Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Name:
OASIS

Creator(s):
@ItzEnd3r

Description:
You spawn on a baron desert island, with nothing but a tree and some cactus, but in the distance you can see, a beautiful oasis covered in water and life, but most importantly CHESTS!

Number of Players: 10

Chests on Spawn Islands: 3

Chests on Mid: 9

Total TnT Traps: 12 (one on each island + 2 on mid)

Pictures:
2020-06-10_22.24.27.png
2020-06-10_22.24.45.png
2020-06-10_22.24.56.png
2020-06-10_22.25.15.png
2020-06-10_22.25.32.png

Reactions: JDgamers

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Looks cool, but make the chest easier to get, and you dont have to go on a manhunt to get some (like that one in the tree). If you'd change that, it's a 100% yes from me!

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
@FireExcalibur10 what would you suggest to detail the islands more?
Remove those fences under the island, look odd. Try and make a palm tree. Mid trees are overcrowded with those grass hanging off so remove them. Make the cave bigger. Make a tricky layout for sub mid island (add them). Looks boring to see a circle surrounded with floating islands only. Make several heights fir the sub-mid islands to give more gameplay.

Reactions: Diav and ItzEnd3r

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I like the chest outside of the tree. I love the map, my only feedback is the layout. It's so plain with just a circle. Maybe take all the big builds in middle and make them into sub middles to set this build apart from all the other maps. I'll vote yes for now as long as you make some changes.

Reactions: JDgamers

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
This map doesn't convince me, now I'm going to explain you why:
  • The layout: It's a classic, the islands around the middle without any sub-middle island or without any unusual position of the starting islands and without a less-boring shape of the mid, which is just a circle.
  • The starting islands: They look too simple and the terraforming under it looks a bit weird, maybe you could fix its shape. The islands are too empty, I get that it could be good for the PvP and the fact that it is a desert you don't know what to add, but they just look boring to me.
  • The middle islands: Let's say that in an oasis in real life it would be strange if you find lilypads and those kinds of trees you're most likely to find palm trees and bushes. The trees you made look good but unluckily the jungle saplings trick that can't be used in Skywars. Again there isn't much to say about it, maybe instead of placing only grass it'd be more realistic if you add some sand there.
That being said, I think the most important weakness of this map is the boring layout and the choice of how and what you placed on the islands, the theme is alright but maybe you could've worked with it in a different way, adding different things (palms, bushes, more sand to the middle...)
The quality of the buildings isn't that bad tho​
Hope this was helpful, goodluck.​

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Hello ItzEnd3r, thank you for your efforts in submitting this.

Unfortunately, the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:
  • As stated by Diav the lay-out is classic, we are looking for map with an interesting gameplay.
  • The starter islands are too simple and in combination with the middle they feel out of place (not fitting the theme).

Reactions: ItzEnd3r
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on privqted's profile.
Cool Youtuber!
Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday
Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Top Bottom