Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Language support
I have to admit it would be useful for players that are so young aged that they don't speak english yet. But this would be only a little thing to add
I just find it useful for people who aren't good ad english to have different languages, and it is not a real big thing they done.
And do you think criticizing the staff members will fix it? I've spent (along with many others) many hours (days of work, some people weeks) on doing this, and when it is released, it gets criticized. I understand that some translations aren't always perfect, but you're welcome to message any staff member to say to the Translation Team that there is a mistake on a translation and what the translation should be instead of the one that currently is there.

No one is forcing you to stay here, and I wouldn't mind someone who doesn't do anything but criticize what is being done to leave the community.

Sammitox

Apr 12, 2016
Really?
Do you have any idea how many bugs still need to be fixed? We don't have 100 developers.
So please, don't be like that towards the awesome developers we have.
They are honestly working their but off to improve Cubecraft.
THATS WHY YOU NEED MORE DEV WHY IS THIS SERVER NEVER LISSEN TO OTHER PEOPLES pplzlzpllpzp

Reactions: Zhypo

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
all this stuff about criticizing and whatnot... smh, so people aren't allowed to criticize your work, staff? it's a thing called freedom of speech hey have you heard of it?
Yes you can, but do not criticize us in a way of not doing our work properly. Seriously, some people have to stop blaming staff, if you don't like the new updates which took us lots of hours/days to get done, then leave this community. All the players/staff who like it here don't deserve all this hate on the Forums. It's everyone their choice to leave, not ours.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Last edited:

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
all this stuff about criticizing and whatnot... smh, so people aren't allowed to criticize your work, staff? it's a thing called freedom of speech hey have you heard of it?
Freedom of speech is a thing, blaming people for "not doing their work properly" and hiding behind the sentence "It's my opinion" is another thing.

Reactions: HackersDontWin

amgjmg

Sep 2, 2016
NoobLand
Call me a butt kisser, but I'm sure the staff and developers haven't just decided to ignore all the other bugs and issues with the server. And its not like they spent months adding the new death messages instead of spending that time fixing a bug. I'm sure the death messages took no more than a day so they probably didn't consume too much time. You have to understand most of the staff are in college or highschool so many of them are trying to balance work and play and can't devote 100% of their time to a computer game.

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hi

So bare this in mind I am not a developer (so issues regarding certain bugs I cannot address), however I did contribute a lot to this SkyWars update and what went into it and will discuss specifics. That is why I want to reply to this topic due to your lack of knowledge of what actually goes into an update.

The update was much needed for this specific game as it had been months since it had last been updated, and it was very exciting to get a lot of content out on it.

Language support
I have to admit it would be useful for players that are so young aged that they don't speak english yet. But this would be only a little thing to add

Translating thousands of words in Dutch and Spanish is not a "little" task. Our voluntary translation team works very hard translating words, it takes hours and hours to get the end result. Including the translation of custom map items, if a Spanish user drops their custom item and a Dutch user picks it up, it will even translate that to their native language. That's how much detail we put into it. It has a very sophisticated plugin and shouldn't be belittled by any means.

Balanced abilities
I don't know what you guys understand onder "balanced" because since the update I haven't noticed any difference in the KB of people with the ability, I asked arround and I ain't the only one who didn't notice any difference in them. if someone balances them I would gues they would remove the whole kb thing, or at least make it so it's close to nothing of the normal knockback

When abilities was first released, the numbers were huge. Anyways we wanted to balance it by doubling the prices of combat related abilities as well as hugely nerfing ridiculous high %. This will hopefully prevent annoying deaths by a guy who is barely taking any damage from arrows, or fall damage, then 3 hitting his opponent, because he is fully maxed out. Here are the specific changes from old abilities to new:

Old Abilities
25 points, 50 points, 100 points, 500 points, 1000 points, 2500 points, 5000 points, 10000 points
Cost of upgrade

Triple Arrow Show - Shoot 3 arrows at same time
5% chance, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40%

Adrenaline boost - When you get hurt have the chance to get a speed boost
4%, 8%, 12%, 16%, 20%, 24%, 28%, 32%

Feather Weight - Take less fall damage
50% less fall damage, 10% of the time, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%,. 80%

Aggressive mode - Do more damage when you have less than 5 hearts
Inflict 50% more damage 7% of the time, 14%, 21%, 28%, 35%, 42%, 49%, 56%

Arrow tank - Take less damage from arrows
5% chance of taking 50% less damage, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40%

Mining luck - mining skill is increased so you can get double the ore

Woodcutting luck - woodcutting skill is increased so you can get double the wood

Pirate - find hidden treasures in dirt
4%, 6%, 8%, 10%, 12%, 14%, 16%, 18%

Fire resistance - Take less fire damage
50% less fire damage, 10% of the time, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%,. 80%

New Abilities
Triple Arrow Show
- Shoot 3 arrows at same time
4% chance, 6%, 8%, 10%, 12%, 14%, 16%, 18%
50 points, 100 points, 200 points, 1000 points, 2000 points, 5000 points, 10000 points, 20000 points

Adrenaline boost - When you get hurt have the chance to get a speed boost
50 points, 100 points, 200 points, 1000 points, 2000 points, 5000 points, 10000 points, 20000 points

Featherweight - Take less fall damage
50% less fall damage, 4% of the time, 8%, 12%, 16%, 20%, 24%, 28%, 32%

Aggressive mode - Do more damage when you have less than 5 hearts
Inflict 50% more damage 2% of the time, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10%, 12%, 14%, 16%

Arrow tank - Take less damage from arrows
4% chance of taking 50% less damage, 6%, 8%, 10%, 12%, 14%, 16%, 18%

Mining luck - mining skill is increased so you can get double the ore
25 points, 50 points, 100 points, 500 points, 1000 points, 2500 points, 5000 points, 10000 points

Woodcutting luck - woodcutting skill is increased so you can get double the wood

Pirate - find hidden treasures in dirt

Fire resistance - Take less fire damage
50% less fire damage, 4% of the time, 8%, 12%, 16%, 20%, 24%, 28%, 32%

Fancy death messages
Really, great man! something useless, aint we glad that these amazing things get added.. like, this is cool and all. but do more useful updates in staid of making things look good, while there are so many things to fix.

Sorry you feel this way about new features being added even if they make the game you play look nicer. Bugs are constantly being fixed in general across the entire network. Not at the pace we would like, and this is why we are advertising more development jobs if you wasn't aware: https://jobs.cubecraft.net

Nerfed punch
This is just dumb in my opinion, first kb4 sword get removed, then punch gets "nerfed" like whats next? godapples will be removed orso? it is overpowered for some reason..

It's not dumb when we've had numerous threads requesting they be nerfed/removed. Overpowered completely slowed down the game, and reduced to who could camp the longest. The SkyWars update thread received mostly positive community feedback about the removal of punch bows.

Team signs
Like great for new players that they can visually see how much people per team, only most don't play with a big group. people like me that have been here for over a year know every map already and with how much per team etc.

Although 'you' may know how many players each map has, majority of players don't. We aim to be a very user friendly network and this helps us achieve that just a little bit more.

Fixed bugs for puffer fish, achievements, fish kit
Well, that's 3 bugs out. still 1 REALLY IMPORTANT one to go.
Yes, like there has been reported serveral times. the enderpearl bug, a bug that has been here for litterally ages. and never got fixed.
all we heared about it was "we cant fix it because of player combat time" this is pure bullcrap, why can other servers like badlion, hypixel and mineplex have it then. just make it so enderpearls always land, what ever the condision or where it's trown.

A bug is a bug, it's few less than we had before. Not sure who you are quoting with "we cant fix it because of player combat time", I'd be happy to look at the thread myself and redirect it to the right person, if the bug you have reported is valid.

Map specific items
another one, great and fun. but it just like trying to cover up the bads by adding new things, and not solving old bugs.

Not sure why you are complaining about a "great and fun" feature? And our intention is not to cover up anything bad, it's purely to make the game better and do something that no other big network has done to keep being innovative. Over 50 custom items were added, including probability changes so certain blocks would show up to its more suited map, such as sandstone on desert. All these custom items were translated as well, because we care so much about our multilingual community.

More practical lobby layout
The lobby was fine? why would people care about how it was... now it is just less choises of maps

Although the number of signs have been limited, a lot of the previous signs never filled, or constantly showed 'searching for games'. We have to follow the same lobby layout throughout the network to maintain consistency. And as an added bonus you have to run less to get to the sign board.

when will this come out, and will you actually have a date that you are will be saying, because as of right now it isn't anything more than never.

We don't ever set dates for public knowledge, I don't personally. This is due to projects changing so quickly and some things take priority over others (this is purely speaking about my builder projects). As for Anti-Cheat I can't make any official statement other than https://jobs.cubecraft.net
The current Anti-cheat isn't great, this isn't news to us. We wish some things were as simple as me shouting at a computer and telling anti-cheat to be better, trust me I've tried it doesn't listen. Jokes aside, the current anti cheat can have its numbers tweaked all we like, however it will never be perfect. All I can simply ask is for you to be patient.

Also just to explain more about the Skywars update, anything map related this thread should cover it: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/skywars-map-changelog.170685/ I put a lot of effort into it so hope you check that out as you seemed to have missed out the 'HUGE' maps update in your 'feedback'.

Hope that explains a lot, and I'm locking the thread due to not a single thing you said being a suggestion or constructive in any way, more of just feedback (ramble). Feel free to express your frustrations in another forum topic. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
Top Bottom