Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Disagree

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
Hello cubecrafters & discord users

a lot of you know about the channels and their purpose. #English is for English and #eggwars for eggwars. Etc. Though I happend to come across the following: there are a lot of channel specific rules that are unwritten. For example, you can post videos related to eggwars in #eggwars, while I was always told to keep links and videos to #media. You can't send gifs to #english because it contains a link, and you can speak any language in #java. All kinds of simple things that i, as a longer user of the discord server didn't even know about. Though it's "Common sense" according to @Hoshi

in my opinion channel specific rules should be written as new players would have no idea of those rules existing, and would risk getting warned, kicked or maybe even banned because of them breaking rules they have no idea existed.

benefits would be:
- less moderation work since rules are clearer
- chance of using a wrong channel becomes even smaller
- people won't have to ask stuff like whether they can speak a weird language in #java (for example) or not, because it's written down.
- less confusing

cons would be:
- I have no idea what cons adding some rules/information to the channel discription possibly could have.

even though it might be common sense, I don't see why adding this is bad. Just for the extremely dumb people like me.

thanks.

Aspect_Unity

Feb 9, 2020
Um if you ask me it really is common sense but if people can understand and or have a fear that they could get banned etc. i don't see why not that's a +1 from me :p

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Either I don't get you, but ehm.. There is a #rules-and-faq channel?
1591778698063.png

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Either I don't get you, but ehm.. There is a #rules-and-faq channel?View attachment 167178
He means that those rules actually aren't universal to every channel, they bend or are irrelevant to certain channels so each channel should have a mini-rules list so people know what's allowed in what channels.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
He means that those rules actually aren't universal to every channel, they bend or are irrelevant to certain channels so each channel should have a mini-rules list so people know what's allowed in what channels.
First off, she :)

Second, that's exactly what I meant. You might have explained it even better than I would.

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
I couldnt agree more, i sometimes get confused with where i can post what. So having the rules updated would really be a benefit for everyone.

Reactions: SoppeJam
Members Online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom