Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ignatis

Jun 20, 2020
Hello people! I have a suggestion to make about necroposting. I think any thread that is really old should have its replies closed because if new members join and don't know the rule are going to be warned unfairly. For example I didn't know that rule and got warned for such an issue,which I think is a bit too much to be warned about.

DimokratisNt

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2020
Greece
what even is that
Necroposting is a rule where you cannot reply to a thread that is inactive for over 3 weeks, if you do this once you get warned, twice you get 1 day ban etc.

(From the rules page): Necroposting is defined as replying to threads that haven't had any new posts in the last 3 weeks in an attempt to revive them. This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introductions or pinned threads.

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
To be fair, I get what you mean but I feel like by sending messages and joining the network, you agree to the rules. Necroposting is mentioned in the rules and the punishment track is included as well. As for your suggestion: I feel like it might be a lot of work to get each and every thread private // reactions disabled if no one replies within three weeks. Let's say someone leaves a comment one day before it reaches three weeks of inactivity - it would keep going.

DimokratisNt

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2020
Greece
To be fair, I get what you mean but I feel like by sending messages and joining the network, you agree to the rules. Necroposting is mentioned in the rules and the punishment track is included as well. As for your suggestion: I feel like it might be a lot of work to get each and every thread private // reactions disabled if no one replies within three weeks. Let's say someone leaves a comment one day before it reaches three weeks of inactivity - it would keep going.
Well yeah maybe if it would be automated it would be easier for the team to make it but yeah there would be that issue. I think something like 6 weeks is enough for a thread to be completely locked for replies (unless the cubecraft team allows some threads to stay for longer).

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands

80% of the ppl that necropost are aware of the rule, but aren’t aware that the thread is that old..

• Agree
Reactions: Matriox

craftinggamer999

Novice Member
Mar 17, 2020
Kuwait
Pronouns
He/Him
Necroposting is a rule where you cannot reply to a thread that is inactive for over 3 weeks, if you do this once you get warned, twice you get 1 day ban etc.

(From the rules page): Necroposting is defined as replying to threads that haven't had any new posts in the last 3 weeks in an attempt to revive them. This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introductions or pinned threads.
Aha now i see, i agree that rule shouldn't exist and old threads should be just automatically closed.

Reactions: DimokratisNt
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom