Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Hello everyone, Maestro here!
My suggestion is to add an "Interested in:" option on the forums.

What would it do?
It'd send you an alert when a topic about something you're interested in is created.

How would it work?
You could go to "profile" -> "Alert preferences" and there would be an extra option: "Interested in:". Here, you can add words you're interested in (separated by a comma). Whenever a topic is started with one of these words in the Title or tags, you would get an alert: "(Name) started a topic with a word you're interested in."
You could also set in which subforum the thread should be posted. Let's say you're a fan of skyblock and you want to be notified when it returns, you could set the system to only notify you whenever a thread with the word 'Skyblock' is posted in the subforum 'Official up
dates'.

Why would it be awesome to have this feature:
1. Let's say you're a staff member, and your main part is, let's say, Skyblock (Like saradabaschi's used to be). You are the one that collects the community's ideas to talk with the owners/devs to see if it's possible. You could add the word 'Skyblock' or 'Skyblock suggestion' to your list and you could get an alert for every idea.

2. You want to be in every HungerGames the community organizes (what a coincidence, you can Sign up to the season I'm hosting here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/⚔hungergames-season-20-sign-up-thread⚔.188865/) , but you are always late... you can add Hungergames to your list and you'll be notified when the sign-up thread and the hungergames are posted.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I like the idea of this, I'm not sure if it's easy to implement, so for the mean time I'd suggest you to click 'watch forum' in sections you like, you'll get alerts when new threads/posts are made in that section. I also think it'd be quite cool to have a toggle for 'popular threads' or something, like whenever a thread gets quite a lot of attention (replies, views etc.) you can get an alert for it if you've got it toggled on.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I love this idea! It would be so very useful, then i can find new minerware threads so much easier xD
Anyways, i love this idea, its great and useful!

Reactions: Cyqni

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I know that you were just giving an example with skyblock but if you are suggesting this because you want to be notified for update threads there is a way you can do it right now
I have it in play just click on the update thread section to browse them all look in the top right and there is a little area that says watch forum which will notify you every time a thread is posted there
If you are suggesting it for other threads as another example you had hunger games 20
Then I can understand why you want this and I'd gladly agree

Reactions: Cyqni

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
I know that you were just giving an example with skyblock but if you are suggesting this because you want to be notified for update threads there is a way you can do it right now
I have it in play just click on the update thread section to browse them all look in the top right and there is a little area that says watch forum which will notify you every time a thread is posted there
If you are suggesting it for other threads as another example you had hunger games 20
Then I can understand why you want this and I'd gladly agree
As you said, it is just an example. It also allows you to be more specific about what you want to be notified for.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
I like the idea of this, I'm not sure if it's easy to implement, so for the mean time I'd suggest you to click 'watch forum' in sections you like, you'll get alerts when new threads/posts are made in that section. I also think it'd be quite cool to have a toggle for 'popular threads' or something, like whenever a thread gets quite a lot of attention (replies, views etc.) you can get an alert for it if you've got it toggled on.
Tbh, I didn't even think about the difficulty of adding this. I think it should be possible with a xenforo plugin (do they even exist? lol), since there's a wathc forum option already.
About the popular threads: Like 85% of the alerts you would get would be from controversial/stupid threads, but it's a good idea if there's a way to turn it off.

D

Deleted member 204478

I really like this idea!
Just to be sure, do you mean you choose a certain part of the forums? E.g. 'Suggestions'
If it is, then this sounds really useful to add, certain people can have strong opinions about different parts of the forum, so they can share their opinion in detail if they would like to for e.g. 'Suggestions'
Sounds really cool, I have nothing against this idea. ;)

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
I really like this idea!
Just to be sure, do you mean you choose a certain part of the forums? E.g. 'Suggestions'
If it is, then this sounds really useful to add, certain people can have strong opinions about different parts of the forum, so they can share their opinion in detail if they would like to for e.g. 'Suggestions'
Sounds really cool, I have nothing against this idea. ;)
Exactly. You can set it to Suggestions and have the word "Skyblock" as keyword. Then you'd be notified when a thread containing the word "Skyblock" in the title or tags is made in the forum "Suggestions".

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I think this would be a useful thing for people who want to get notified when someone made a thread with a word you are interested in, yeah. @iLoveYouu's thing is also pretty useful :p

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
It sounds really useful, like when I get notification from threads I already lost intereted in..

The Devs could consider about this. +1

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
UncleSpect wrote on MarkDeEngeMan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow mark! 🎈
anyone with admin/server mod skills and experience inncreating a discord server hmu it's for a project related to fhg (hope this isn't advertising bc it's gonna be cubecraft related either way)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Heya cool person how are you today?:D
Kazwa wrote on Dreamer's profile.
thanks for the follow Dreamer! ^-^
images (1).jpg
Top Bottom