• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
READ ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE REPLYING!!!!!!!!!!

In this suggestion, I would like to introduce a somewhat new topic from my knowledge.
- /sentinelreport. Or, /sr

What does it do?
-It is an in-game report feature. It is made for reporting people in-game.

"Well Deeds, they got rid of this due to abuse of the command."
Not this command. .This command goes to the anti-cheat, sentinel, similar to lowpixels "/watchdogreport", or, "/wdr".
Staff do NOT receive notifications about a player using /sr. It is sentinel's job to see if the player is hacking. After all, it is Cube's anti-cheat.

"Well Deeds, we have a report website to report players."

Yup, I know.
However, this is beneficial to those who do not have a recording software, such as Bandicam.
"Why cant they just download one?"
You don't know what is behind another's screen.
Maybe they don't have one because their parents won't let them have one.
Maybe their computer can't handle having a recording software on it.
You never know.

False Bans.
-As we know, Sentinel has a record for apparent false bans.
As of now, the players who get falsely banned by sentinel have to appeal and contact CrazymanJR.
"Well Deeds, with the false bans, wouldn't /sr cause false bans as well?"
That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Sentinel needs to be improved.
On a daily basis, I usually see someone complaining about a false ban.
We need sentinel to be updated to recognize actual hacks, and not laggy and skilled players as hackers.
It needs to be updated to:
1- Have a strong Anti-Bypass feature for clients that bypass sentinel
2- Have it look for advanced versions of common types of hacks. Not like an OP version of KA, but a KA where it looks legit, but its really hacks.
3- It needs information on how to ban the people who are using new and advanced clients, Flux, Wurst, LiquidBounce, etc. (yes I watch xTurtle)

Trial Phase.
- There should be a trial phase of this for all ranked players. (Or everyone, just tell me what you think below) (Staff, excluding helpers, can just ban people in-game)
"Why a trial phase? Why not just for everyone automatically?"
From my knowledge, most people who have ranks are usually pretty good and can tell when someone is hacking or not. (Most people, not all)
This is only a trial phase. If it goes successful, then it will be released to everyone on the server.
The trial phase should last about 1 Month, If successful, it gets implemented. If not, it gets scrapped.

Layout.
-There should be a layout for this report, this is what I was thinking.

2017-06-08_14.44.43.png

This picture is what the command would look like. Although in place of my name, put the player you are reporting.
2017-06-08_14.56.12.png

Once you type in the command, this setup would appear in your hotbar.

-Diamond sword: PvP Hacking, Such as:
Kill aura
Reach
Aim-bot
Auto-Critical, etc.
When a player is using hacks to win a PvP fight, click the Diamond Sword.

-Feather: Fly Hacking (I would use an Elytra but its not in 1.8)
When a player is fly hacking, click the feather

-Swiftness Potion: Speed / B-Hop
When a player is using speed hacks, such as B-Hop, click the Swiftness Potion.

-Red Stained Glass:
If you want to cancel your report, click one of the red stained glass' in your hotbar.

Report Website.
-This will still be a major component of Cube's success.
If a player is not 100% sure that a player is in fact hacking, he can take a video and report over here: https://reports.cubecraft.net/ , so you can have staff make sure of your accusation.

Permanent Record.
-The /sr command will always be with you.
If this gets added, there will be 2 report pages.
1- Normal report site
2- Sentinel report

The normal report site will do what it does already
The Sentinel report site will keep your /sr reports on record.
HOWEVER, this will require a feature in which players will be able to link their minecraft accounts with their forums account. (plz)
(The permanent record idea isn't very good imo, but it might be cool)
"Will the /sr reports effect your chances at becoming staff if they are denied by sentinel?
Answer: No, it will not effect your chances at becoming staff. It wont effect if they are denied or accepted. This is regarding the "quality over quantity" part.
So if you are planning on becoming staff soon, you will have to get a screen recorder and report players on the report website. Plus, to become staff, your reports on the website should probably be staff approved.

So, I guess that about wraps this up.
And please, do NOT say things like, "report them here: *link* lock @staff" or "this was abused in the past and will not be re-implemented so lock @staff"

Like I said above, it cannot be abused as bad as last time, as staff do not receive constant spam of accused hackers. Its all up to sentinel! :D

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Somewhere in the dark abyss
That was... a lot to read.
But the suggestion is awesome.
I love the idea of having a /sr, it'll speed up the process of getting hackers banned. Soo, if someone used /sr, is it basically just asking sentinal to keep an eye on that player? If so, I would love this suggestion to be added. Great idea Deeds! :P

Reactions: Deeds

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Sentinel isn't like a robot you can summon to come and observe a game. It tracks every movement made by every player in every game. If it's not catching a hacker, doing /sr won't make it any more able to catch that hacker. The only way to improve Sentinel is for @CrazymanJR to record and analyze data collected from known hackers and make it so Sentinel can better detect the patterns recorded by hack clients. I'm obviously not the most qualified person to speak on Sentinel's behalf, so I'll let Crazy analyze your comment and give his feedback as well. For now though, this suggestion seems rather redundant.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
This is actually the same as /report [players] [reason] but this report goes to the Anti-Cheat which's better. But isn't this going to be abused? Also maybe this isn't even possible, I don't know but maybe.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Sentinel isn't like a robot you can summon to come and observe a game. It tracks every movement made by every player in every game. If it's not catching a hacker, doing /sr won't make it any more able to catch that hacker. The only way to improve Sentinel is for @CrazymanJR to record and analyze data collected from known hackers and make it so Sentinel can better detect the patterns recorded by hack clients. I'm obviously not the most qualified person to speak on Sentinel's behalf, so I'll let Crazy analyze your comment and give his feedback as well. For now though, this suggestion seems rather redundant.
You are right.

But at the same time, this will allow players to inform sentinel of someone that may be hacking.
Sentinel will then pay close attention to all who are reported through /sr, while still observing every other player on the server.

Reactions: D0RIAN

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
This is actually the same as /report [players] [reason] but this report goes to the Anti-Cheat which's better. But isn't this going to be abused? Also maybe this isn't even possible, I don't know but maybe.
Well, from my knowledge it is possible.
lowpikel can make it work with there anticheat, then surely we can with ours.

Yes, all in game report systems do get abused. Except staff wont be spammed with notifications this time.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Well, from my knowledge it is possible.
lowpikel can make it work with there anticheat, then surely we can with ours.
Ah, well I don't know about their Anti-Cheat, but I know for sure CubeCraft's better. Also, CrazymanJR knows if it's possible or if it's not (I think).

Yes, all in game report systems do get abused. Except staff wont be spammed with notifications this time.
No indeed, but Sentinel will and I think Sentinel will get a timeout or something if the command gets abused.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Once you type in the command, this setup would appear in your hotbar.
-Diamond sword: PvP Hacking, Such as:
Kill aura
Reach
Aim-bot
Auto-Critical, etc.
When a player is using hacks to win a PvP fight, click the Diamond Sword.
appose to just saying
/sr DeedsDaDog kill aura

as for the suggestion I think you missed something important
Deeds wouldn't this overflow Sentinel with players doing /sr and possibly lag the server out/crash the server (maybe even destroy the anti-cheat as it stands

JasperEdits

Aug 26, 2016
GREAT IDEA!!! But the reports page will be dead if they add this v,: but the idea is really great!

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
appose to just saying
/sr DeedsDaDog kill aura

as for the suggestion I think you missed something important
Deeds wouldn't this overflow Sentinel with players doing /sr and possibly lag the server out/crash the server (maybe even destroy the anti-cheat as it stands
The layout is cooler imo.

Also, with crashing sentinel.
Lowpikels wtachdog is a more developed anticheat, but it mannages to stay alive with /wdr reports every few minutes.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
As it stands, (and Taco has mentioned) Sentinel already watches over all players on the server and does not need a command to be activated. It is currently being improved everyday by the Dev's. Unless the dev's see a purpose to adding this, I don't think it will change anything as Sentinel works 24/7.

Also, I feel if there was an overload of reports it may cause issues with Sentinel (possibly crashing it) which would cause issues.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
This wouldn't work. Just report rule breakers on the website. Think about abuse of this command. Some ppl might report players to the anitcheat for hacking just bc they killed them. This would screw pros over opening noobs to this command (if anticheat doesn't check if they're actually hacking first) and players could spam the command to crash the plugin, which might cause damage to it that a dev has to manually repair.
PS idk if its possible to damage a plugin by crashing it.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net

As far as I know, Sentinel flags hackers to confirm that they are actually hacking. Some time later, it performs a ban wave to almost instantly ban every single player that has been flagged. If this is correct, a commmand like this could just ban the player if they're flagged so we don't have to wait for the ban wave.
Is this correct and/or possible @CrazymanJR ?
Just summarizing: This doesn't make Sentinel specifically keep an eye on the player. This command would issue the ban if Sentinel has him/her flagged as a hacker.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
As far as I know, Sentinel flags hackers to confirm that they are actually hacking. Some time later, it performs a ban wave to almost instantly ban every single player that has been flagged. If this is correct, a commmand like this could just ban the player if they're flagged so we don't have to wait for the ban wave.
Is this correct and/or possible @CrazymanJR ?
Just summarizing: This doesn't make Sentinel specifically keep an eye on the player. This command would issue the ban if Sentinel has him/her flagged as a hacker.

Wait, wouldn't that just completely go against the while concept of ban waves? And it kinda seems like giving the average player the ability to basically ban someone in a way. Kinda.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Wait, wouldn't that just completely go against the while concept of ban waves? And it kinda seems like giving the average player the ability to basically ban someone in a way. Kinda.
Ban wave = automatic, will happen no matter what. If he wasn't "reported", he'd be banned by this instead.
Report command thing = Manual, but the player would get banned with or without it.

Reactions: Deeds
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Top Bottom