Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Eggwars is a game that I've been playing for hours upon hours, and I'm here to give you a great strategy for eggwars, this applies only to 1.8 eggwars but may work for 1.9. This is also targeted for Solo, but I'm almost certain everything works just as well in teams.

Why listen to me? Well, you don't have to, this is just a technique that I use and I win roughly around 4/5 of all games. Sure, I may not be the best, but I've played enough games to know quite a bit of stuff. Also, keep in mind this is the strategy that I personally use, other strategies work fine too, this just fits me.

If you don't know what eggwars is, start from the objectives. If you do know what eggwars is and want to skip to what the title says, go to the strategies.

Objective:

Destroy other people's eggs located in their island, then kill the player. Last player standing wins. The egg is essentially creating life, and if it's destroyed, you no longer will be able to respawn if you die. There are various kits and abilities that you can select while you are in the map which you can unlock via points.

Strategies:

Upgrade your generators. When you first go into the game, make sure you upgrade your iron and gold generator to level two before you do anything else. Trust me, this will definitely help in the long run.

Once you're done upgrading your generator, cover your egg in sandstone. This isn't required, but it can save you once in a while. If someone builds to you, and you're trying to protect your egg, all it takes is one punch to destroy the egg.

Also, grab enough iron to get the basic tools. Armor if you don't have any, and a sword and pickaxe. Don't spend any gold in the process, it's used for something else later.

If anyone is building to you, go near your egg until they try and mine it, then that's when you kill them. If you successfully kill them,. use their own bridge to get to them and destroy their egg, then kill them. If they somehow bridge over to you, since you surrounded your egg in sandstone unless they have a pickaxe, they can't do anything to it.

If no one is targeting you, head over to the mid. I believe all maps in the middle has a diamond and gold generator. Grab as much gold and diamonds as you can in one go, and return to your island, if you die you lose all of those materials, so don't risk staying.

Your island or a close island should have a diamond generator, activate it, and try to upgrade it as much as possible, do NOT spend it on armor or tools. Why? Well imagine you get buffed up with the max gear possible, then either someone shoots you off, or knocks you off a bridge, there goes all your work.

Your gold generator, at level two, requires diamonds to be level 3 so I wouldn't upgrade it. With the gold in the middle and the gold you have from your own generator, you should have at least 30 gold. Wait until you have 50 pieces of gold, or 15 gold in OP, and then spend them all on obsidian. You should have 5 pieces. Cover around the actual egg itself and on top of it. Don't cover around the wool block that the egg is placed on, as the wool block is unbreakable and a waste of obsidian. Finally, I'd suggest covering it in 1 layer of sandstone, but this is optional.

At this point of the game is waiting time. Sit at your diamond generator and farm the diamonds there, if you feel like it you can destroy the bridge to the middle, as that is a way for other players to come to your island.

When you have 10 diamonds, upgrade the generator. When you have 25 diamonds, upgrade it again. If there is no one at mid, you could go to mid and grab some diamonds and come back, but it may be risky.

Once your diamond generator is at level 3, you start to get geared up. I'd recommend armor first, then sword, then pickaxe. Finally, get a bow unless you hate using bows. On OP, I'd recommend to double layer obby your egg, as the most OP pickaxe can destroy obby in 2 seconds. If you're playing on OP, get the second or third best pickaxe, and not the best pickaxe, it's just too expensive and takes a long time to get, not to mention if you get knocked off, there goes 64 diamonds wasted.

Now, here lies two pathways. Farm a bit longer for backup gear, or rush the other people. Generally if you are a slower type of person, other people may have more gear than you, so I'd recommend staying at your island and farming for a second set. If you are a faster type, go for other people's eggs. Backup gear can be stored in a chest. If it's OP, I'd recommend that you get a gapple or two just in case you have to fight.

Alright, so you're decked out and ready to fight, how should you approach other people? If they don't have bows, go to middle and find their island, then build to it. If they do have bows, I'd recommend building to their neighboring island and building upwards then straight to their island. If you're lucky they might not even notice you.

When you go on their island, either kill them or knock them off, unless they're distracted or in another location. Then block yourself in sandstone and break the egg. To deal with campers who shoot at you, build wayyy up, then straight to their island, covering the sides if you get shot. Then jump on a structure where they can't hit you, and wait for the perfect time to attack.

Recommended Kits:

Like I mentioned before, there are various kits and abilities that you can obtain. I'd recommend getting kits before abilities though. I won't talk about all of the kits, but I'll give you the kits that I use.

Personally, for every gamemode except for OP, I use egg armor, buying 4 pieces of leather armor just seems to take too long. For OP however, egg armor is basically the most useless kit, so I use money bags, which basically gives you a head start to upgrade your iron generator. If some other kit is more useful to you, choose that one, the kits are suppose to fit you, so there isn't a best kit.

Anyways, I hope this strategy could help you in some way in eggwars. (Anything I need to improve on or need to know?)

Reactions: Deeds

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I just let the rushers do the rushin while I sit back and farm my items, then fight the last 1-2 people standing. Unless I'm targeted first, my egg probably won't be broken.
This is actually quite true. I once went into a game where a group of rushers took out everyone's egg and their lives(except mine),but they only had leather gear. What I did was go to mid and let the war go on around me, then I killed them when they tried to attack me once I got gear. I later broke their egg and won the game.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Great strategy, but it seems very campy. Upgrading gens from lvl one takes forever and you see almost no action. Like Build, I prefer getting quickly getting basic gear, and rushing nearby neighbors. Once you have taken out a few islands, you can safely control mid, gear up twice as fast as the campers, have little competition, and easily win.
I think your strategy is great, and it is definitely an amazing way to introduce someone to the game, but I personally belived that action is.... well.... the best course of action :P
Great post by the way. Very well explained and executed. Keep it up! :)

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Great strategy, but it seems very campy. Upgrading gens from lvl one takes forever and you see almost no action. Like Build, I prefer getting quickly getting basic gear, and rushing nearby neighbors. Once you have taken out a few islands, you can safely control mid, gear up twice as fast as the campers, have little competition, and easily win.
I think your strategy is great, and it is definitely an amazing way to introduce someone to the game, but I personally belived that action is.... well.... the best course of action :p
Great post by the way. Very well explained and executed. Keep it up! :)

Thanks, I was just giving a basic idea of how to perform this strategy, it really depends on the situation and map you are playing on. Sometimes, I put my diamonds in a chest and go out to mid just to kill some players and set them back, if I explain every situation and what you would do, it'd take at least an hour to complete so I decided not to. Anyways, your strategy works too, it's just I don't really see a lot of people who do it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Top Bottom