Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this get removed?

• Yes, absolutely

• No, not at all (please state why in a reply as this will greatly help me to get a new insight)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Like seriously, staff.. Have NONE of you ever realised how annoying this is?

SBCH0EZ.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

This just makes people toxic to be honest.. Especially when you have to go down COMPLETELY just to finally kill them. And to add on, they also had a quadrillion ping
07K7138.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

Oh yeah, and then there's this dude who is out of blocks but refuses to leave and is asking you to leave
DctlSwS.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

I did win eventually, after having battled down there for 45 minutes straight
QWfgeD7.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

My suggestion is to completely REMOVE this part of the map: it's a great opportunity for campers and is always abused in one way or another. It makes this map extremely unenjoyable for me to play and I am sure this is the same for many others.

Thank you and bye

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
The map used to have cobwebs down there too but that got changed when I suggested the removal of them back in 2016. The wool isn't terribly bad in my opinion. An idea I just had that could fix camping under maps in general was that if a player is under the map for an x amount of minutes the void starts damaging the player and if the player dies the death message could be something like "<player> has been swallowed by the void".

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
The map used to have cobwebs down there too but that got changed when I suggested the removal of them back in 2016. The wool isn't terribly bad in my opinion. An idea I just had that could fix camping under maps in general was that if a player is under the map for an x amount of minutes the void starts damaging the player and if the player dies the death message could be something like "<player> has been swallowed by the void".
Though I also thought about this solution, it's just way more work to code that and there are way higher priorities, though just removing some blocks shouldn't take that long and is way easier

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

SBCH0EZ.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

This just makes people toxic to be honest.. Especially when you have to go down COMPLETELY just to finally kill them. And to add on, they also had a quadrillion ping
07K7138.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

Oh yeah, and then there's this dude who is out of blocks but refuses to leave and is asking you to leave
DctlSwS.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

QWfgeD7.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

My suggestion is to completely REMOVE this part of the map: it's a great opportunity for campers and is always abused in one way or another. It makes this map extremely unenjoyable for me to play and I am sure this is the same for many others.

Thank you and bye

I love fights like that. There unusual and a challenge. I don’t really mind having to go the extra mile on this map.

Reactions: Priley

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Though I also thought about this solution, it's just way more work to code that and there are way higher priorities, though just removing some blocks shouldn't take that long and is way easier
Coding such a feature should only take a few minutes. It's just checking where the player is and if they're under the map then give the player a timer and if the timer goes over x minutes then it should start giving the players damage. I know this since I have experience in coding server plugins :)

Wintrie

Dedicated Member
Dec 1, 2016
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I do find people camping a lot in these "under-the-map" areas often, its quite infuriating, they could possibly put the kill plain higher up so people will die before they hit the wool thus stopping the camping aspect of these maps, it wouldn't work for all of them of course but steampunk would work with it well in my opinion.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
On one hand I like these fights, it gives me a second chance and makes a sneaky egg kill possible.
But on the other hand, a lot of people camp down there, build a little base and wait for you to jump.
I agree that it should be removed / changed.

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I love fights like that. There unusual and a challenge. I don’t really mind having to go the extra mile on this map.
Although I see that in some way it can be seen as a challenge, it's just used to camp and it makes games endless sometimes

Coding such a feature should only take a few minutes. It's just checking where the player is and if they're under the map then give the player a timer and if the timer goes over x minutes then it should start giving the players damage. I know this since I have experience in coding server plugins :)
Coding an auto kit feature should also have taken like a week or something, but instead it took months, if not longer :P

Happend the same in, magic and teaparty
+1
Add a way to go up
Whereas I also agree that it's very annoying to deal with campers in these maps, it's fairly easy in Magic, and teaparty is just a classic map and should not be changed/removed any time soon unless huge amounts of people ask so and have good arguments

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Don't mind me, giving this a bump
@AnimalTamer1 sorry for a tag, you probably get a quadrillion notifications every day, but I'd like to hear some constructive feedback or even better :P

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
@Camezonda I'd like to hear something similar to.. :D

Good news! I've removed the legs off the bath, so no more campers. The arena will have it's update the next time the world is updated, so it will be a couple of days :D

Implemented and locked.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)

SBCH0EZ.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

07K7138.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

DctlSwS.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

QWfgeD7.png

Solo EggWars, Steampunk

Thank you and bye
One word:
TNT.

Reactions: Elenahh

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
One word:
TNT.
Seems like a good solution, but not viable for all cases.
Sometimes people have obsidian, that's unlikely though.
The main point is: the islands go smaller further down. So if you're on your island, the edge is further than the people hiding, so the tnt doesn't reach him.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Seems like a good solution, but not viable for all cases.
Sometimes people have obsidian, that's unlikely though.
The main point is: the islands go smaller further down. So if you're on your island, the edge is further than the people hiding, so the tnt doesn't reach him.
This basically,

One word:
TNT.
To add on, people can just run around and keep avoiding it, or just go even further down

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I usually jump down with tnt and a punch bow.. I've never had an issue with this.

If they are hiding in a corner, like in this screenshot:

Jumping down in this case, and like many others, is just incredibly risky. It's hard to land in a safe spot quickly without getting punch bow'd off.
From my experience it's incredibly annoying if people camp there. It will take a long time to kill them, with considerable risks of dying yourself.
I personally think looks shouldn't be more important than gameplay, the map will still look amazing without the clouds and shorter wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Top Bottom