Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

xRubiks

Mar 26, 2017
So I've been playing for a while, and can't really win. Any tips?

(Look, I know the basic things like no mage or ice stacking, and I have Zeus and Turret just cuz)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Basic:
-Scouting. You must scout your opponent's tower placements and observe what they send. This is key to determining what to send for your offense and what to build for your defense.
-Communication is VERY important especially in this game or in any team. As a general rule, bigger teams will make the game harder depending on how well you communicate with your teammates (more teammates = harder to coordinate).
-Don't send your main offense too early. At least send a bit before Armageddon or after.
-Upgrading your mine quickly to the gold block (level 3). This is top priority.
-If you need XP, send cost-effective XP mobs every 15 seconds (e.g. zombies, spiders, caves).
-Don't ever buy personal weapons (i.e. bows and swords). They deal way too little damage for their cost. You're better investing in more defense, a stronger offense, or more XP.
-Don't bother placing turrets. Their damage output is so low for their cost that just 9 level 4 archers beat it in terms of damage per cost.
-Start learning about build orders. I wrote a guide a few months ago detailing this:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/h...ower-defense-build-orders.179951/#post-748497
-Certain towers are strong against other mobs, adequate against others, and weak against others. For example, the necromancer tower is strong against giants but weak against swarms and flyers.

Intermediate:
-Starting from here on out, your XP mob should be zombies only.
-Use freezing potions against tougher waves like air units and giants.
-Support your offense waves with speed (exception: giant, not affected by speed) and regen when needed.
-Save some coins for emergency defense. At this point, you should gradually transition from heavy to lighter, but retaining effective defense depending on your opponent's mob composition. That is, start with a small defense but build more only if your opponent sends in tougher units.
-Consider build spots in maps and take note of any effective chokepoints.
-By now, you should have a basic build order. Every game you may have to change it depending on your opponents and mob/tower composition.

Advanced:
-Use meteor potions against air units, zeus potions against multiple giants.
-Optimally place towers such that you minimize defense costs while maximizing its effectiveness.
-By now, your defense should depend entirely on your opponent's mob composition. That is, that's maybe 1-5 towers to start (well-placed) and then respond as you would usually depending on their mob composition (e.g. if they send air, you respond with archers).

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
Send in a Giant as soon as the 1 minute Armageddon timer starts, then boost it with Speed potions. A Giant is literally a game-ender in most cases.
Giants are unaffected by speed potions. Regen potions are amazing on giants. I also would recommend using Blazes instead of giants with speed, they are expensive but quite deadly. I would also recommend checking into my guides, they are incredibly lengthy but gives you an in-depth idea of how I play and I am at 570 wins now. If you want to see what it looks like when I play I also have a youtube channel that I have posted a few games on. My first guide is below, but do not reply to that as it would be necroposting.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/m...ide-part-one-mobs-and-tower-specifics.174173/

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Giants are unaffected by speed potions. Regen potions are amazing on giants. I also would recommend using Blazes instead of giants with speed, they are expensive but quite deadly. I would also recommend checking into my guides, they are incredibly lengthy but gives you an in-depth idea of how I play and I am at 570 wins now. If you want to see what it looks like when I play I also have a youtube channel that I have posted a few games on. My first guide is below, but do not reply to that as it would be necroposting.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/m...ide-part-one-mobs-and-tower-specifics.174173/
They are affected by speed.

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
They are affected by speed.
in all the time that I have seen speed been thrown on giants it looks like they are completely unaffected, it is even more visual when a speed and a slow is on a giant, if a speed and a slow are on other mobs then they kind of jitter, they go fast and then go slow go fast and then go slow, but when it is a giant it just goes slow. If you have video proof to prove me wrong go ahead. I would love to see it as it would slightly change my play style.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom