Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

criolo

Sep 10, 2015
PT
Hey, so im suggesting that:

1: Cubecraft can have "damage indicators",i know that you can have it whit mods, but will be a nice thing to add on the server;

2: /nick function can be add to the "plus" rank and diamond and upper ranks, i know that hpx have it, but its a nice function and will improve the ranks purchase's.

Think on that.

Reactions: DealWhit

criolo

Sep 10, 2015
PT
why do we need it? how would this work with reports?

Its a nice feature rank... Reports? That only changes nickname and skin (optional) not ID of the player, and thats only work to nicknames that are not being used.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Hey, so im suggesting that:

1: Cubecraft can have "damage indicators",i know that you can have it whit mods, but will be a nice thing to add on the server;
I don't think this is really necessary for now. If people would like to have damage indicators then just install the mod for that. Yes of course it would be much more convenient for everyone if they add this. But I think the Devs have some things more important in their head right now.

2: /nick function can be add to the "plus" rank and diamond and upper ranks, i know that hpx have it, but its a nice function and will improve the ranks purchase's.
Mhm, not too sure about this one. It could lead to people less targeting ranked people or people on the leaderboard. But I'm also quite sure it could lead to people abusing this command with (e.g.) inappropriate names or something.

I like the /nick function, but it would be hard to report people (I mean at the site, NOT with /report)
I think Cube would add (for example) a special command (for staff only) to see who changed their name to a nickname. Or maybe an automatic system of the report site which says "[real name of user] changed their name to [nickname of user] using the nickname command.

Reactions: DealWhit and criolo
D

Deleted member 377664

big fan of the damage indicator, but not of the /nick for diamond+. don't rlly think it's handy for reports and don't rlly think you need something like that

ImSpain

Sep 17, 2019
Ibiza, Spain
Kids buy Plus so they can show everyone that they have plus, that's why I don't think /nick would be useful in the lobbies. In a game, nobody even notices what rank you have and even less if you are plus or not, so you won't get targetted. I don't think plus' get targetted anyway, it's just like another rank.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I don't think this is really necessary for now. If people would like to have damage indicators then just install the mod for that. Yes of course it would be much more convenient for everyone if they add this. But I think the Devs have some things more important in their head right now.

Mhm, not too sure about this one. It could lead to people less targeting ranked people or people on the leaderboard. But I'm also quite sure it could lead to people abusing this command with (e.g.) inappropriate names or something.

I think Cube would add (for example) a special command (for staff only) to see who changed their name to a nickname. Or maybe an automatic system of the report site which says "[real name of user] changed their name to [nickname of user] using the nickname command.
Yes, for staff. So not for normal people?

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Its a nice feature rank... Reports? That only changes nickname and skin (optional) not ID of the player, and thats only work to nicknames that are not being used.
staff members and youtubers purely have it to reduce focussing, we really dont need it at all. yes it'd be a nice feature but there are lots off issues which have to be solved and it's not worth the dev time in my opinion.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
why do we need it? how would this work with reports?
I'm so sick and tired of people using that as an argument if it comes to this. The largest Minecraft Java server in the entire universe has this feature too and it seems to be working out amazing. I know it'll take a lot of (re)coding in order to make something similar on CubeCraft, but if they want to implement it then it sure is possible

Reactions: criolo

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
If you're talking about the nickname thing, I was talking about the issue with the report site. If not then I don't quite get you.
If you're talking about the nickname thing, I was talking about the issue with the report site. If not then I don't quite get you.
I was talking about that if everyone with plus rank can do /nick, then it's hard to report people because they are nicked so you can't get there real Minecraft name (For the 2nd time, I'm talking about report people on the report site, not with /report)

P.S. I'm sorry that you probably won't understand some things what I said. That's because my english is very bad :,)

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I was talking about that if everyone with plus rank can do /nick, then it's hard to report people because they are nicked so you can't get there real Minecraft name (For the 2nd time, I'm talking about report people on the report site, not with /report)

P.S. I'm sorry that you probably won't understand some things what I said. That's because my english is very bad :,)

Then this is still my answer about the reports on the report site issue with the nickname command.

Reactions: Finixly

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Management is already able to do this, but it is a lot of extra time and effort that they would put into this idea. It’s probably not worth the developing time and members don’t really need to use it. At one point we would have to get /nick for stone members because ranked players will call them noob or whatever for not having a rank. Protecting people against “focussing” that isn’t really that bad doesn’t solve the situation.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Management is already able to do this, but it is a lot of extra time and effort that they would put into this idea. It’s probably not worth the developing time and members don’t really need to use it. At one point we would have to get /nick for stone members because ranked players will call them noob or whatever for not having a rank. Protecting people against “focussing” that isn’t really that bad doesn’t solve the situation.
I actually meant checking if a specific user used the nickname command if it gets added. And yes, as it's not really important now I don't think they would add it as the Devs have to focus on other things. You mean that Management already can use the nickname command, right? That focusing was just an example, but yeah, if it's not that bad it won't solve the issue probably.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
This has been suggested prior so many times, the problem with using /nick on this server is, it will give you either random nicknames to choose from or auto-assign you one. Keeping that in mind, when you're assigned a nickname whatever rank that nick had will be the perms you'll have whilst being nicked, so if that nickname has stone rank then you'll have the same perms as a stone rank person. So should it be added, in my opinion, No, I don't think it should be added since there's a cost for using it and as much as I hate targetting, I would hate not having my normal perms when needed.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
You mean that Management already can use the nickname command, right?
Everyone within the staffteam and youtubers can use the nick command, only management can see the name of the player who used /nick. This has happened before with youtubers using nick to cheat and only management being able to search their real name.

criolo

Sep 10, 2015
PT
Management is already able to do this, but it is a lot of extra time and effort that they would put into this idea.
Why you guys using always the same argument? "A lot of extra time" so? If a idea expends time u can't do it? I know that can be a small thing that can spend a lot of time, but complete a server. A lot of players buy 30days rank on hpx just to have /nick function, that will be nice to cubecraft ...
Btw, whit that arguments you guys doesn't help the server getting up cuz staff will feel confortable reading this.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Everyone within the staffteam and youtubers can use the nick command, only management can see the name of the player who used /nick. This has happened before with youtubers using nick to cheat and only management being able to search their real name.
I knew about the Youtubers and Management is actually a bit logic. But I didn't know there's already a command for the management so they can see who used /nick.

And for real? Youtubers using /nick to cheat? Get outta here

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hope you all are having a great saturday
kokhun-cat.gif
Kazwa wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Frontlane wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thank you for the follow :)
BicolourSine41 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on Helper!!!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy Birthday!! (Last post here in a year (Really 366 days, cause of February 29)) Have a nice birthday!!
Top Bottom