Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
Hey everyone,

I have been playing on the java Cubecraft network for a long time in the past and recently i have started playing on the Bedrock Version of Cubecraft. My main game i like to play is survivalgames and now after playing 400 games, i`d like to share some of my thoughts and ideas with you, how the gamemode could be improved.

1. The Kits One of the first things i noticed, is that the bedrock version only has 3 Kits, while all three of them seem pretty balanced, with none of them being clearly op. But when you take a closer look, there are some things that dont feel balanced. Here is a list of the kits with the three tiers, that depend on the chest loot voted for:

Swordsman: Stone Sword (Basic Items), Iron Sword (Normal Items), Iron Sword(Overpowered Items)
Warrior: Leather Chestplate (Basic items), Chain chestplate (Normal Items), Diamond chestplate (Overpowered Items)
Chef : Wood Sword + 1 Steak (Basic items), Wood Sword + 3 Steaks (Normal Items), Iron Sword + 5 Steaks(Overpowered items)

The first thing that can be noticed is that at Overpowered items there is no point in choosing Swordsman over Chef, because Chef gives you the same Sword and some Steak on top. I would strongly recommend to give swordsman Diamond Sword at Overpowered chest items, because there are so many Sharpness I-III Items in those chests, that the Sword will be beaten by alomst all of the Weapons found in overpowered Chests. With the huge amount of enchanted swords and axes at Normal Items, i would suggest to also upgrade the wood Sword of Chef to a Stone Sword at normal level, just because literally everything is better or equal to a Wood sword at normal chest items. Armorer is pretty balanced in my opinion. In some rare scenarios i get killed because i cant find a weapon quick enough, but thats probably the risk of taking armorer, which is okay in my opinion.

2. Golden Apples. At Basic and Normal Chest items i think golden apples are totally fine. But at overpowered items there seems to be a great imbalance. Some chest contain over 10 Golden apples at once, while others contain completely none. This is in my opinion not that fair. A player with 0 golden apples has literally no chance of beating a player with 10 golden apples at similar skill, so the fact that one single chest can win you almost the entire match, seems to be a bit unfair to me. On top of that, i had multiple scenarios where i had a 1vs1 against another player at the end of the match, both full enchanted with diamond armor. in 99% of the cases, the player that more golden apples won the fight, because the player had more healing backup. While Skill of course makes a difference, i feel like golden apples have to big of an impact at overpowered chest items. Many fights just come down to the fact who has more golden apples and not who has the better fighting skill. My suggestion would be to decrease the maximum number of golden apples to 1 per chest. Due to the fact that there are stronger weapons but also better armor at overpowered items, it is still fairly balanced and you can survive just as good without donzens of Golden apples 😉

3. The Tracker The Player Tracker has always been a very useful tool, but in my opinion, it is a little bit too rare. I have had many matches where i just couldnt find one to track down the last players on a huge map, which is just an avoidable waste of time in my opinion. It would be nice to see a better spawn rate of tracker in chests, or giving each player one, when there are only 3 (Players/Teams) left. This could save a lot of time.

4. Adding Cobwebs I am not sure if Cubecraft had Cobwebs in the past, but i think they would be a great addition. When your teammate has fallen early and you dont have a bow to defend yourself it can be tough to defend against a team of 2 chasing you. Cobwebs could be used to stop one of the chasers in his tracks, allowing you to focus on his teammate and fight back

5. Cheaters Although Cheaters seem to be quite rare on bedrock, there are some that use Killaura and speedhacks. It would be nice if the Cubecraft team could implement a speed check that autokicks players that run faster than it would be normally possible for a legit player.

6. Lapis Lazuli and Enchanting bottles I dont know if this is intended or not, but enchanting seems to be not enabled on Bedrock. So i would suggest to either enable it or remove the corresponing items from the game.

7. Choosing Teammates Another nice small little addition would be to choose your teammate before a match starts, without being in a party, for example by just right clicking the player and sending a team request. Sometimes i recognized people from earlierer rounds and would have loved it if i could quickly send them an invite.

8. Chest refill A chest refill seems to occur at 5 Minutes , but only if there are more than 3 Teams left. I dont really understand why, maybe because a chest refill would be to strong at lower player counts? I would suggest to do the refill at 3 minutes, so that there will be an bigger risk going to middle , because more players are alive.

9. Time control In some rare scenarios i had a player stuck under the center of the map, which made that game last basically for ever. There seems to be no time limit on how long a match can go on, so i suggest a deathmatch after 10 minutes have passed. The Deathmatch teleports all players to the middle and lets them battle it out. On top of that, the border should shrink slowly to zero, so that the game can not be held hostage forever, if some players decide to break the rules and do crossteaming. If there is player stuck unter the map, that tries to win by abusing this bug, the player that played the round normally should have food or healing potions so that he can withstand the zone damage longer.

10. Add more stuff I know thats a very general suggestion, but there are a lot of things that could make the game more fun and increase the variety of the gamemode. Maybe add ridable hores as a rare items, or add more potions than just healing potions, There are currently no items that increase player speed, so speed potions or a speed boost after getting a kill would also be great. I would also love too see more kits like java edition had, but i dont know how doable that is in Bedrock.

11. Team Scoreboard The Scoreboard on the right still shows teams that are not alive anymore, this could also need a fix

Thanks everyone for reading, if you have any more things to add or want to discuss, feel free to comment and share your opinion 😊
Have a nice day!

Nightm4re

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom