duels, but so many still spam click; not all of them could have missed the message first time so clearly just notifying them of the name of the PVP type isn't enough.

Reactions: Despacito 2

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I agree they wouldn't miss it, but many wouldn't recognise "1.9+ PVP" as meaning that they had to time their hits - most 1.8 servers still support 1.9+ clients and many players would just read the 1.9+, see that it matched their Minecraft version and be content with that; it's how it works for them on pretty much every other server.

Therefore I think something that specifically tells them what they're doing wrong is necessary - players are already told that it is 1.9 PVP (admittedly through chat) in duels, but so many still spam click; not all of them could have missed the message first time so clearly just notifying them of the name of the PVP type isn't enough.
As @Sophie said, add a message with anything like: Don't spam click, this is 1.9 PvP.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I have macros set to tell the player to go to classic duels or log in using 1.8. I think there should be mention of classic duels/the 1.8 network in case the player just wants to play 1.8 pvp. It would be really nice to have a simple warning with all these spam clickers especially with the different languages.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 many players on 1.9+ seem not to know what version of mc they're in.
No, that's harsh bc they probably don't know which skillset is for which version.

Achillez

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2017
Netherlands // Albania
I do not support this idea, simply because it's hard to do play the game wrong. I understand they can be quite annoying, but you can't blame people for playing the game wrong. Although it's a stupid thing to do, there are no rules against it. Kicking them is definitely too harsh.

In general, a spamclicker will probably lose the game anyways. I rarely lose against a spamclicker since they do very little damage. I think the fact that they lose all their games is enough of a lesson for them.

-Achillez

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I do not support this idea, simply because it's hard to do play the game wrong. I understand they can be quite annoying, but you can't blame people for playing the game wrong. Although it's a stupid thing to do, there are no rules against it. Kicking them is definitely too harsh.

In general, a spamclicker will probably lose the game anyways. I rarely lose against a spamclicker since they do very little damage. I think the fact that they lose all their games is enough of a lesson for them.

-Achillez
Whose idea don't you support? My suggestion was to give spam-clickers a line of dialogue that informs them what they're doing wrong ._.

(Oops, technically MagnificentSpook's idea)

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom