Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
Xenforo community offers system translations, that can be selected by the user. My suggestion is adding one of those translations for the big Dutch part of the community. This will make it easier for dutch people who have limited knowledge of the English language to understand the forums system better.

What will a dutch language pack affect:
- All system messages, buttons, and information.

What will it not affect?
- User created content like posts, comments or titles.

More info: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dutch-translation-for-xenforo-2-1-add-ons.7045/

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Even better if they made everything Dutch and English would be in language pack.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
I really like this idea, we could take it even further and translate the website to other common languages like Spanish, Arabic & Turkish. This should overall make the website much more accessible for all of our demographic, which should be useful when looking for help. Thread Escalated!
Uh..m hold up, why is this escalated? On top, I think spending time to translating the whole xenforo system manually, would be a big waste of time, since members of the xenforo community already have provided a few good quality packs.

Even better if they made everything Dutch and English would be in language pack.
What do you exactly mean?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I don’t think everyone understands, Dutch would NOT be the default language. English will be, but players who speak Dutch can select a pack provided by the website host that will translate the website for them. This is let the translation team have time to do other things.
I do like the idea, if it’s to implement. But I wouldn’t want Dutch to be the only options. Swedish, Turkish, .... as wel. (If they exists as a language pack of course.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
While Dutch shouldn't be the default language, I'd love to see toggleable full translations for the entire website for every language, not only Dutch. For instance, you would go to your settings and see an option 'Choose language'. You would be able to choose certain language packs, all translated by the Translation Team. I'm sure they would like to work on this.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
While Dutch shouldn't be the default language, I'd love to see toggleable full translations for the entire website for every language, not only Dutch. For instance, you would go to your settings and see an option 'Choose language'. You would be able to choose certain language packs, all translated by the Translation Team. I'm sure they would like to work on this.
Im not sure, but every xenforo installation contains a LOT (over 20k or so) of phrases. As I mentioned earlier. Why waste your time translating something that already got provided by the xf community?
I can confirm that those translations are good quality.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Im not sure, but every xenforo installation contains a LOT (over 20k or so) of phrases. As I mentioned earlier. Why waste your time translating something that already got provided by the xf community?
I can confirm that those translations are good quality.
While those translations may be good quality translations for its regular meaning, it does not mean they qualify for accuracy of the sentences' meaning. The translators are knowledgeable of the network, and know that some words may mean something totally different when used to indicate something in-game. It's about the context and meaning. I'm sure that Xenforo will translate everything literally, while our translators know what context it's in, and will therefore use the right phrases. In short: Translators are more capable of providing good quality translations, while Xenforo translations are merely provided by a bot.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
While those translations may be good quality translations for its regular meaning, it does not mean they qualify for accuracy of the sentences' meaning. The translators are knowledgeable of the network, and know that some words may mean something totally different when used to indicate something in-game. It's about the context and meaning. I'm sure that Xenforo will translate everything literally, while our translators know what context it's in, and will therefore use the right phrases. In short: Translators are more capable of providing good quality translations, while Xenforo translations are merely provided by a bot.
In my opinion are the translations currently on the network not too good either: also quite literally translated. (SoppeJam sloeg xx de afgrond in)
I'd make fixing that first priority and then maybe after they cleaned the translation mess on the network they could do the forums, and meanwhile a translation pack would be installed?

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
In my opinion are the translations currently on the network not too good either, also quite literally translated. (SoppeJam sloeg xx de afgrond in)
While that may be your opinion, it certainly isn't mine. That sentence you mentioned is, in my opinion, perfectly well translated. How else would you translate it, if I may ask? Our translation team is working explicitly hard on all translations. If you think those strings should be translated differently and everything is a mess, then apply for translator yourself, when the Dutch applications open up again. You may think that the translations and its team are a big mess, but I can assure you you're wrong. The team works on quality translations day after day. You should respect all the work the translators, other TT members and Elena put in for CubeCraft.

In my opinion, at the moment, there is absolutely no need for a translation pack on the forums. Most threads are in English in order for everyone to understand. I only see one or two threads every now and then on the forums - Almost never. English is just fine, and most people seem to understand who are members of the CubeCraft forums. I'd say we don't need to spend time on it, until the community starts growing a lot.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
While that may be your opinion, it certainly isn't mine. That sentence you mentioned is, in my opinion, perfectly well translated. How else would you translate it, if I may ask? Our translation team is working explicitly hard on all translations. If you think those strings should be translated differently and everything is a mess, then apply for translator yourself, when the Dutch applications open up again. You may think that the translations and its team are a big mess, but I can assure you you're wrong. The team works on quality translations day after day. You should respect all the work the translators, other TT members and Elena put in for CubeCraft.

In my opinion, at the moment, there is absolutely no need for a translation pack on the forums. Most threads are in English in order for everyone to understand. I only see one or two threads every now and then on the forums - Almost never. English is just fine, and most people seem to understand who are members of the CubeCraft forums. I'd say we don't need to spend time on it, until the community starts growing a lot.
You understood me wrong I think, I know the tt team is working hard on improving current translations, which is something good, and I am definitely looking forward to what Elena and her team have made. Yet, I think the translations could be better. Less Literally. Keep void void you know. That kind of stuff. Same with staff, I happen to know that in the translations pack provided in the first post, staff is translated to Personeel, which is not needed in my opinion. Keep it staff. Even in Dutch. It's just a known "understanding" in both English and Dutch.

In my opinion is absolutely no need for a translation pack on the forums. Most threads are in English in order for everyone to understand. I only see one or two threads every now and then on the forums - Almost never. English is just fine, and most people seem to understand who are members of the CubeCraft forums. I'd say we don't need to spend time on it, until the community starts growing a lot.
I know I might have formatted my posts in a certain way that made it hard to understand them, and sorry for that. I am still talking about the toggle able system translations. Not about changing the complete forum language. Please read the first post again because I don't think you understood what I meant.
Also you said something else here:

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I know I might have formatted my posts in a certain way that made it hard to understand them, and sorry for that. I am still talking about the toggle able system translations. Not about changing the complete forum language. Please read the first post again because I don't think you understood what I meant.
And I think you understood me wrong. I only mentioned that bit, because it's my part of a suggestion. You suggested something, and then I suggested something alike it, but with changes. What I meant is that I'd love to see a full forum translation option provided by the Translation Team, like I explained, and not one provided by Xenforo itself. I only suggested it, for you to give your opinion on.

Anyhow, I will stop blabbing on about something irrelevant to the thread.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Top Bottom