Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Have you ever been in a call with your friends and you have to go and you come back and they are in a game and they don't want to leave? Or is a friend on your friends list in a game but you can't join in it? Well now you can with the /spectate suggestion.

The way I think about this is if you want to just spectate your friends or just want to spectate in general, you should be able to do that! It would be something like "/spectate (username)" and it would be super nice to have! Honestly just thinking about it right now it seems boring, but if you're in the server and you want to spectate your friends, that would be very handy to do!

Just an idea of mine. If you have friends on skype/discord/the phone then you would understand that you would want to spectate them. You can already spectate once you die in the game, but what about when you want to spectate by moving to the game? That would be fun, I hope it will happen and it won't be abused so it can still be a thing!

Please don't abuse the command if it happens!
Thank you!! :D

-Hank

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Have you ever been in a call with your friends and you have to go and you come back and they are in a game and they don't want to leave? Or is a friend on your friends list in a game but you can't join in it? Well now you can with the /spectate suggestion.

The way I think about this is if you want to just spectate your friends or just want to spectate in general, you should be able to do that! It would be something like "/spectate (username)" and it would be super nice to have! Honestly just thinking about it right now it seems boring, but if you're in the server and you want to spectate your friends, that would be very handy to do!

Just an idea of mine. If you have friends on skype/discord/the phone then you would understand that you would want to spectate them. You can already spectate once you die in the game, but what about when you want to spectate by moving to the game? That would be fun, I hope it will happen and it won't be abused so it can still be a thing!

Please don't abuse the command if it happens!
Thank you!! :D

-Hank
This can allow players to stalk others, it also can allow ghosting in games like UHC, and finally players are entities so if too many join a game it will start to make the game so laggy

This has been suggested before and I have just told you the 3 main reasons most people reject it

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
This won't be a positive idea, Since your friends can ask you to ghost. Also, the game might be full, and you wanted to join, You won't be able to.
Yes, there are advantages of this suggestion, where you can find hackers easily and report them by joining and spectating them.
But this have been suggested before, most people rejected it.
But anyways, Thanks for the idea, Keep thinking :)

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Disable chat on spectate mode . But if they discord theres still nothing u can do . Not a lot of people discord though . Still , no.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I think disabling chat function would be more fair, other wise it can give players a big advantage or unwanted players to spectate the game.

Yes I have been in this situation but then there is both pros and cons.

Overall because of the cons, I am not sure.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
This would lead to a lot of people ghosting in certain game modes which would ruin the games like UHC. :p Don't think this should be added.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
This is all suggested before, But I agree. This would be Nice to have. Once you Join cubecraft And your friend is playing And you want to play with him is it very handy for spectating him. Good that you say that it is only By your friends, others you can easy spectate a youtuber And stalk him.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
It is a good idea, but I don't know how it would work, since when a game starts, no one else can join it. I'm not against it however, we can use other anti-ghosting methods such as name spoofing.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I don't like this idea , if you know a name of a youtuber or staff member you can just stalk them by spectating their games. I think that some people doesn't like it if a friend is watchin over them while they are playing. Sometimes your friend wanna play a solo gamemode because they wanna be on their own for a minute. Btw if you join a game to spectate it you will also be able to give the coords of a player, this will give an unfair advantage.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
@Jackelele please close this thread as its not needed and it was a bad suggestion anyway
Locked as requested, next time though it would be a better idea to PM a staff member as posting a message to request a lock on a dead thread is still considered necro-posting, even if it is your own thread :p Just a heads up for future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Happy Birthday :D 🎉
Reesle wrote on tyeguy7's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
GiGaGekkies wrote on Foxy011's profile.
Late happy Birthday xx
GiGaGekkies wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Happy Birthday
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Foxy011's profile.
Happy birthday!:D (sorry for being late:) )
Top Bottom