Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

gracefool

Nov 4, 2016
Australia
This was the result of myself mucking around with little Santa faces. It was made purely for fun and to improve my building, which I think I achieved. Features 12 islands, a wreath surrounding the inner tree and a snowflake underneath to give players a second chance. Honestly, it wouldn't make for the best PvP map as the surfaces aren't great for it... but I thought I'd share it anyways. Merry very early Christmas :p Constructive feed back would be greatly appreciated.
2016-11-30_18.14.37.png
2016-11-28_16.41.38.png
2016-11-30_18.24.10.png

Last edited:

amgjmg

Sep 2, 2016
NoobLand
Nice map! Really cool design. I would suggest making the snowflake a little easier to land on since you said it was meant to give players a second chance.

Reactions: gracefool

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
I really like this one!
The islands are super original.
The snowflakes on the bottom give the map kind of the same gameplay as time (I think).

It's just a really good map!
Well done!

gracefool

Nov 4, 2016
Australia
You will have to replace all Nether Wart Blocks however since those are 1.10 Blocks.
Because Cube wants to support both 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11 they limt their builds to 1.9 Blocks only.

Apart from that, this map actually looks really nice!
Oh yea, didn't consider the update issue. Perhaps red stained clay may work as a replacement. Thanks for the kind words though!

Reactions: Twania and Yamin
This was the result of myself mucking around with little Santa faces. It was made purely for fun and to improve my building, which I think I achieved. Features 12 islands, a wreath surrounding the inner tree and a snowflake underneath to give players a second chance. Honestly, it wouldn't make for the best PvP map as the surfaces aren't great for it... but I thought I'd share it anyways. Merry very early Christmas :p Constructive feed back would be greatly appreciated.View attachment 124571 View attachment 124567 View attachment 124568 View attachment 124569 View attachment 124570

Well done Gracefool,

I like the idea of the non-flat "PVP" surfaces as it adds the unique feature of battling and maneuverability, something most of the maps don't have. It will allow players to think on their feet and enjoy the map.

Also, I wouldn't make the snowflakes to easy to land on as it defeats the purpose to get knocked off. Think it you were the killer, you worked hard and he then just landed on the bottom and got back in the game. Make it possible to land on but not easy.

Well done, I would love to play on this map!

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
I love Christmas and this maps totally fits my passion! I really like the map and am sure that you will become a great builder if you keep on practising.
One thing, I don't really like the colours of the baubles. Blue and yellow don't match with the other blocks in your map. Using only red and white would be better, in my opinion. :)

Reactions: gracefool

gracefool

Nov 4, 2016
Australia
I love Christmas and this maps totally fits my passion! I really like the map and am sure that you will become a great builder if you keep on practising.
One thing, I don't really like the colours of the baubles. Blue and yellow don't match with the other blocks in your map. Using only red and white would be better, in my opinion. :)
Thanks so much! I found the Christmas theme very fun and inspiring. Totally get what you are saying with the colour clash. If it doesn't look too bland I'll remove the blue and yellow, or perhaps just the yellow. I'll keep practising!

Reactions: Buuuddy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom