Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

_PedroPF_

Jan 27, 2016
Portugal
twitch.tv
I believe that, with tower defense not being the most played game per say, if people could go solo, there wouldn’t be lobbies with teams filling out and then if a party wanted to play... they wouldn’t be able to do so... but hey, if they can make that happen and have everyone be more happy, then I vote yes, do it CubeCraft!

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice try but the game mode is already dead. It barely reaches 100 players in peak time. There is no need to split the player base.
That is completely false, I've been playing tower defence for a very long time and every week numbers are going up, Tower defence is not dead and is an always growing popular game

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
I think the first thing what needs to be done is improving the game and thus making it more popular by
1. Reducing the ability to grief/troll
2. Bringing new mechanics in the game (as in new towers, 5x5 especially)
3. Creating a tutorial so people learn to play (I will explain this idea later)
4. Add more mobs to send
(5. Adding new maps, but I think this shouldn't be cubecrafts priority)

When one (or more) of these things are done and the popularity has increased. Then it would be okay to bring options such as 2v2 and 1v1 in.

And even if you bring in 1v1 rn you'd rather remove 6v6 immediately cuz it will increase the waiting time and multiply it by 2/3.

Reactions: Matriox

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Explanation of the tutorial:

A tutorial would decrease the amount of noobs in games, that's why I think it's an option to improve TWD.

How would it work?
You'd be able to join via the npc of twd, if you do the tutorial you'll get an achievement and you wont be able to do it again.

If you join you'll immediately be placed in a solo game of twd but you play against a bot. This bot will only send troops and you only defend. In this game tower placement in the wrong way is not possible to learn new players to place their towers correctly. The bot will first send some zombies and an npc in chat will tell the player to build a mage tower. Then there will be sent cave spiders and there will be asked for multiple mages. I think you get the idea.

Now hopefully when this tutorial exists, 80% of the noobs will understand the game much better and become just a new player. (but one who knows how to play the basics) This doesn't solve the people who are trolling/grieving but it is a step forward and would get twd more popular.

Let me know what you think of it.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Explanation of the tutorial:

A tutorial would decrease the amount of noobs in games, that's why I think it's an option to improve TWD.

How would it work?
You'd be able to join via the npc of twd, if you do the tutorial you'll get an achievement and you wont be able to do it again.

If you join you'll immediately be placed in a solo game of twd but you play against a bot. This bot will only send troops and you only defend. In this game tower placement in the wrong way is not possible to learn new players to place their towers correctly. The bot will first send some zombies and an npc in chat will tell the player to build a mage tower. Then there will be sent cave spiders and there will be asked for multiple mages. I think you get the idea.

Now hopefully when this tutorial exists, 80% of the noobs will understand the game much better and become just a new player. (but one who knows how to play the basics) This doesn't solve the people who are trolling/grieving but it is a step forward and would get twd more popular.

Let me know what you think of it.
This is a great idea I agree with both comments but there are already a lot of td maps I would suggest removing barren ( 🙄) and adding in a community subbmition map like crystal drops' maps, they are great td maps! 😀

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Nice try but the game mode is already dead. It barely reaches 100 players in peak time. There is no need to split the player base.

I can't remember the last time I played a full team game in this mode anyways. A solo mode might even give this game a boost in players, as everyone who has been frustrated to death by random teams will return to the game.

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
Solo games would be way easier to fill considering, there would only be two people needed for the game to start. Sometimes, when cube's not at it's peak hours, tower defense does take a while to fill.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
i'd love if actuall tower defence players replied to this thread bcs none of what ur saying is true idk if ur going to the wrong CubeCraft but I always get a game filled up really quick, maybe if u played the game and I'dlooked at the player count u would have more respect for the game and I might have more respect for u, coming on tower defence threads and speaking about something u don't have a clue about

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LeCastel

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
i'd love if actuall tower defence players replied to this thread bcs none of what ur saying is true idk if ur going to the wrong CubeCraft but I always get a game filled up really quick, maybe if u played the game and I'dlooked at the player count u would have more respect for the game and I might have more respect for u, coming on tower defence threads and speaking about something u don't have a clue about

Imagine trying to discredit other peoples opinion for such a dumb reason.

It's almost as if there are players playing in all kinds of different timezones. Your experience on the server is not the only one. It's simple fact the game struggles to fill up during certain hours (for me it's night
time, but for others it might be during the day, when they play the most).

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Imagine trying to discredit other peoples opinion for such a dumb reason.

It's almost as if there are players playing in all kinds of different timezones. Your experience on the server is not the only one. It's simple fact the game struggles to fill up during certain hours (for me it's night
time, but for others it might be during the day, when they play the most).
Look at the way she phrased it: "nice try" but the game mode is dead, and if as u siad she just plays in a different timezone she siad "at peak time" which means that td has around 200ppl at peak time, I'm sorry for getting angry but she was very wrong and put a bad image on a great game

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i think its not populair because most people ruin it for others. there are so many people who rush instantly or dont know how to play/troll and misplace towers. for me too, as a huge TD lover, its demotivating to keep playing the game

Reactions: Færøyene
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎉
Thunder wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!!
Thunder wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations!!
Thunder wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Welcome back!!
privqted wrote on Muhh's profile.
hi man. i noticed this issue on ur account. please get this correct asAP.
1713550463208.png
Top Bottom