Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey Cubecraft,

You may think I'm stupid if you've read the title, but I suggest to stop banning people. Even if they use illegal clients. I'll explain it.

1. Hackers will never stop
Most hackers use alt accounts. If they get banned, they use another alt. Also there will always be new hackers so it will never stop.

2. I get frustrated and scared.
People think I hack every game I play. I'm so scared to get banned and it's just frustrating to hear "Hax! progemermarijn I rec enjoy ban!" While im not even hacking!

3. Innocent people get banned.
As I said in point 1 hackers use alt accounts. The players that deal the most with this ban system are innocent people who know how to PvP. Luckily im not banned yet, but lots of myfriends have been banned multiple times for nothing, and some of them even got their appeals denied.

I hope you will do something with this. Probably you wont unfortunately :/ Comment what you think about it.

Kind regards,
Marijn

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
1. Hackers will never stop
Most hackers use alt accounts. If they get banned, they use another alt. Also there will always be new hackers so it will never stop.
Most hackers don't use alt accounts, and simply find new servers to cheat on once their main account is banned. It's a minority that use stolen alt accounts, but they have the loudest voice.

2. I get frustrated and scared.
People think I hack every game I play. I'm so scared to get banned and it's just frustrating to hear "Hax! progemermarijn I rec enjoy ban!" While im not even hacking!
Staff are not chosen randomly. They shadow, and have their performances reviewed by, long-term staff members (Sr. Mods) to ensure that they know what they're doing. It's very, very unlikely that you'll ever be wrongly banned, so please don't worry about it.

3. Innocent people get banned.
As I said in point 1 hackers use alt accounts. The players that deal the most with this ban system are innocent people who know how to PvP. Luckily im not banned yet, but lots of friends of me have been banned multiple times for nothing, and even their appeals got denied.
This will always be a problem on every server, though again, those that are wrongly banned are a minority that simply have the loudest voice. You never hear about those that are correctly banned, only those that aren't.

but I suggest to stop banning people.
This would mean that everybody on the server would have the freedom to hack at will, without risk of consequence. In other words, it'd kill the server within a week.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
This is not going to happen; we will continue to punish for illegal client modifications no matter what.

1) We'll ban that alt. They come back on another alt? We ban that alt.

2) If you are not using an illegal modification, do not worry. We know a legitimate player from a cheater, and do not ban unless we are 110% sure.

3) This will probably be via. our in house anticheat system, Sentinel. Please advise your friends to appeal, and to describe what they did prior to their ban. CrazyManJR - our anticheat guru, will then be able to reproduce the false positive and fix it as soon as possible. Without your help, we won't be able to change the server for the better.

If you have further questions, feel free to private message me. I will be locking this thread to avoid people repeating the same points.

- Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom