• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Hello plebs people of the internet,
so, recently, I asked for a refund in Steam (do not ask why), I got impressed with their refund system, and I thought "Why not implementing it on CubeCraft".

For those who do not know, Steam can refund you a game/DLC if you haven't played with it more than 2 hours in a period of 14 days since the purchase. Obviously, this won't work here (since it's not a games shop), so I came with few tweaks.

We already have support rank (Joe) so it is not necessary to create another rank.
A special section in the store might be created, it canbe similar to the reports section.
Like in Steam, the support members, can check other refunds of the user to be sure he's 'abusing' this feature to get temporary free ranks

CAN

• If the player who asked for the refund haven't played in the server for more than 2 days (48 hours of playtime)
  • Less than 3 days since the date of purchase
  • He/She hasn't connected to the server more than a hour with the rank
CANNOT
Support team members (right now only @Joe Henry ) might review the case and authorize or not, if it's yes it might be communicated to the Head of Support (@Joe Henry )

• If the player who asked for the refund has played more than 48 hours in the server (49+ of playtime)
  • More than 3 days since the purchase
  • He/She has played more than a hour with the rank.
  • Has used/bought/got any vanity item that requires a rank

Cannot ask for a refund

Cannot ask for a refund

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure that going back this is possible in terms of coding, not sure though ^^
What I'm trying imitate: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
so, recently, I asked for a refund in Steam (do not ask why), I got impressed with their refund system, and I thought "Why not implementing it on CubeCraft".

For those who do not know, Steam can refund you a game/DLC if you haven't played with it more than 2 hours in a period of 14 days since the purchase. Obviously, this won't work here (since it's not a games shop), so I came with few tweaks.

We already have support rank (Joe) so it is not necessary to create another rank.
A special section in the store might be created, it canbe similar to the reports section.
Like in Steam, the support members, can check other refunds of the user to be sure he's 'abusing' this feature to get temporary free ranks

CAN

• If the player who asked for the refund haven't played in the server for more than 2 days (48 hours of playtime)
CANNOT
Support team members (right now only @Joe Henry ) might review the case and authorize or not, if it's yes it might be communicated to the Head of Support (@Joe Henry )

• If the player who asked for the refund has played more than 48 hours in the server (49+ of playtime)

Cannot ask for a refund

Cannot ask for a refund

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure that going back this is possible in terms of coding, not sure though ^^
A no for me because buying a rank is the same as donating e.g GreenPeace and if you ask them for a refund they are not giving you the mobey back

Reactions: DrHam

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com

CAN

CANNOT

Cannot ask for a refund

Cannot ask for a refund

All I have to say is. When you buy a game on steam you are "buying" something, while on a minecraft server you are "donating" and getting a reward for it. So "donating" should not receive their money back because they are giving money to keep the server up and are getting a rank in return.
Actually you do not donate, you purchase something in exchange of money :p
Minecraft servers, and buycraft, have always been donating. Minecraft has never technically added the buying a rank, its always been donating for one.

Golapagos

Novice Member
Jan 14, 2017
Atlantis, The Ocean
This idea is great, however it does not put into consoderation the reason you buy a rank in the first place. As @iWolfShine and @Framb00s said, buying a rank is donating, and you dont get your money back if you ask for it if you donated it.. so this is why it is a no from me.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Minecraft servers, and buycraft, have always been donating.
No more upgrades for you, you’re already our highest rank! Thanks for being awesome and supporting the server. Don't forget to check out Multipliers & Miniatures.

Massive love,
The CubeCraft Team

to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed:
to give money or goods to help a person or organization:

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Pretty sure it is classed as a purchase and not a donation. You're buying the rank, not donating to receive a rank.
I think it's a fair idea, can't see many people buying a rank that quick after joining a server and changing their mind though.

Reactions: soysuva and DrHam

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I personally think it's an ok idea but I don't understand why you would refund in the first place, you're clearly told via the store page what you receive through purchasing a rank, it's all down to you to decide whether you want that or not. This isn't a refund feature, this is essentially a trial for ranks. If you don't enjoy the rank then that's your fault.

I would like to see this, When this will come, i will ask my money back the same day, But. You dont purchase, you donate .
You're buying virtual goods, they're not donations anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom