Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Does this sound good enough to be implemented?

• Sounds good to me!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Maybe if it was tweaked a little.. (suggest down below?)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Not a big fan. (open to reasons against it)

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MekotoMercy

Jul 2, 2017
So I've been getting very frustrated recently, particularly with Eggwars and Tower Defence. Some players refuse to say anything and leave the game very often between early-game and mid-game. This puts several hard-working players at a disadvantage when playing, due to being outnumbered on an uncontrollable basis and weakened as people simply leave (often with valuable materials).

Note: This idea is primarily for Eggwars and Tower Defence. I haven't played the other games much and don't plan on playing them in-depth at the moment. This may have potential to be extended to other games.

Basic idea : Those who leave games should be punished for it via cooldowns.

Detail: Those who leave games, before their own permanent deaths, should be locked out of the gamemode for a certain period of time.
This lockout would increase in proportion if they did it multiple times within a certain timeframe.
The idea would be that this would discourage players from repeatedly leaving.
The exact time frames would be subject to opinion, put an example at the bottom.
If so many in a row are picked up, perhaps it could notify someone with the ability to ban.
Example times (can and probably should be changed)
First disconnect -> second -> third -> further occurences
5 minutes -> 15 minutes -> 45 minutes -> 3 hours per occurrence
These would probably expire after six hours (30 minutes for the first occurrence).

Pros:
- Discourages leaving
- 5 minutes wouldn't be harsh on those who disconnected unintentionally
- Also punishes those who don't care about the punishments by upping them
Cons:
- May discourage those with bad connection
(Then again, this does impact gameplay quite a bit.)
- Won't resolve teams who simply refuse to work together
(This could be resolved differently. This method may not suit it.)

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
I'm highly against this idea. Though I do understand your frustration with this, people their internet could just fall out. Besides that, I'm just against this idea in general. You shouldn't be punished because you left a game. That's just really unfair.
As @iCheeetah said before are all good points as to why this shouldn't be a thing. Lets say you had internet problems and you were playing your favorite game. You lose internet and Bam! you are barred from your favorite game. Also I know that it is annoying if your teammates leave you alone in a game of eggwars but there is nothing we can really do about it.

Reactions: Ducky

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
Some people may be obligated by their parents to take a break, and for them to be punished for that is really unfair.
I understand that this can be frustrating, but a simple fix is to try and fill up your team with one or more friends, that probably won't leave. ;)

Reactions: Maaarijn

Javima1

Jun 6, 2017
Spain/España
I do not like the idea, for example you get lag or crsshed minecraft, then you can not play again within a short period ... im againts this idea

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
IMG_2158.JPG

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
okay so you can't play for a while if you get kicked and you always have to wait until every game is finished before you leave even if you're out of the game
NO
it ruins so many things

L

Lepzi

I dislike this idea I know that it can be annoying when someone leaves a game without saying anything and I'll be honest I have done that a couple of times but I have done it because I had to go somewhere all the sudden or I had to get off these could be why people leave so I don't think people should get punished, although I do see your frustration.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Coming from someone with the most unreliable internet maybe ever: No.

My internet often kicks me from the server, and is probably the number one cause of me dying/losing a game. I don't want to have a punishment on top of that for something I can't even control.
Aside from that: What about situations where you won't be able to do anything & you're going to lose either way? It's better to leave the game to save you time, or in eggwars, save you from dying 20 times.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Edit: thanks to Jollow, we now have the gif. :)
funny-pictures-duck-shaking-head-no-animated-gif.gif

This isn't a ranked game where losing a match could affect ratings or ranks (like csgo competitive, they actually will ban you for a week if you leave too many matches). This is just for fun, and if you lose a few games due to teammates, oh well, you'll get 'em next time. I would recommend finding some people you know or can trust not to leave the game. But if this was implemented, i am positive we would lose so many players.
Sorry, but -1 from me.

Last edited:

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
So I've been getting very frustrated recently, particularly with Eggwars and Tower Defence. Some players refuse to say anything and leave the game very often between early-game and mid-game. This puts several hard-working players at a disadvantage when playing, due to being outnumbered on an uncontrollable basis and weakened as people simply leave (often with valuable materials).

Note: This idea is primarily for Eggwars and Tower Defence. I haven't played the other games much and don't plan on playing them in-depth at the moment. This may have potential to be extended to other games.

Basic idea : Those who leave games should be punished for it via cooldowns.

Detail: Those who leave games, before their own permanent deaths, should be locked out of the gamemode for a certain period of time.
This lockout would increase in proportion if they did it multiple times within a certain timeframe.
The idea would be that this would discourage players from repeatedly leaving.
The exact time frames would be subject to opinion, put an example at the bottom.
If so many in a row are picked up, perhaps it could notify someone with the ability to ban.
Example times (can and probably should be changed)
First disconnect -> second -> third -> further occurences
5 minutes -> 15 minutes -> 45 minutes -> 3 hours per occurrence
These would probably expire after six hours (30 minutes for the first occurrence).

Pros:
- Discourages leaving
- 5 minutes wouldn't be harsh on those who disconnected unintentionally
- Also punishes those who don't care about the punishments by upping them
Cons:
- May discourage those with bad connection
(Then again, this does impact gameplay quite a bit.)
- Won't resolve teams who simply refuse to work together
(This could be resolved differently. This method may not suit it.)
Seen another suggestion like this.
No, a HUGE no.
Punishing those who disconnected is not fair.
It could be due to the internet, maybe that player needed to leave to go to school or lunch. Timed out or the game crashed.
Its not always their fault and should never be punished for this reason.

A

A pigeon

No. If you cant handle being down a person then dont play teams . It is not hard to handle a 5v1

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I don't like leaving teammates either, but punishing them with a cool-down is not the way to solve that problem.

I think a message popping up when they try to /hub or /leave with something like: "Are you sure you want to leave the game, your team will be at a disadvantage and you will not win any points''. Would A. be more effective and B. be more friendly.

This message could be the same like the one you get when you try to leave a game with partymembers still alive in it.

aphelion

Jul 3, 2017
Edit: thanks to Jollow, we now have the gif. :)
funny-pictures-duck-shaking-head-no-animated-gif.gif

This isn't a ranked game where losing a match could affect ratings or ranks (like csgo competitive, they actually will ban you for a week if you leave too many matches). This is just for fun, and if you lose a few games due to teammates, oh well, you'll get 'em next time. I would recommend finding some people you know or can trust not to leave the game. But if this was implemented, i am positive we would lose so many players.
Sorry, but -1 from me.
Some players like to play Minecraft competitively. Whilst the mechanics of the game are fairly limited for competitive play, especially if you compare to CSGO, it should still be feasible to service them.

Perhaps have competitive, ranked versions of certain games that are more PvP, objective based (e.g. eggwars). Elo systems used to rank like players together, bans from playing competitive games for leavers, high endorsement of the use of discord or team chat for players, etc. It would allow players who really want to rank up and have a competitive, rather than relaxed, experience to have that chance. One of the great things about Minecraft is how dynamic the game is. There are many, many ways to win a game of eggwars. Competitive players are more likely to attack and defend better. I think it could make for more exciting and addictive gameplay.

The feature in all games would be a disaster, but a separate queue might be cool.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Some players like to play Minecraft competitively. Whilst the mechanics of the game are fairly limited for competitive play, especially if you compare to CSGO, it should still be feasible to service them.

Perhaps have competitive, ranked versions of certain games that are more PvP, objective based (e.g. eggwars). Elo systems used to rank like players together, bans from playing competitive games for leavers, high endorsement of the use of discord or team chat for players, etc. It would allow players who really want to rank up and have a competitive, rather than relaxed, experience to have that chance. One of the great things about Minecraft is how dynamic the game is. There are many, many ways to win a game of eggwars. Competitive players are more likely to attack and defend better. I think it could make for more exciting and addictive gameplay.

The feature in all games would be a disaster, but a separate queue might be cool.
What does this have to do with anything?
Please don't post useless posts that have nothing to do with the thread itself if you want to suggest something do it here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/suggestions/create-thread

Jun 19, 2017
-1 as people said before, some people who don't have insanely good internet get kicked often, and there are a lot of young kids who are forced by their parents to stop the game. If this is added so they will be punished for listening to their parents?

When you go to team games bring friends with you, so the risk of losing teamates is lower. In block wars, if a team has less players it moves players from the other team to balance it out. I really don't like this idea, as I often go to play those type if games with friends, and having to fight against them isn't really what we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom