Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like the spawn protection?

• Total voters

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I think it would be better with having spawn protection. Unless If it would be removed you Will have spawn killers, and players would quit the game because most players hate spawn killers :/

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
Congrats :)

Lets keep it by the topic.
(You can just left a message on his profile or something).
-

I'm not against the spawn protection.

I know that it's annoying when a whole team is hitting you with their stupid hands but you can always avoid it. Just take some obsidian with you before breaking an egg... well there are enough things to do to prevent it.
Make the spawn protection a little shorter will make it better as they already said above.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Lets keep it by the topic.
(You can just left a message on his profile or something).
-

I'm not against the spawn protection.

I know that it's annoying when a whole team is hitting you with their stupid hands but you can always avoid it. Just take some obsidian with you before breaking an egg... well there are enough things to do to prevent it.
Make the spawn protection a little shorter will make it better as they already said above.

I like this idea. It's not too hard to buy a few blocks of OB.

Now, if the egg is surrounded by a giant cube of blocks, there are two ways to deal with people spawning a punching you while they are invincible.

1. Burrow into the cube and put blocks behind you. That way they have to break through your blocks and kill you. You don't get knocked back enough to stop you from mining when there's nowhere to get hit too.

2. Bring TNT. Blow up all their egg defense. Mine the OB after a short battle. Break the egg. Kill the other team. Win.

I do the second strategy all the time. It's a little harder than the first, but it's quicker. Plus, I like the challenge.

Apr 13, 2017
Personally I feel like spawn protection solely to defend an egg upon respawning would be way too ridiculous and make it near impossible to break a team's egg unless you have great timing and blocks with a good pickaxe. If there were to be spawn protection the games would last much MUCH longer and getting a teams egg would be an extremely annoying task. Getting punched by respawning naked people when going for an egg is already extremely annoying as is, yet add temporary invincibility and it would be a disaster in my opinion. However, if spawn protection were too be implemented along with a combat log so to say I think it could work out fairly decent. That would mean upon spawning you have time to get the heck off you island and if you were to attack an enemy your spawn protectiong would disable. WAIT THERE'S MORE TO THIS; If you were to have spawn protection an enemy would not be able to hit you correct? Would that also in turn interfere with trying to intervene/stand in-front of a player mining blocks protecting your egg? O.o consipraciiiiiies

Jqrz

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
Western Australia, Perth
www.youtube.com
Personally I feel like spawn protection solely to defend an egg upon respawning would be way too ridiculous and make it near impossible to break a team's egg unless you have great timing and blocks with a good pickaxe. If there were to be spawn protection the games would last much MUCH longer and getting a teams egg would be an extremely annoying task. Getting punched by respawning naked people when going for an egg is already extremely annoying as is, yet add temporary invincibility and it would be a disaster in my opinion. However, if spawn protection were too be implemented along with a combat log so to say I think it could work out fairly decent. That would mean upon spawning you have time to get the heck off you island and if you were to attack an enemy your spawn protectiong would disable. WAIT THERE'S MORE TO THIS; If you were to have spawn protection an enemy would not be able to hit you correct? Would that also in turn interfere with trying to intervene/stand in-front of a player mining blocks protecting your egg? o_O consipraciiiiiies
Yeah. This makes perfect sense. :)

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
It can be useful, but imo it should be removed when the player with spawn protection hits you, which has been sugested in the past and i think a lot of people agree with this.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Personally I feel like spawn protection solely to defend an egg upon respawning would be way too ridiculous and make it near impossible to break a team's egg unless you have great timing and blocks with a good pickaxe. If there were to be spawn protection the games would last much MUCH longer and getting a teams egg would be an extremely annoying task. Getting punched by respawning naked people when going for an egg is already extremely annoying as is, yet add temporary invincibility and it would be a disaster in my opinion. However, if spawn protection were too be implemented along with a combat log so to say I think it could work out fairly decent. That would mean upon spawning you have time to get the heck off you island and if you were to attack an enemy your spawn protectiong would disable. WAIT THERE'S MORE TO THIS; If you were to have spawn protection an enemy would not be able to hit you correct? Would that also in turn interfere with trying to intervene/stand in-front of a player mining blocks protecting your egg? o_O consipraciiiiiies

Alright, maybe I missed something, but to me, it sounds like you don't want spawn protection to be ADDED. Problem is, it's been part of eggwars forever. You can't add a feature that already is added...

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Well, spawn protection is basically any players last resort when in jeopardy. Having that last chance to defend your egg, or flee to a different location without bring shot off is pretty important. The spawn protection time may feel a little too long, but again, their most likely ungeared. How hard can it be to wait 10 seconds to kill a naked. So I think that they shouldn't change the spawn protection, it's good how it is right now.

Ok first of all, the spawn protection is literally giving you god mode for 10 seconds. The spawn protection is supposed to be used to get away from your attacker, not kill your attacker. And yes, it is VERY hard to kill a naked when they literally have invincibility; especially in team mode. When your in team mode, you don't even get a break between the times you kill someone because you have to kill them one by one. and all they have to do to prevent you from blocking yourself up is walking inside of you. Soon enough, your armor is broken and your dead meat. I can recall one incident when I was trying to break an egg on the garden map, and the respawning players literally broke my diamond armor!

Reactions: ElPtricko

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Ok first of all, the spawn protection is literally giving you god mode for 10 seconds. The spawn protection is supposed to be used to get away from your attacker, not kill your attacker. And yes, it is VERY hard to kill a naked when they literally have invincibility; especially in team mode. When your in team mode, you don't even get a break between the times you kill someone because you have to kill them one by one. and all they have to do to prevent you from blocking yourself up is walking inside of you. Soon enough, your armor is broken and your dead meat. I can recall one incident when I was trying to break an egg on the garden map, and the respawning players literally broke my diamond armor!

Just saying, I've never had an experience like this. My team and I always attack as one, so that might make a difference.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Just saying, I've never had an experience like this. My team and I always attack as one, so that might make a difference.

Well my team has never attacked with me XD. But in theory, that wouldn't work anyway as the resapwned players could just ignore the other players because they have invincibility. The strategy to break the egg of an enemy team would be to have one player breaking the egg, while the others defend him or her. But thats pretty much impossible when you trying to defend your teammate from invincible players.

BlueLove

Apr 23, 2016
USA DUDE
I love this idea. I think it has a great reason behind it. I hate being spawn killed. However, I do believe that if one in spawn protection hits someone, they should be removed from it. I also think it should only be in hardcore health/items and normal.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom