Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunmaster222

Feb 2, 2021
I know this has probably been made before but in case you guys can't figure out how to make an animal farm, here you go.
You only need a few normal blocks, and a few slabs, 2 water buckets, and the spawner of choice.
This is the outside, and it takes about 5 minutes to build.
1612308262805.png

First build 2 high walls, it could honestly be any size. Then add water blocks to the back corners.
1612308442234.png

Then all you have to do is create a bottom half slab roof and a killing hole. The cows will all spawn inside the farm. Super simple. If you want to make it auto, you can put this higher and make them die from fall damage. And if you have lava buckets, you can put a sign in the chute, put a lava bucket on the sign so the lava will float, and the cows will flow down and die.

Reactions: maflenoo
Dec 12, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Well done. Good job. Simple and elegant.

May I suggest a fairly simple and effective upgrade? Build a two wide two high and eight long trench up high off the ground. Use water just like you did to push the mobs out one end of the trench. The cows in this case will fall and splat on the ground. All you have to do is stop by occasionally to pick up the leather and raw beef. Later when you get iron you can upgrade to add hoppers and automate the collecting.

Automated collectors like this will be key for advancing in SkyBlock in my opinion. I have videos of several different types of mob and xp farms if you are interested.

gunmaster222

Feb 2, 2021
Well done. Good job. Simple and elegant.

May I suggest a fairly simple and effective upgrade? Build a two wide two high and eight long trench up high off the ground. Use water just like you did to push the mobs out one end of the trench. The cows in this case will fall and splat on the ground. All you have to do is stop by occasionally to pick up the leather and raw beef. Later when you get iron you can upgrade to add hoppers and automate the collecting.

Automated collectors like this will be key for advancing in SkyBlock in my opinion. I have videos of several different types of mob and xp farms if you are interested.
Yeah I know how to make it auto, but I didn't feel like it was necessary for beginners. This is just a super simple build for people that just got the cow spawner and didnt want to keep hitting the cows off the edge when killing them. Obviously you can make them flow to a chute, but as a beginner effectiveness is more important than efficiency. Efficiency will come later.

Outsion

Apr 6, 2021
Good job on the animal farm the design lives up to it's name about being simple
although it could be improved in multiple ways and has it's up's and down and suggestion's are great

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Good job on the animal farm the design lives up to it's name about being simple
although it could be improved in multiple ways and has it's up's and down and suggestion's are great

Please avoid Necroposting, such as replying to threads that haven't had any new posts in the last 3 weeks in an attempt to revive it.

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
Hi, please do not Necropost. This applies to threads that haven't had new post in over 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom