Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see Sumo on CubeCraft?

• Total voters

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, I wanted to hear everyone's input on a new Sumo Duels 1v1 gamemode! I'm a big fan of Sumo.. and 1.9 pvp.. and that is quite the rare combo. I think Cube could absolutely knock Sumo out of the park with their 1.9 pvp mechanics.

Maybe they add it to the already existing "pvp" gamemode and create a 4th slot option in that PVP GUI. I would love to see its own leaderboard/statistics tracking separate from the current Duels stats. I would also love to see all the epic maps that I know the CubeCraft team would come up with.

I will update this thread when more ideas come to mind regarding the suggestion, what do you guys think about a Sumo gamemode?

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Amazing suggestion! 😍
I like Sumo as well, and I'd love to see mode implemented in CubeCraft!

Maybe adding a poll would help people to say what they think? You have to click on '...' and select 'Create poll' 😛

Reactions: Mqxti

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I would really like to see this! This would be an unique gamemode for 1.9 servers. I’ve never seen sumo on any 1.9 server.
I would love to see its own leaderboard/statistics tracking separate from the current Duels stats.
Sumo is a kind of duels too so I don't see why you should add another leaderboard for it. It would only get tryhards to play it a lot just to get on that nice new leaderboard.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! For sure this would be a really fun game to play, it are short games which is awesome to play every now and then. But I think I don’t want to see it as a permanent game on cubecraft. There are other servers who have ‘sumo duels’ aswel(as far as I know only in 1.8), so it isn’t original. I prefer to see an original gamemode that isn’t on another server, this will get more players. The reason for this is that cubecraft can’t have to much gamemodes, since there aren’t enough players.

If there are a lot of players who want this being implemented, I think that would be nice aswel. But because of the reasons above I’ll vote no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gregeyy

Mqxti

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2020
Jupiter 🌌
www.youtube.com
Hi! For sure this would be a really fun game to play, it are short games which is awesome to play every now and then. But I think I don’t want to see it as a permanent game on cubecraft. There are other servers who have ‘sumo duels’ aswel(as far as I know only in 1.8), so it isn’t original. I prefer to see an original gamemode that isn’t on another server, this will get more players. The reason for this is that cubecraft can’t have to much gamemodes, since there aren’t enough players.

If there are a lot of players who want this being implemented, I think that would be nice aswel. But because of the reasons above I’ll vote no.

That is actually a very good point, thanks for the feedback!
I do now agree that almost all of Cube's 'main' gamemodes are custom, and Sumo is not. Now.. what if they threw it into the "Featured Games" cycle ? 😮 I think that could be a great way to test its success and be a great addition to the network. Either way.. I would be absolutely stoked to play some Sumo Duels on Cube 😛

Reactions: ShinyArrow

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
That is actually a very good point, thanks for the feedback!
I do now agree that almost all of Cube's 'main' gamemodes are custom, and Sumo is not. Now.. what if they threw it into the "Featured Games" cycle ? 😮 I think that could be a great way to test its success and be a great addition to the network. Either way.. I would be absolutely stoked to play some Sumo Duels on Cube 😛
If this would be a ‘featured game’ I would really love it! If it would be really succesfull it can even be chanced to a permanent game, if it isn’t succesfull it can be removed. I‘ll play this if it will be a featured game and it doesn’t take a spot for another original new gamemode.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
*correct me if I’m wrong*
There are 2 players who both spawn on the same platform. They have to pvp each other until the other gets knocked off the platform.
aaaah okay

sounds quite fun actually. However I don't know if Cubecraft has a big enough playerbase to make it it's own gamemode, even not if it would cycle with the featured games. It's quite similar to duels as well. It would be better to somehow add an option for duels to play sumo mode but I don't know how that could work.

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
Hai,

I used to play a lot of sumo on different servers, and I always really enjoyed it. Combining sumo with the 1.9 combat system will absolutely change the way you play sumo since there will be a lot of new tactics on how you can win a sumo match. I would really love to see this in the future.

I would love to see its own leaderboard/statistics tracking separate from the current Duels stats.

I don't think a separate leaderboard is necessary for this, since this is a regular duel. Wins from this should be put in the regular duels leaderboard.

Reactions: Mqxti and Fexiny

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!
It seems like a very good idea that could be implemented!
The maps are easy to make, so the community could suggest maps by following the instructions they put in!

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I'd love that :D.
But rather than adding a 4th option to the pvp npc, it could be a "sub-category" of duels (like Pineapple Man said), or maybe a featured game.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
I like sumo and I see no reason why not to add it! (Although it could potentially be slow on 1.9 due to long hit delay).
Items that aren't weapons or tools don't have a big cooldown. The "cooldown" is basically the time you are receiving damage as you get less KB. You may have noticed that when you hit someone while they are getting fall damage their KB is almost 0. Other than that there's no cooldown if you are using a stick for example.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I really like this idea of PvP, feels nostalgic for me because I know this exists for a really long time. I have seen this before on a other server on 1.8, kinda really liked it. Also adding this to both 1.8 or 1.9 sounds really cool. I think for 1.9 the knockback is lower than 1.8 so maybe creating that the map is smaller would be perfect! For 1.8 you can like combo someone really hard so they will got knocked off instantly, the thing is for me, I'm not good at 1.8 PvP which means I will never win, so if I fight against a butterfly clicker with 20 CPS, would be unfair, so making it more fair with clicking at making a good map would be better imo.

Reactions: Mqxti and Gregeyy

Nqouir

Apr 10, 2019
Morocco
I fully support your idea since I am a sumo fan my self, I play it very well!
I would love to see such a addition to duels.
I gave it a huge "Yes"

Reactions: Mqxti and Gregeyy

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
I really like this idea of PvP, feels nostalgic for me because I know this exists for a really long time. I have seen this before on a other server on 1.8, kinda really liked it. Also adding this to both 1.8 or 1.9 sounds really cool. I think for 1.9 the knockback is lower than 1.8 so maybe creating that the map is smaller would be perfect! For 1.8 you can like combo someone really hard so they will got knocked off instantly, the thing is for me, I'm not good at 1.8 PvP which means I will never win, so if I fight against a butterfly clicker with 20 CPS, would be unfair, so making it more fair with clicking at making a good map would be better imo.
I think it would be better to create a custom knockback for Sumo, it would look more professional 😉

Reactions: Mqxti and Zathelas
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Top Bottom