Not open for further replies.

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
Overijssel, The Netherlands
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
Slightly modified repost of this thread, which is a repost of this thread from the old suggestions system.

Current situation
Currently, several game modes, like among slimes or lucky islands, ask you to install a resource pack every time you open the game menu (provided that you haven't installed it). There is no way to not get this question, unless you install it, causing an inconvenience for many players that do not want to download the resource pack.

1647037375637.png

👆 Exhibit A: The annoying question when opening the among slimes menu 👆

Desired situation
Give players the option, in their settings menu, to disable the Resource Pack question. That'll be all.
1647037931838.png

👆 Exhibit B: The settings menu where the 'Ask for resource pack' option should be added 👆

Please react with :agree: Agree if you agree with this suggestion. If you disagree with this suggestion or are unsure about it, please leave a comment as well, I would love to get some feedback about this idea.
~99th_DutchVoid 🧡

Edit: added links to the threads that where great inspiration to this one.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I 100% agree with this. I’m that one person who never ever uses these resource packs. For example, I really enjoy playing Lucky Islands, and I play it a lot. I’m used to not using the resource pack, but whenever I’m the party owner, getting that pop-up is rather annoying.

A feature like such would be really convenient.

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
I 100% agree with this. I’m that one person who never ever uses these resource packs. For example, I really enjoy playing Lucky Islands, and I play it a lot. I’m used to not using the resource pack, but whenever I’m the party owner, getting that pop-up is rather annoying.

A feature like such would be really convenient.
Exactly! You're not alone, though. I don't use the one for Among Slimes and have a more fancy one for Lucky Islands, so I don't ever use the server resource pack either. Let's hope we get that last 5 :agree: agrees

Reactions: FoxFil_

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Instead of adding another annoying setting in the settings menu. Just ask if you want your answer to be remembered. And have use the resource pack thing that's already there at the moment to clear it if you want to change it.
If you don't want it remembered, it won't ask you to remember next time. If you do want it remembered after the clear resource pack will be a "set preference" while not having one active.
Eh, you get the point. Keep it a preference for each one without cluttering general settings since it's not a general setting

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
Instead of adding another annoying setting in the settings menu. Just ask if you want your answer to be remembered. And have use the resource pack thing that's already there at the moment to clear it if you want to change it.
If you don't want it remembered, it won't ask you to remember next time. If you do want it remembered after the clear resource pack will be a "set preference" while not having one active.
Eh, you get the point. Keep it a preference for each one without cluttering general settings since it's not a general setting
Yes, I'd be totally fine with that as well! (that was actually the suggestion in the original thread, oops)

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello 99th_DutchVoid,

We discussed your suggestion within the server team and unfortunately we have decided to deny it.

When discussing your suggestion we felt like it would require more dev time than it would actually improve player experience. This would be a suggestion that would be so low on our priority list, that we likely would never end up actually assigning it to someone. For this reason we denied your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom