Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

libraryaddict

Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Mar 31, 2016
I just want to prefix this by saying that.

This is a game idea from me, not something CubeCraft is adding!

Secondly, this is actually something I made and was extremely fun. But the code for it was lost, and it was never released.

The Game

Introduce a small map, 50x50 or so. Grass, some trees. Leaves creating a 6 block high border around the map.

Players spawn inside that map, they can walk around. There are chickens in this map, they are also walking around. Clucking.

On top of their head is a nametag, it tells you that their name is "Duck"

Whips out gun

Lets go duck hunting.

Players must kill the ducks to progress through the stages. In the first stage, the ducks are just normal ducks.

In every stage, unless the ducks are unique they will respawn at a distance away from the players so you can keep attacking them. They will also drop feathers when killed which can be picked up. The longer the feathers are not picked up, the larger the item pickup radius becomes.

When enough ducks have been killed, the stage ends and a shop appears for 30 seconds. Players can browse through items and powerups to view and purchase them using the feathers.

Items are the normal swords, axes, armor and bow/arrow gear. Obviously there's tiers with higher prices.

Powerups are special powers that players can unlock, such as regeneration. A firey aura, a knockback blast, extra lives, suicidal blast. There's at least 15 different powerups, their prices can vary as can their effects. You can mix and match them with little consequence, however some powers are demanding. The "Butchers Axe" power demands you use an axe for instance, but in return you gain a cry that scares all nearby ducks into running which can give you breathing room.

The next stage begins, not all ducks stand still pathetically to be slaughtered. Instead some of the ducks have their name changed to "Angry Duck" and they will actually attack the player with weak melee.

You will notice that you're now getting more feathers, and with each stage. The ducks are getting harder, more health.

If you take too long to clear a stage, then the ducks will slowly grow faster and deal more damage. If you don't work fast enough, you will die.

Now this sounds very cute and all, but you have not seen terror until you're swarmed by chickens that can, and will kill you. And there's too many to hurt.

Ducks

Duck Warrior, more health. More damage.

Duck Archer, it chucks eggs.

Duck Knight, a unique boss and surrounded by warriors.

Duck Berserker, high damage. Low health. Hope you invested in ranged attacks or powers.

Duck Wizard, it can cast magic spells.

Duck Generals, there are 8 of them and they must be killed. They will spawn with a miniature army.

Duck Princess, explodes when close to a player with a cute kissing sound. Also hurts other ducks.

Duck King, he surrounds himself with ducks when he spawns and will rapidly run away if approached.

Duck Warlord, unique boss and spawns ducks around it. It has a cooldown timer for the spawning, but you need to attack the duck directly to end it.

Demoducklist, he plays with explosives.

So on and so on, until you reach the final boss.

Duck God.

The game should be balanced so if half of your team has already died, then unless the remaining half of your team is very skilled. You will lose. The objective isn't to have fun, it's to survive to the end with a solid setup of gear and powers. This is where it's fun, if you play halfheartedly then you will lose and you will want to do better next time.

The Duck God has several special attacks, from flaming meteors, dragon eggs that will spawn ducks if not broken to throwing bombs around. Armorstands can be used here for the effects.

Mechanics

There are also several mechanics here to take note of.

Players can gain explosive abilities, the ducks also have explosive abilities. The map will be damaged 100%.

However during the stage the map will slowly regenerate, and when you are between stages the map will rapidly regenerate before the next stage begins. I did work on this, and I never noticed the map regenerate unless I was specifically watching for it.

When a player dies, a dead body will appear with text floating above him asking nearby players to pay a price to revive him. If someone is willing, they can pay to bring their ally back to life. But this has a 2 minute timer and the price scales as the stages progress.

To counter camping on top of blocks, a tiny velocity effect is applied every second to players on inaccessible areas to knock them off the block. Only noticeable if you are not moving.

The hitboxes of the ducks are larger for both melee and ranged attacks, this makes it easier to hit them.

When the stage ends, all the remaining ducks will start flying away from the map and despawn after 5 seconds.

The Duck God talks to the "humans" before each stage starts, and after the stage. He introduces the new ducks and rages when his ducks are defeated.

I recommend a resource pack to be used for the game, mostly for the sounds.

When the stage ends, everyone is given feathers. But obviously if you didn't pick any up during the game then you will still be behind.

Whoever killed the duck gets first dibs to the feathers for 5 seconds, then anyone can pick them up. However the pickup radius for other players is half the distance. If possible, spawn more feathers depending on how many people attacked the duck and drop them for each player.

When you pickup a feather, you don't instantly get a notification. Instead you hear a tiny ding and after 10 seconds if you pick up no other feathers it will tell you "You picked up 54 feathers"

You can see how many feathers you have in the sidebar.

Other Ideas.

There's other ideas for this game, such as having different ducks which are randomly selected so in one playthrough you may not meet Prince Harry and will instead meet Prince John.

The map could be changed so that instead of playing on a single map, you are playing on multiple maps per stages. So you're in a normal field, then you're fighting outside a castle against warriors, then you're fighting inside the castle courtyard against knights, then you're fighting a duck king in the throne room.

To vary it up a bit, instead of simply attacking everyone. Include stages where the ducks obviously have done something and the players need to overcome it. Such as the duck god announcing that the players will never pull the levers to disable the bomb in time.

D

Deleted member 352903

I love ducks. I would like to see this game implemented.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I just want to prefix this by saying that.

This is a game idea from me, not something CubeCraft is adding!

Secondly, this is actually something I made and was extremely fun. But the code for it was lost, and it was never released.

The Game

Introduce a small map, 50x50 or so. Grass, some trees. Leaves creating a 6 block high border around the map.

Players spawn inside that map, they can walk around. There are chickens in this map, they are also walking around. Clucking.

On top of their head is a nametag, it tells you that their name is "Duck"

Whips out gun

Lets go duck hunting.

Players must kill the ducks to progress through the stages. In the first stage, the ducks are just normal ducks.

In every stage, unless the ducks are unique they will respawn at a distance away from the players so you can keep attacking them. They will also drop feathers when killed which can be picked up. The longer the feathers are not picked up, the larger the item pickup radius becomes.

When enough ducks have been killed, the stage ends and a shop appears for 30 seconds. Players can browse through items and powerups to view and purchase them using the feathers.

Items are the normal swords, axes, armor and bow/arrow gear. Obviously there's tiers with higher prices.

Powerups are special powers that players can unlock, such as regeneration. A firey aura, a knockback blast, extra lives, suicidal blast. There's at least 15 different powerups, their prices can vary as can their effects. You can mix and match them with little consequence, however some powers are demanding. The "Butchers Axe" power demands you use an axe for instance, but in return you gain a cry that scares all nearby ducks into running which can give you breathing room.

The next stage begins, not all ducks stand still pathetically to be slaughtered. Instead some of the ducks have their name changed to "Angry Duck" and they will actually attack the player with weak melee.

You will notice that you're now getting more feathers, and with each stage. The ducks are getting harder, more health.

If you take too long to clear a stage, then the ducks will slowly grow faster and deal more damage. If you don't work fast enough, you will die.

Now this sounds very cute and all, but you have not seen terror until you're swarmed by chickens that can, and will kill you. And there's too many to hurt.

Ducks

Duck Warrior, more health. More damage.

Duck Archer, it chucks eggs.

Duck Knight, a unique boss and surrounded by warriors.

Duck Berserker, high damage. Low health. Hope you invested in ranged attacks or powers.

Duck Wizard, it can cast magic spells.

Duck Generals, there are 8 of them and they must be killed. They will spawn with a miniature army.

Duck Princess, explodes when close to a player with a cute kissing sound. Also hurts other ducks.

Duck King, he surrounds himself with ducks when he spawns and will rapidly run away if approached.

Duck Warlord, unique boss and spawns ducks around it. It has a cooldown timer for the spawning, but you need to attack the duck directly to end it.

Demoducklist, he plays with explosives.

So on and so on, until you reach the final boss.

Duck God.

The game should be balanced so if half of your team has already died, then unless the remaining half of your team is very skilled. You will lose. The objective isn't to have fun, it's to survive to the end with a solid setup of gear and powers. This is where it's fun, if you play halfheartedly then you will lose and you will want to do better next time.

The Duck God has several special attacks, from flaming meteors, dragon eggs that will spawn ducks if not broken to throwing bombs around. Armorstands can be used here for the effects.

Mechanics

There are also several mechanics here to take note of.

Players can gain explosive abilities, the ducks also have explosive abilities. The map will be damaged 100%.

However during the stage the map will slowly regenerate, and when you are between stages the map will rapidly regenerate before the next stage begins. I did work on this, and I never noticed the map regenerate unless I was specifically watching for it.

When a player dies, a dead body will appear with text floating above him asking nearby players to pay a price to revive him. If someone is willing, they can pay to bring their ally back to life. But this has a 2 minute timer and the price scales as the stages progress.

To counter camping on top of blocks, a tiny velocity effect is applied every second to players on inaccessible areas to knock them off the block. Only noticeable if you are not moving.

The hitboxes of the ducks are larger for both melee and ranged attacks, this makes it easier to hit them.

When the stage ends, all the remaining ducks will start flying away from the map and despawn after 5 seconds.

The Duck God talks to the "humans" before each stage starts, and after the stage. He introduces the new ducks and rages when his ducks are defeated.

I recommend a resource pack to be used for the game, mostly for the sounds.

When the stage ends, everyone is given feathers. But obviously if you didn't pick any up during the game then you will still be behind.

Whoever killed the duck gets first dibs to the feathers for 5 seconds, then anyone can pick them up. However the pickup radius for other players is half the distance. If possible, spawn more feathers depending on how many people attacked the duck and drop them for each player.

When you pickup a feather, you don't instantly get a notification. Instead you hear a tiny ding and after 10 seconds if you pick up no other feathers it will tell you "You picked up 54 feathers"

You can see how many feathers you have in the sidebar.

Other Ideas.

There's other ideas for this game, such as having different ducks which are randomly selected so in one playthrough you may not meet Prince Harry and will instead meet Prince John.

The map could be changed so that instead of playing on a single map, you are playing on multiple maps per stages. So you're in a normal field, then you're fighting outside a castle against warriors, then you're fighting inside the castle courtyard against knights, then you're fighting a duck king in the throne room.

To vary it up a bit, instead of simply attacking everyone. Include stages where the ducks obviously have done something and the players need to overcome it. Such as the duck god announcing that the players will never pull the levers to disable the bomb in time.
It's basically mob arena

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
*Deep inhale*
y no parrots. x.x

Anyways, I love this idea. It'd be a fun game to try out, and it sounds really unique! .3.

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Slime Survival is basically tag. SurvivalGames is basically hungergames. Skywars is basically SG but with a new map
You've got a point, but it is still like mobarena and I don't really like that game so idk if I want it implemented, you could give it a nice personal touch

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom