• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
As far as I know, Sentinel flags hackers to confirm that they are actually hacking. Some time later, it performs a ban wave to almost instantly ban every single player that has been flagged. If this is correct, a commmand like this could just ban the player if they're flagged so we don't have to wait for the ban wave.
Is this correct and/or possible @CrazymanJR ?
Just summarizing: This doesn't make Sentinel specifically keep an eye on the player. This command would issue the ban if Sentinel has him/her flagged as a hacker.
except HelloPicksel's watchdog is on different code
so just because HelloPicksel has a working system
doesn't mean there is no lag created and there are no crashes due to it with Sentinel
Having an anticheat check to see if someone is cheating creates lag, I'm 99% sure the only reason Hypixel implemented /wdr was to reduce the amount of lag caused by watchdog as it only does "heavy" checks after someone uses the command.
This wouldn't work. Just report rule breakers on the website. Think about abuse of this command. Some ppl might report players to the anitcheat for hacking just bc they killed them. This would screw pros over opening noobs to this command (if anticheat doesn't check if they're actually hacking first) and players could spam the command to crash the plugin, which might cause damage to it that a dev has to manually repair.
PS idk if its possible to damage a plugin by crashing it.
Put a 5 minute delay on the command, problem solved.

It isnt possible to damage a plugin by crashing it btw, just reboot it after it crashes and it should be fine.

Reactions: Deeds

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Having an anticheat check to see if someone is cheating creates lag, I'm 99% sure the only reason Hypixel implemented /wdr was to reduce the amount of lag caused by watchdog as it only does "heavy" checks after someone uses the command.

It isnt possible to damage a plugin by crashing it btw, just reboot it after it crashes and it should be fine.
Read my original argument please
I said it could lag/crash the server

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US

This should work.
That's about 20 /sr reports an hour.

although I doubt that you will find 20 hackers in an hour.

Also, I think it would be good to have a max of 10 /sr reports a day. Mainly so people cant report .legit players all the time.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Staff?
910745_R_Z001.jpg

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Looking at the idea at first it seems like a great one but the more you look into the details you start to find a few issues.
#1 : I like the idea of a trial face but it would be overwhelming for Sentinel. Sentinel would receive multiple requests to view a certain player which may be difficult for it to monitor other players like it would normally do.
#2 : Too many people = a slow weak sentinel. If too many people request help from Sentinel, it would become slower and could potentially crash due to the high amount of requests of help. Everything has it's limit, even an Anti-Cheat. Sentinel is already looking at players at it's own pace but good enough to catch a good amount of hackers.
-----------
Potential fixes (not 100% if it would work).
#1 : There would be 2 Sentinels. One who would do the automated bans & the other who would wait for requests from players. This way you won't be slowing down the original Sentinel's work by making a clone of it who would due the manual bans.
#2 : There could be a cooldown to how many times you could request help from Sentinel #2 so it could deal with other hackers before assisting you and not get overwhelmed (even if it did you would still have the original one to perform the automated bans).

[Issue with having a second Sentinel is managing it, since your getting double the effort that you usually get from Sentinel]
-----
Question :
2017-06-08_14-56-12-png.133649

Once you type in the command, this setup would appear in your hotbar.

-Diamond sword: PvP Hacking, Such as:
Kill aura
Reach
Aim-bot
Auto-Critical, etc.
When a player is using hacks to win a PvP fight, click the Diamond Sword.

-Feather: Fly Hacking (I would use an Elytra but its not in 1.8)
When a player is fly hacking, click the feather

-Swiftness Potion: Speed / B-Hop
When a player is using speed hacks, such as B-Hop, click the Swiftness Potion.

-Red Stained Glass:
If you want to cancel your report, click one of the red stained glass' in your hotbar.
What if you were in the middle of a game with items. Would your items disappear giving you a disadvantage?

Play_list

Feb 26, 2016
Netherlands
Sential is not an anti-cheat that needs to get reports of players it just collects all data made by players and hackers an compares it with all the data other players make if a player has the same data as a hacker that has been banned before it wil remember the players name and ban it in an ban wave.

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
READ ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE REPLYING!!!!!!!!!!

In this suggestion, I would like to introduce a somewhat new topic from my knowledge.
- /sentinelreport. Or, /sr

What does it do?
-It is an in-game report feature. It is made for reporting people in-game.

"Well Deeds, they got rid of this due to abuse of the command."
Not this command. .This command goes to the anti-cheat, sentinel, similar to lowpixels "/watchdogreport", or, "/wdr".
Staff do NOT receive notifications about a player using /sr. It is sentinel's job to see if the player is hacking. After all, it is Cube's anti-cheat.

"Well Deeds, we have a report website to report players."

Yup, I know.
However, this is beneficial to those who do not have a recording software, such as Bandicam.
"Why cant they just download one?"
You don't know what is behind another's screen.
Maybe they don't have one because their parents won't let them have one.
Maybe their computer can't handle having a recording software on it.
You never know.

False Bans.
-As we know, Sentinel has a record for apparent false bans.
As of now, the players who get falsely banned by sentinel have to appeal and contact CrazymanJR.
"Well Deeds, with the false bans, wouldn't /sr cause false bans as well?"
That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Sentinel needs to be improved.
On a daily basis, I usually see someone complaining about a false ban.
We need sentinel to be updated to recognize actual hacks, and not laggy and skilled players as hackers.
It needs to be updated to:
1- Have a strong Anti-Bypass feature for clients that bypass sentinel
2- Have it look for advanced versions of common types of hacks. Not like an OP version of KA, but a KA where it looks legit, but its really hacks.
3- It needs information on how to ban the people who are using new and advanced clients, Flux, Wurst, LiquidBounce, etc. (yes I watch xTurtle)

Trial Phase.
- There should be a trial phase of this for all ranked players. (Or everyone, just tell me what you think below) (Staff, excluding helpers, can just ban people in-game)
"Why a trial phase? Why not just for everyone automatically?"
From my knowledge, most people who have ranks are usually pretty good and can tell when someone is hacking or not. (Most people, not all)
This is only a trial phase. If it goes successful, then it will be released to everyone on the server.
The trial phase should last about 1 Month, If successful, it gets implemented. If not, it gets scrapped.

Layout.
-There should be a layout for this report, this is what I was thinking.

View attachment 133648
This picture is what the command would look like. Although in place of my name, put the player you are reporting.View attachment 133649
Once you type in the command, this setup would appear in your hotbar.

-Diamond sword: PvP Hacking, Such as:
Kill aura
Reach
Aim-bot
Auto-Critical, etc.
When a player is using hacks to win a PvP fight, click the Diamond Sword.

-Feather: Fly Hacking (I would use an Elytra but its not in 1.8)
When a player is fly hacking, click the feather

-Swiftness Potion: Speed / B-Hop
When a player is using speed hacks, such as B-Hop, click the Swiftness Potion.

-Red Stained Glass:
If you want to cancel your report, click one of the red stained glass' in your hotbar.

Report Website.
-This will still be a major component of Cube's success.
If a player is not 100% sure that a player is in fact hacking, he can take a video and report over here: https://reports.cubecraft.net/ , so you can have staff make sure of your accusation.

Permanent Record.
-The /sr command will always be with you.
If this gets added, there will be 2 report pages.
1- Normal report site
2- Sentinel report

The normal report site will do what it does already
The Sentinel report site will keep your /sr reports on record.
HOWEVER, this will require a feature in which players will be able to link their minecraft accounts with their forums account. (plz)
(The permanent record idea isn't very good imo, but it might be cool)
"Will the /sr reports effect your chances at becoming staff if they are denied by sentinel?
Answer: No, it will not effect your chances at becoming staff. It wont effect if they are denied or accepted. This is regarding the "quality over quantity" part.
So if you are planning on becoming staff soon, you will have to get a screen recorder and report players on the report website. Plus, to become staff, your reports on the website should probably be staff approved.

So, I guess that about wraps this up.
And please, do NOT say things like, "report them here: *link* lock @staff" or "this was abused in the past and will not be re-implemented so lock @staff"

Like I said above, it cannot be abused as bad as last time, as staff do not receive constant spam of accused hackers. Its all up to sentinel! :D
I said no just because it is so simular to the recent /report command that got removed due to spamming. For your reports on the forums, provide extra details if you don't have bandicam, like say who was in the lobby the time the hacker let loose and have the mods ask them. If they come to reasoning, they will ban the hacker, even if pictures weren't used. A good idea though, it might need a little editing.

Reactions: Lilleh__
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom